Day 2: Spain vs. Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Excellent punditry from the four on the BBC, puts ITV to shame - the studio looks better too.

SergioRamos4

Supports
Real Madrid
Pathetic Del Bosque and Iker Casillas , I dont remember a performance that bad from a GK in any of the games I have seen in the past 20 years , what happened to you Iker ? :(

Anyway , we are out of the World Cup Tonight , no matter what , with that Goal Average , you cant go through for sure , Netherlands will win Australie , Chile too , and last Game Netherlands already qualified will lose vs Chile for sure . Life Goes on though but im sad. The 1st half could have been 2-0 for us , if fecking Silva scored that goal , Instead it went 1-1 because of Casillas ...anyway , what a poor performance...I was not expecting that for sure.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Anyone else enjoying Henry on the BBC? The guy just oozes French coolness.

Dylan94

I cannot wait for next season. We've got to sign Robben though. I'm sure Louis can persuade him!

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Apart from buffon who else has been as good as him over the years. He was voted madrids best player of the season for many years even when the had zidane and co. He is a Madrid and Spanish legend. He should be dropped now though like I said before but lets not rewrite history. He has had as good a career as anyone.
I know he is a legend with Madrid and Spain, that is not in dispute. Off the top of my head, in the 20 years I've been watching the game I would rank Schmeichel, Khan and Buffon as truly great goalkeepers. I never put Casillas in that category despite him having a comparable or better career.

I view him in a similar light to Raul; both club legends at Madrid but transfer them to another club and I think neither would've risen to the level their club careers suggest they belong.

Last edited:

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Been putting scorecast bets on the first two games. Came to put one on this game and realised I had no idea what was going to happen.
Glad I didn't now!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm not a man of statistics, although I will have a go working out some percentanges and error bars later, but I reckon;

Spain have a 75% of going out at the group stage now,
and the Netherlands have a 80% chance of going through.

Treble

This is why footbal is such a great game. RvP and Robben were majestic. Had Silva scored from that chance when the result was still 1:0 the final outcome could have been the reverse.

Still, that's only one game. Can see Holland leaving in the next round and Spain reaching the final once again.

That loss could be a good thing for Spain as it will motivate them to show that they are still the best. They were pretty poor in the second half though, didn't look fit enough. Maybe it's time for Casillas and Xavi to give way to younger players, e.g. DDG and Koke.

NK86

If I was Robben and was playing like this I'd probably be tackling my own teammates just to get on the ball to be fair.
:lol: That volley by Robben was breath taking. He is 30 but he ran Ramos absolutely ragged with speed.

Dinghy

Don't know why as I have never liked Holland that much but this is one of the best and most enjoyable games I've ever seen. Probably got something to do with the LVG-factor but anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.