Day 5 | Turkey vs Georgia | Portugal vs Czechia

pretty silly dive considering he blew right past him and was clean past

There was contact, but no call was the right call. Not even the booking for a dive. You are withing your rights to go down when there is actual contact, are you not? You might not get the foul call, but you shouldn't be booked either.

Leao with the dive of the tournament so far.

More refs need to start booking for diving, it';s pathetic they don't

In these tough times as a United fan, Bruno is one of few players I love to watch. Sensational footballer.

CR7 doing what he was doing to us, no movement, no pressing, Portugal playing with 10 men.

Just thinking about all those nut jobs that think we'd be better off without Bruno :lol: :lol:

Absolute bellends the lot of them.

Roberto needs to change it to 343....don't need 5 defenders on the pitch even if Concelo and Dalot are decent on the ball

Portugal has a generally exciting squad but something seems off. They miss some cutting edge.

They'll win this game in the 2nd half I reckon but it's not a convincing performance yet.

My god this Czech side is negative. Lightyears from the days of Nedved, Rosicky, Koller, Poborsky etc

Portugal has a generally exciting squad but something seems off. They miss some cutting edge.

They'll win this game in the 2nd half I reckon but it's not a convincing performance yet.
We miss a proper striker

I expect the top teams to improve as the tournament goes on. From an England perspective, I think Germany and Spain in particular are the most problematic match ups for the team. That's not to say I think they will definitely beat everyone else (or definitely lose if we play Germany or Spain) but just initial thoughts.

I'm only just after noticing that it's now Czechia not Czech Republic anymore, learn something new everyday.

Portugal need a formation change, who saw that coming.

I expect the top teams to improve as the tournament goes on. From an England perspective, I think Germany and Spain in particular are the most problematic match ups for the team. That's not to say I think they will definitely beat everyone else (or definitely lose if we play Germany or Spain) but just initial thoughts.
I think the teams are struggling because they had a heavy preparation. Like you said they will all improve

I swear Leao misses more passes than Doku and I'm sure Doku is blind.
70m Adama Traore

surely you can drop cancelo from the team for a more creative player, and for that matter Leao isn't adding a whole lot.

Slow tempo from Portugal, dominating to no avail.

Not sure Czechia have the resources to score though.

I quite honestly don’t understand Portugal’s system here. They have really solid fullbacks and they are struggling to use that width. Bruno and Bernardo would absolutely walk this lot with time and space.

The Czechs have really fallen off since the Nedved era. They used to be one of my favourite teams to watch in major tournaments.