Day 5 | Turkey vs Georgia | Portugal vs Czechia

Portugal look good when they aren't just trying to thump balls into Ronaldo.
This. Another good play and Ronaldo nowhere to be found. This isn't the Saudi footy exhibition

Bruno is a joy. And he’s ours
Incredible player. I’d have him in any United XI for the last 20 years, even when we were constantly winning leagues and in CL Finals

Hope we can win the league with him before he leaves

Expecting mid-June games delivering outworldly entertainment is a bit preposterous imho. The tournament starts at QF level, this is just formation laps.

Watching United has really given me a great appreciation for when a teams attack is lopsided

Portugal would have been better going with a 4-3-3. Extra man in midfield being Joao neves.

Bruno has been on the top of his game since Newcastle at home. Peaked just in time for the Euros.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the weakest link in Portugal squad. Just because he was a legend once, doesn't mean it was a good idea to bring a semi-retired footballer from Saudi league into Euros.

Looks like this is the "force it to Ronaldo" Portugal rather the "let's just score" Portugal

Czechia have looked terrible on the ball. Giving the ball away without any pressure.

Portugal would have been better going with a 4-3-3. Extra man in midfield being Joao neves.

Is Neves better than Palhinha already? Better talent yes but I can't imagine he's that good at 19 yet.

Portugal look good when they aren't just trying to thump balls into Ronaldo.
That's the danger really, that he either has one last great tournament and is an inspiration or whether it's all about him which becomes a distraction.

Good pass from Bruno, though Ronaldo looked offside anyway

Ronaldo might get some goals here and there but there is difference between Saudi League defenders and European. He looks like that 17 year old kid but on the other side of his career.

He is playing right. Saving energy. Making runs when needed. Experience.

If portugal persevere with Ronaldo they aren't contenders, hes an absolute passenger in the general play and a big team will find a way to exploit that.

He may end up scoring a few goals as hes still obviously a very good finisher, but hes more of an hinderance than a help at this point.

Bruno is having a great game, looks dangerous.

I don't understand why Cancelo is playing ahead of Bruno.

If you could even justify starting Cancelo in midfield at all, it shouldn't be with Bruno dropping deeper with Cancelo closer to the strikers.

Looks like this is the "force it to Ronaldo" Portugal rather the "let's just score" Portugal
Always is when he players, then he scores because a team of master creators are trying to force the ball to him, and his fanboys go wild.

They're better without him being a nailed on starter and the focal point of the team.