Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

Jack-C20

Didn’t we get worse in the second half against Serbia? Southgate has picked the same side, making the same subs and it’s following the same script so far.

the_cliff

At least with Gallagher we'll have a functioning midfield. Albeit, a crappy one.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So we need a player who can help control midfield and we get a championship level headless chicken instead.

Ludens the Red

I actually wanted Trent moved forward to midfield last season, but watching this I don't think he has the positional awareness for it. Maybe it's a coaching thing but his best work is at RB overall. He has to be playing in an attacking side that dominates the ball though. If he's in a side that has to defend a lot, he struggles. We saw that in 22/23 when our midfield was broken and he was left 1v1 every week.
Yep, if you want him to work in cm that’s literally the only way it would work and even then you need those back line penetrating runners (who Southgate left behind or on the bench) . He could easily play right back in this team because we don’t get that exposed. But Kyle Walker will be playing rb for England until his 40’s…

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Good god, if Southgate ever become our manager I...I think I might just....I can't even say it.

ArtetasHair

Supports
Arsenal
Am I the only one sick of hearing about TAA? When its obvious half the reason he's hated here is because of the club he plays for. Mainoo is very talented and showed but in a lot of games was hardly earth shattering. The problem is Southgate's overall poor tactics, he'd play this shit even if you gave him the Brazil of 2002.

Pughnichi

Should've been Mainoo.
Gallagher coming on? That doesn’t solve anything
Said this against Serbia…and I’ll repeat

You’ve got a choice to make when your team is coming under a bit of pressure. You either get some legs on. A runner who will harass the opponent (Gallagher) or a ball player who can actually retain possession and be progressive (Mainoo)

its decisions like this that drive me crazy

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Kasper is a couple of cheeseburgers away from looking like Neville Southall.

PoTMS

Am I the only one sick of hearing about TAA? When its obvious half the reason he's hated here is because of the club he plays for. Mainoo is very talented and showed but in a lot of games was hardly earth shattering. The problem is Southgate's overall poor tactics, he'd play this shit even if you gave him the Brazil of 2002.
Feck off then.

And no, it's not just United fans complaining about him.

Rockets Redglare

Have you watched the games so far? It isn’t even that Mainoo should be playing, it’s that any of the other midfielders should be ahead of TAA in the middle.
The fact Southgate thinks he should be first choice is insane, he shouldn’t even be an option in the centre.

Mike Smalling

Damsgaard hasn't scored a goal for club or country, since his freekick against England in the last Euros :wenger:

cj_sparky

Was a nice effort from Foden.

Glad to see Trent is off, cannot get into the squad as a RB but magically makes it in as a CM in Southgate's eyes.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Southgate is the weakest link shoulda gone after the World Cup

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
He would turn even brazil '82 to shit!

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Foden at least is having some decent moments this match.

Gallagher at least will have some positional strength, may help to keep the ball when we are pressed rather than Rice having to do basically 2 peoples job.