Davide Petrucci

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I still think Larnell Cole is the boy, and will end up as a very good centre midfielder.
True. Larnell could come out of nowhere and turn into a very good CM. I only recently found out this is what the club plans for him and I like the idea of it. His close control and ability to get out of tight situations is excellent. I'd like to see him play CM for reserves when he returns.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Always worth bearing in mind that it's not always the obvious players that make the breakthrough. For example, I don't think Cleverley would have been one of the first names mentioned as a future star when he was the same age as some of the players we're discussing here.

Someone who's come a bit out of leftfield to really impress me this season is Jesse Lindgard. He's such skinny (and let's be honest, a wee bit odd) looking fella it's easy to overlook him in threads like this. He's really come on this season though. Could surprise us all yet.

Will Absolute

Always worth bearing in mind that it's not always the obvious players that make the breakthrough. For example, I don't think Cleverley would have been one of the first names mentioned as a future star when he was the same age as some of the players we're discussing here.

Someone who's come a bit out of leftfield to really impress me this season is Jesse Lindgard. He's such skinny (and let's be honest, a wee bit odd) looking fella it's easy to overlook him in threads like this. He's really come on this season though. Could surprise us all yet.
Good pace and energy. Finishing very wayward though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Will be interesting to see if this could be Pettruci's opportunity now. With Pogba going, there could be a place on the bench up for grabs, and some first team chances. Pettruci seems most likely to be the one who benefits in the short term.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Do you feel settled in Manchester?
I love it. I really love it. It’s just the weather! I still don’t like the weather because I like the sunshine. I think if you had the Italian sunshine here, you would have the best part of the world. It’s not always sunny in Rome, but it’s definitely more sunny than here.
:lol: Nice interview, thanks for posting that.

Ole90+3

He says he's been injured for 3 years! That's a crazy amount of time to be out, but he seems very determined, and willing to do the hard work to make it at United.

Good to see Kiko being a nice chap and helping out his mate. He's one of the players I would absolutely love to make it here. Looking more and more unlikely unfortunately.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Our midfield talent is getting less amazing and less wealthy by the day. :D

At the present rate of attrition, in 5 weeks it'll be boring and poor.
Idiotic post. Morrison isn't turning out to be a great loss right now. Not guaranteed that Pogba is leaving, Petrucci looks like he wants to stay. Our best midfielders in this season at reserve level are Lingard and Larnell Cole and both looks like they'll stay.

I guess some people will only see the negatives though.

Will Absolute

Idiotic post. Morrison isn't turning out to be a great loss right now. Not guaranteed that Pogba is leaving, Petrucci looks like he wants to stay. Our best midfielders in this season at reserve level are Lingard and Larnell Cole and both looks like they'll stay.

I guess some people will only see the negatives though.
Issues with the concept of humourous hyperbole?

Or perhaps just humour :)

Clique

I know the following isn't a question that can be answered with a definitive. But still, for the want of a clear idea for those who follow but can't judge

Can he make it?
a. At United.
b. In the Premiership or equivalent? This considering the talent needed for making at an A list league is almost consistent without taking into effect the vagaries of pace and without going into the whole league vs league comparison.

Oh and Hi KM, long time no see.. PM me sometime.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I know the following isn't a question that can be answered with a definitive. But still, for the want of a clear idea for those who follow but can't judge

Can he make it?
a. At United.
b. In the Premiership or equivalent? This considering the talent needed for making at an A list league is almost consistent without taking into effect the vagaries of pace and without going into the whole league vs league comparison.

Oh and Hi KM, long time no see.. PM me sometime.
Can he make it in the Premiership or equivalent? It'd be very surprising if he doesn't. We've now turned him into a more rounded player that doesn't mind getting involved in all the blood and thunder of our game, which stands him in good stead.

Will he make it at United? He certainly could do. Lesser talented midfielders have made it here, but the problem is that we are always looking out for the very best players and he has a way to go if he's going to reach that level without us bringing in players already at that level. Ignoring that though, he could easily turn out to be a good squad player at the very least.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Whilst everyone has panicked over Pogba not signing Petrucci has quietly gone about his business and to my mind has been more impressive for the reserves, the funny thing is his contract is up this summer too. Hopefully we keep both of them but Petrucci definitely deserves a contract this summer.

Virtuoso

I like that he's gone from striker to deep lying midfielder in the last few years, although I can't think of any other player who has successfully done that.
Andrea Pirlo has done exactly that in the course of his career, tremendously successfully too.

However, Davide Petrucci is in no way a deep lying midfielder now. He either plays in a midfield two or as an attacking midfielder and most of his instincts are still all about going forward. He used to play in the Rooney role (off the main striker) but now has moved into more of an attacking midfield role.

I think in terms of talent he can definitely make it. However, whether that is for United or not is another question as sometimes the most talented youngsters do not get the opportunities because there may not be a need for a player of their type, position etc in the first team. I really hope he does make it here though, always been a big fan of his and think he has great talent and a really good attitude to go with it.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Was semi serious. Its yet to be proved that we can hold onto our developing talent this last while.
Welbeck, Cleverley, Evans and the Da Silvas?

Macheda too. Despite his recent struggles he was hot property at one point.

In fact the only developing talent we 'lost' so far (Pique, Rossi and Morrison) all left because they weren't in Fergie's plans so he let them move on.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

In fact the only developing talent we 'lost' so far (Pique, Rossi and Morrison) all left because they weren't in Fergie's plans so he let them move on.
Welbeck and Cleverly are english, no settling issues. Twins yes. Whats Machedas contract situation?

Not to mention they have all had a lot more first team experience than the likes of Pogba or Petrucci.

Will Absolute

The issue is whether we can retain our promising foreign youngsters. If we start losing English kids we're in truly deep shit. Morrison is probably an exceptional case.

Imo, the idea that we lost Rossi, Pique and Morrison because they weren't in Fergie's plans and he consented to them moving on, is just wishful thinking. He was extremely unhappy with Pique when he requested a move, and frequently talked about Rossi as 'the future of the club'. The club worked very hard to keep Morrison on the straight and narrow.

The only good foreign kids we've retained are the Da Silvas, and they were never part of our young system. Rafael was challenging for a first team place almost from the start.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Whilst everyone has panicked over Pogba not signing Petrucci has quietly gone about his business and to my mind has been more impressive for the reserves, the funny thing is his contract is up this summer too. Hopefully we keep both of them but Petrucci definitely deserves a contract this summer.
I've heard a new contract for 3 years is on the table for Petrucci.

And he'll go to a Championship club next season.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Could be working him up in a similar way to others. Loan him to a Championship club, loan him to a Premier League club and then start to give him more game time. It's often an effective way of doing things.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I've heard a new contract for 3 years is on the table for Petrucci.

And he'll go to a Championship club next season.
I hope you've heard right; I'd love to see him get his chance here in the first team when the time is right.