Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

Zen

England look like they've gone to a 532 with Rice in CB at times :lol:

Rex Banner

I don't know Bellingham is now seen exclusively as a no 10. Yes, he played there for Madrid this season but before that he's always played deeper.

Drop him deeper, put Foden in front and then we can get some proper width on the left.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Someone said, would it be any worse having ChatGPT as our manager?

Managing the England national football team would be an exciting but highly challenging task. It requires not only a deep understanding of football tactics, player management, and team dynamics but also the ability to handle the immense pressure and expectations from fans and the media. Here are some key aspects involved:

1. **Tactical Knowledge**: Understanding various formations, strategies, and how to adapt them to different opponents is crucial.
2. **Player Management**: Selecting the right squad, managing player fitness, and maintaining high morale.
3. **Game Preparation**: Analyzing opponents, planning training sessions, and developing match strategies.
4. **Media Relations**: Handling press conferences and maintaining a positive public image.
5. **In-Game Decisions**: Making real-time decisions regarding substitutions, tactical changes, and responding to the flow of the game.

While I have theoretical knowledge and can provide insights on strategies, training, and analysis, the hands-on experience and the ability to inspire and manage real players are critical aspects best handled by an experienced football manager.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I don't think I've noticed Bellingham at all in this game.
He's somewhat of a curious player. Clearly hugely talented but I rarely see him live up to the Zidane levels of hype.

He plays for the best club side in the world and apparently "he's running the show" when he's actually not.

He can't play as a 6/8, plays as a 10 but doesn't press and isn't a knitting type passer or tempo guy, he's physical but not dominant, not a clinical finisher but a good finisher.

Really curious player.

Superunknown

We just seem to be playing on the back foot, rather than being the more imposing team. We're almost letting them have the ball and are playing counter-attacking. With the players and squad we have, we should be the ones dominating the ball and forcing Denmark to drop deep.

PoTMS

Does the fecking cowardly rat realise he has a squad of 26 (sans Shaw) and 5 subs?

bosskeano

why bring on gallagher who's more attack minded when you need someone next to Rice who can help occupy that half space in front of the CB's??? that is the space where Denmark is hurting England

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Rasmus is doing fine. Not amazing. But for his role, think he's looked good

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
You definitely can, their way more versatile players, they just need to be coached. it's clear as day they've not been given any attacking instructions. We've been playing football from 2005.
True. I mean they’ve just added in Gallacher to occupy many of the spaces that Foden and Bellingham like to be in. A good manager would find a way.

RopersReturn

What would we look like playing against Spain, Portugal, France or Germany. Southgate and Steve Hollands dismal non existent tactics, just relying on bursts of individual talent.

mikeyt

I'd love to know how Southgate survived all these years. He's ALWAYS been pure shit since day one.
Correct! Let's remember this is Denmark who are bang average. Same as Serbia, bang average and we struggled to beat them. His record against any decent side is appalling.

Smacky The Frog

We just seem to be playing on the back foot, rather than being the more imposing team. We're almost letting them have the ball and are playing counter-attacking. With the players and squad we have, we should be the ones dominating the ball and forcing Denmark to drop deep.
You cannot impose yourself if you have no identity. England have no identity on the ball.