Day 10: Germany vs. Ghana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Lahm in the midfield forces Khedira up the field where he's useless.

If Greg Dyke wants to appear to be doing something worthwhile in his role as chief executive. He should just emulate how Germany approach football. Easiest job in the world when you have a clear idea how things should be done. He'll still feck things up, good old English style.

Who the hell is commentating on the bbc as co-commentator?

"Howedes looks like he is carrying a caravan" :lol:

Why? Great player and from what I've heard is an alright guy.
Oh I don't know what he is like personality wise and I don't really care. While I can't deny his brilliant scoring record, I just feel that he is only really good at heading, technically seems a bit poor and slow.

(of course the main reason for my dislike comes from the fact that he is so close to breaking fat ronaldo's record , but I won't mention that in my answer)

For those in Ireland, you can use the RTE player. Whatever you think of the coverage, the quality is much better than the others I've found.

These 2 color boots look terrible. Puma probably makes teh worst looking boots.

Ghana was awesome, particularly the right side. Prince was poor as heck though, didn't do anything worthy since the Batman anyway.

Germany does bore me a bit.

Ghana need to be more composed in the final third. They are hurrying their passes and losing the ball in the process. Muntari is playing very well but he is giving the ball away far too often. He has a short fuse and needs to watch his tackles.

German are not attacking in numbers probably fearing a Ghana counter attack

Ghana need to get the final ball/pass right already.

They reach good positions in both their matches so far and feck it up.

Won't be that far fetched to say they were the better team this half just about.

Ghana is a good team, no doubt. I hope Germany was just saving fuel for the second. Also, Ghana has to score, whereas Germany would be fine with a draw. I'm pretty sure the second half is going to be exciting.

Good game so far. Must be frustrating for those who want to see Germany overwhelm, but an interesting game for a neutral.

Germany are in the same boat as Argentina.....if they are going to win it, it's via fluke of setup. Neither team knows what they want to do with their formations. Germany is an ultra central setup, which works if your playing a hot headed team down to 10....and should pull through here. But again, why no natural width?

If Greg Dyke wants to appear to be doing something worthwhile in his role as chief executive. He should just emulate how Germany approach football. Easiest job in the world when you have a clear idea how things should be done. He'll still feck things up, good old English. style.
I remember hearing that after the failure of the 2002 World Cup(I wouldn't could losing the final to Brazil much of a failure)that Germany started to change their youth policy and coaching at grass roots level. So if Greg Dyke has the same plans then I reckon England could have a pretty descent team ready for the World Cup in 2026.

Status
Not open for further replies.