Day 10: Germany vs. Ghana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mueller going to be criticized for trying to win that header and going into a shoulder? Jones did the same thing and thats what he got.

When you aren't able to do umlaut O as it isn't on keyboard or whatever, you just add an e after the o.

umlaut a = ae
umlaut o = oe
umlaut u = ue

That way most people know what you're referring to, rather than using just a regular O.

Right thanks. Didn't know that, will bare that in mind.

34% of goals from the right , yeah really telling that Clarence. Almost exactly a third of the goals from one of the three parts of the pitch.

Reactions: Eboue
The germany back 4 were poor, Hummels and Mertesaker are so SLOW.

Would help, if they would not have been left alone so often. We have an defensive problem (for years now), but our CBs are not the problem here. Both were pretty much rock solid.

Ouch.

mullerf0jfs.gif

I still think Germany are in with a shout, this is the world cup, i don't expect them to walk over everyone.

Other than france, most top teams are finding it difficult.

Boateng as CB , Schweinsteiger for Khedira and Lahm back to RB next game please...Löw...

Both Lahm and Khedira has been shit today.

Great game to watch

Would help, if they would not have been left alone so often. We have an defensive problem (for years now), but our CBs are not the problem here. Both were pretty much rock solid.
Not really, if your center backs are slow then it restricts the midfielders and causes a massive problem if your team wants to push up coz it leaves a lot of space. They cant deal with any speed at all, so unless your gonna park the buss there pretty meh.

Ghana should have beaten USA, they are much superior. Too bad they become complacent during periods of the game. If not they could be a major threat.

Germans will choke later in the tournament as usual...or maybe against the USA :lol:

flipping infuriating.

Has anyone else noticed how below par Lahm has been? he plays like he isn't fully fit. Misplaces a ton of passes, often leading to goal scoring chances for the opposition. Aside from being caught out on the defensive side, his work on the attack isn't anything to boast about either. His control was all over the place, slowing down our moves and his final pass was lacking. Also what's with all the stupid flicks?

Hopefully he goes back to RB next match if Boating is injured and Bastian takes his place. He's been my disappointment of the tourney so far.

Ozil was my German MOTM. Had a good WC so far, shows that his supposed bad season at Arsenal was more down to his team-mates than him. We need to finish first in this group, if we don't the knock outs will be hell. Every WC winner has a bad game in the tournament, i guess this was ours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eboue
Does it really have to come to that? :nono:

Really?

Should be ashamed of those comments, Muller is a great man and a great player.
Just let it go, no point in arguing mate.

Great match, Ghana have so much energy in their team. Definitely the best African team for me and I reckon they would cause Portugal a lot of trouble too. Bastian looked good when he came on, would like him to start against the US. Also, the back 4 look incredibly slow and might suffer later on in the tournament. Play Durm, Löw!

Why do they sacrifice Lahm's ability as the best fullback in the league to put him in an already supremely talented central midfield? Their fullbacks aren't natural fullbacks, play him there for feck sake

Although Ghana played well, I'm pretty aLahmed at how may times Germanys defense was beaten so easily.

Yep lets leave Clarence Seedorf and Theirry Henry to get the deep expert insight from Danny Murphy.

Ghana should have beaten USA, they are much superior. Too bad they become complacent during periods of the game. If not they could be a major threat.
I agree. As one of their players said before tonight's game, if you take out the first and last 5 minutes, Ghana were the better team in between but unfortunately football is 90 minutes long.

Boateng as CB , Schweinsteiger for Khedira and Lahm back to RB next game please...Löw...

Both Lahm and Khedira has been shit today.

Great game to watch
Almost. But keep Khedira and play Scheinsteiger for Kroos. Kroos is a nice ball distributor, but has no real punch on offense.

flipping infuriating.

Has anyone else noyiced how below par Lahm has been? he plays like he isn't fully fit. Misplaces a ton of passes, often leading to goal scoring chances for the opposition. Aside from being caught out on the defensive side, his work on the attack isn't anything to boast about either. His control was all over the place, slowing down our moves and his final pass was lacking. Also what's with all the stupid flicks?

Hopefully he goes back to RB next match if Boating is injured and Bastian tackes his place. He's been my disappointment of the tourney so far.

Ozil was my Germa MOTM. Had a good WC so far, shows that his supposed bad season at Arsenal was more down to his team-mates than him. We need to finish first in this group, if we don't the knock outs will be hell. Every WC winner has a bad game in the tournament, i guess this was ours.

Ozil didn't have a poor season with us at all. It was a media narrative that simply wasn't true.

I don't think Germany have much to worry about. They got caught out for 15 minutes at which point they responded well and really could easily have won it. In a knock-out game, they'd have breezed through in extra time.

Another great game! Germany look very vunerable at back. I think Chile have looked the best team so far.

Almost. But keep Khedira and play Scheinsteiger for Kroos. Kroos is a nice ball distributor, but has no real punch on offense.

Just not true and Kroos also once again won a lot of tacklings today while Khedira didn't and also doesn't offer anythng going forward. If anyone is dropped its going to be Khedira.

Not really, if your center backs are slow then it restricts the midfielders and causes a massive problem if your team wants to push up coz it leaves a lot of space. They cant deal with any speed at all, so unless your gonna park the buss there pretty meh.

Hummels excells in a system for years with a higher defense line than pretty much any club in the world. It helps to have a pacy partner, but both Mertesacker and Hummels normally compensate that with their anticipation skills and positioning.

The problem here was the poor performance by Lahm as holding midfielder, which allowed the Africans to run with full speed towards the center defense making it incredibly hard to defend as CB and the lackluster "FB" for allowing way too much space for the opposing winger. Pace is way more important as full back than as center back.

Löw needs to sort it out as soon as possible.

flipping infuriating.

Has anyone else noyiced how below par Lahm has been? he plays like he isn't fully fit. Misplaces a ton of passes, often leading to goal scoring chances for the opposition. Aside from being caught out on the defensive side, his work on the attack isn't anything to boast about either. His control was all over the place, slowing down our moves and his final pass was lacking. Also what's with all the stupid flicks?

Hopefully he goes back to RB next match if Boating is injured and Bastian tackes his place. He's been my disappointment of the tourney so far.

Ozil was my Germa MOTM. Had a good WC so far, shows that his supposed bad season at Arsenal was more down to his team-mates than him. We need to finish first in this group, if we don't the knock outs will be hell. Every WC winner has a bad game in the tournament, i guess this was ours.
I think everybody has notice this. It was just too obvious how poor he played. I cannot remember having seen Lahm playing so bad. And I'm watching him for at least ten years now. TBH, in the Portugal match he wasn't good neither. Just not so obviously bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.