Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

El Jefe

Southgate should be tried for war crimes. I don’t even believe that it’s that great of an England side but they are far better than this.

MF1138

Which is more shit, England's "midfield" or Shearer's commentating?:confused:

TrivelaDeBruno

Denmark playing quietly, confidently and very assured as a TEAM.

Shearer ‘We need to get Bellingham on the ball. Get people around. Get runners off him’
Unfortunately when one of your double pivot is non existent it becomes relatively easy to cut off supply to the attacking mid.

Telsim

Gareth Southgate's ability to make a team noticeably worse than the sum of its parts is truly impressive. Coward football unlike any I have ever seen. Anyone who thinks this guy is good enough for Manchester United should review where they are in life and how they got there.

BuzzKillington

One day I’ll watch a game where Saka actually stands out. He’s far too well regarded for my opinion of him being overrated to be true, but he’s always just so meh when I watch him.

Abraxas

Poor. Stodgy.

Not sure it's about one or two players, as bad as the likes of TAA have been. There's something very structurally wrong.

Cloud7

Imagine been so dense you contine to pick TAA over Mainoo in midfield.

Fecking idiot.
I honestly rather Mainoo not be a part of a match where England look like this. There’s every chance Denmark can win this and you just know the press is going to find a reason to target him

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
But "Trent" can hit a nice long diagonal, therefore he's Pirlo.

GoldanoGraham

Terrible….Trent must come off……Gordon must come on……Saka off for Cole Palmer

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Southgate focuses on playing defensively in order to not embarrass himself. 1-0 is the final result he wants each match.

waza7111

It's obvious that Southgate tells them to put 10 men behind the ball and defend 1-0 leads.

Pickford isn't good enough with his feet. Even in international football you can't get away with it.

Rojofiam

Didn't catch the first half but damn what a goal from Hjulmand

Has this been a similar performance to the Serbia game from England?

CloneMC16

He could have picked a player for balance. Burn, Doughty, Colwill, Henry or Mitchell etc.

Instead he chose to bring an injured Luke Shaw.
Agreed. I hated the fact that he didn't pick a LB. It's so frustrating watching the ball make it to Trippier, and he cuts back on to his right every single time. Having even an average LB would be better than this.

The left side is awful.

IncyWincySpider

We're only playing with one midfielder and leaving gaping holes everywhere. And my god we're boring. Think we'll still win though.

Abraxas

Kane is very good but he always looks a bit of a problem to solve for England. With him pressing is very hard.

the_cliff

Thomas Frank is probably imagining what he could do with this England team.

Cloud7

I totally get what Foden does in a city shirt, but England really doesn’t have anything going on on their left and Foden should be replaced. Let him fight for the number 10 spot with Bellingham

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I would LOVE to see the half time team talk from Gareth.
‘Well played lads. We’ve been unlucky that half. Try and get us another goal and then defend the lead properly next time’

redshaw

I feel Mainoo would just be blamed if he was on, it's a shambles from front to back and lack of prep, I doubt he'd make a big difference and just be as lost looking with an army of pundits waiting for it. As much as I love Mainoo he's just half a season at 18/19 years old.

I think Southgate has to redo this setup and leave some more names out.