Day 10: Germany vs. Ghana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been staring at the group table trying to work out how much of a chance Ghana have of making it through. It's very open.

If we screw up tommorrow they will have plenty of chances.

I've been staring at the group table trying to work out how much of a chance Ghana have of making it through. It's very open.
As long as Portugal beat the USA tomorrow.. Or else i don't think there is much hope for both Ghana or Portugal..

Edit:Even a draw between those two helps Ghana.. Guess Portugal need to win to stay in it..

flipping infuriating.

Has anyone else noticed how below par Lahm has been? he plays like he isn't fully fit. Misplaces a ton of passes, often leading to goal scoring chances for the opposition. Aside from being caught out on the defensive side, his work on the attack isn't anything to boast about either. His control was all over the place, slowing down our moves and his final pass was lacking. Also what's with all the stupid flicks?

Hopefully he goes back to RB next match if Boating is injured and Bastian takes his place. He's been my disappointment of the tourney so far.

Ozil was my German MOTM. Had a good WC so far, shows that his supposed bad season at Arsenal was more down to his team-mates than him. We need to finish first in this group, if we don't the knock outs will be hell. Every WC winner has a bad game in the tournament, i guess this was ours.
Agreed with all of that. Lahm and Khedira have been especially poor, while the whole German attack is imbalanced. Ozil is surprisingly effective at staying wide, but him and Gotze still need overlapping full backs. The only way that front four is going to work against an organised defence is with the likes of Lahm and Grosskreutz (is Durm that sort of player?) making the penetrative runs.

Well, a nice reality check for Germany. I've had my money on Germany NOT to win, and I'm German. Nice gain.

The good thing is that Loew has to fix his line up. This back four and midfield won't win us the cup. It might be the same mess as in the last tournaments: We have the players to win it, but not the manager. I personally had fired Loew in that second when Jupp Heynckes became available.

Agreed with all of that. Lahm and Khedira have been especially poor, while the whole German attack is imbalanced. Ozil is surprisingly effective at staying wide, but him and Gotze still need overlapping full backs. The only way that front four is going to work against an organised defence is with the likes of Lahm and Grosskreutz (is Durm that sort of player?) making the penetrative runs.

Erik Durm is next to Lahm the strongest FB option in terms of offensive contribution. He is a former striker afterall.

Oh dear.

This apparently happened in the stands.

BqrsDSVCYAE3cNs.jpg

Just playing around with BBC Iplayer.. the passing move from 67-68 was the best in the tournament so far, the cross an inch lower and it's the best goal of the tournament. Ghana really should of scored another in that period after their second goal.

Come on Ghana ! They probably train by running from tigers in the African sun this should be easy !

When you thought about this, you actually decided it is funny, and then typed it out?

Interesting. I didn't know the human brain is capable of such spectacular failure.

Official site:

• PARTLY CLOUDY
  • 29° CTemperature
  • 19 m/sWind
  • 61 %Humidity

Btw Germany covered today a distance of 116km (Ghana 110km) while Brazil was under 100km in their last game and Chile had around 117km.
So Germany is a very fit team but today there was not enough organisation, too much open space which exposed the defence but it's kinda normal for Germany to have a bad 2nd group team, bit of a tradition. :o

Ghana have been the most impressive team in their group and have played two fantastic games yet only have a point to show for it. Their coach must be fuming.

Germany could end up facing Belgium next round ?

That could be a interesting game.

Erik Durm is next to Lahm the strongest FB option in terms of offensive contribution. He is a former striker afterall.
Would surely be a better option than Howedes then? Is Low still getting the criticism he was on here before the tournament? The team's ridiculously imbalanced, I fancy the French to knock you out in the QFs.

Not defending it but blackface isn't seen as an offensive thing in Germany, still a dumb thing to do.

They're not in Germany. A good idea would be to err on the side of caution when travelling around the world rather than going around offending people.

I got to say every team with the favorite tag has noticeable weakness that can be exploited by each other. No clear favorites in this tournament IMO. Anybody can win it at this point.

Great game this, I must say I had Germany down as finalists before this game but Ghana have showed they can be vulnerable at times.

Would surely be a better option than Howedes then? Is Low still getting the criticism he was on here before the tournament? The team's ridiculously imbalanced, I fancy the French to knock you out in the QFs.

Of course he is the better option. Put Lahm back where he is the best on the planet (RB), Durm on LB and two out of Hummels, Mertesacker and Boateng in the middle and we are way more balanced in the back.

Anyway, the German players are not used to play in such conditions and you could see it - the last 20 minutes they were done.
Hmmm, I don't agree with this perception. Germany was still playing much more for the win than Ghana. Ghana only defended and had a few counters. Dangerous counters, agreed. But since Ghana needed the win much more than Germany, I think Ghana was rather done than Germany.

Really impressed with the effort and discipline from Ghana. Held their own against one of the best teams in the world. Perhaps they were were over confident in their first game. What happened?

Would love to see them in the next round.

Lol yes it is, it doesn't matter if everyone in Germany does it, it's still racist.

Racism is defined by cultural norms. So, you are actually incorrect. It might be racist to you. That doesn't make it racist to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.