Day 5 | Turkey vs Georgia | Portugal vs Czechia

We didn't even have a shot on goal and looked bereft of any idea at all. :lol:

Ukraine at least had chances and dominated the ball. Stinky mistakes cost them the game, whereas we dropped 0/10 performances all round.
Yes but at the end of the day Scotland lost to a team everyone was expecting them to lose to. Meanwhile Ukraine lost 3-0 to a team they were expected to beat.

Yes but at the end of the day Scotland lost to a team everyone was expecting them to lose to. Meanwhile Ukraine lost 3-0 to a team they were expected to beat.

Sure, but in that regard I'd suggest it was the worst result, not the worst performance.

None of that robotic boring football. Just two teams going at it. Lovely stuff.

Doubt I'll see a better, more entertaining game than this one in the tournament.
What a game of football that was, immense. What an atmosphere. Like it was the final itself. Arda Guler hey? Another wonder kid on Real Madrid's books already.

Such a refreshing game. Two teams going at each other for the whole match. Fantastic stuff.

Random games you'd never normally watch like Georgia v Turkey being thrillers is what it's all about.

Portugal time now. Least I can watch them without wanting them to lose every game like I did in the World Cup because of how soon it was after the Piers Morgan interview :lol:

That was a great game and a really fearless debut tournament performance from Georgia.

Scotland definitely by far the worst team performance of the opening games unless Portugal/Czechia go insane, though tbf Germany at home for an opener is always a potential beating for a smaller team.

Up next the Cristano Ronaldo show

Yawn.

Seriously though, the last WC should have been the end of him at international level, wasting a couple of years so he could pad his stats out is going to bite them.

Now watch him get a hat trick and his fanboys spaff uncontrollably.

Yawn.

Seriously though, the last WC should have been the end of him at international level, wasting a couple of years so he could pad his stats out is going to bite them.

He is still their best striker, that's why he's still playing. It's that simple.

Yawn.

who scores hattrick in euro?

Portugal's team and bench looks very strong. Think I'd have played Palhinha in place of a CB but idk.

Random games you'd never normally watch like Georgia v Turkey being thrillers is what it's all about.

Portugal time now. Least I can watch them without wanting them to lose every game like I did in the World Cup because of how soon it was after the Piers Morgan interview :lol:
Yeah was torn between a podcast or putting this on my phone while I cooked dinner. Very happy I decided to watch the match, great game with some great goals.

Martinez is a 352 fanatic

Let’s see if Bernardo can do something after the garbage from KDB and Foden

Portugal definitely look like a team that will create a ton of chances for Ronaldo. Can't see him not scoring goals every game in this group.

On the flip side, I also think they look a bit thin at the back.

Are Portugal good? Seems an uninspiring lineup on paper. Strong bench though.

Really? Vitinha is a superb player with Bruno partnering in midfield. Front 3 of B Silva, Ronaldo, and Leao is about as good as it gets, even with a past it Ronaldo. Defense also looks decent. And maybe the best bench in the tournament.

Wild that you'd leave a fit Diogo Jota on the bench for a 39 year old Ronaldo. He's a good finisher and he'll give you a lot of work rate.

Really? Vitinha is a superb player with Bruno partnering in midfield. Front 3 of B Silva, Ronaldo, and Leao is about as good as it gets, even with a past it Ronaldo. Defense also looks decent. And maybe the best bench in the tournament.

Bernado never looks good for Portugal. Not sure about playing Bruno deeper.

At least Leao is starting though. He barely saw the pitch in 2022.

Bernado never looks good for Portugal. Not sure about playing Bruno deeper.

At least Leao is starting though. He barely saw the pitch in 2022.

I haven't watched them much but I imagine Martinez as manager would suit Bernardo more. Even if I don't rate Martinez that highly (although he's better than most international managers).

Portugal's team and bench looks very strong. Think I'd have played Palhinha in place of a CB but idk.

Did Portugal play a back 3 in any of the qualifiers?

To me they'd be better playing 4-2-3-1. I thought Joao Neves was starting for them aswell.

Wild that you'd leave a fit Diogo Jota on the bench for a 39 year old Ronaldo. He's a good finisher and he'll give you a lot of work rate.

Jota had that injury in the run in. I'd say him floating off Ronaldo with Leao out wide is the way to go so interested how it plays out on the pitch.

Surprised Joao neves was dropped. He was quality in the qualifiers. Be interesting to see Dalot in a back 3.