Davide Petrucci

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Done well tonight. My first time watching a game live this season with him playing since his comeback at end of last season, and my god he has grown and bulked up a nice bit. Not in the beast style of Pogba, but still he can now hold his own when on the ball. Hope he has an injury-free season, will do him the world of good.

Virtuoso

Yeah, it's great news for Petrucci and he really deserves it -

U-21 call for Man Utd starlet

Manchester United’s Davide Petrucci is among the new faces in the Italy Under-21 squad called up by Ciro Ferrara.

The Coach will hold a three-day training camp for the Azzurrini from January 16 to 18 in Rome.

It will include a friendly against Ischia Isolaverde on Wednesday.

Among the new faces in the side are Manchester United midfielder Petrucci and Vicenza starlet Davide Bariti.

More noted members include Roma striker Fabio Borini and Siena hitman Mattia Destro.
U-21 call for Man Utd starlet | www.football-italia.net

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Another step in the right direction. I'd love to see him get some cameos in the EL.

Cold_Boy

I still have high hopes for him watched a few times.

Classy little player.

Career ruined by injury so far obviously.

And nice to see him not making any moans or any focus on him in the media.

Sir A1ex

How's he been for the reserves since the last post in November?

He's 20 now, right? Time to be looking for involvement with the first team squad, even taking into account his injuries?

Dion

How's he been for the reserves since the last post in November?

He's 20 now, right? Time to be looking for involvement with the first team squad, even taking into account his injuries?
He's about 2 years behind where he should be because of injuries, I'd expect him to be blooded in next season. He's got quality, definitely worth preserving with.

Name Changed

weso26
Injuries have fecked him up. He's definitely behind in his development because of it. I still believe he is the best talent we've had in the youth ranks over the last few years, and that includes the likes of Ravel and Pogba. Petrucci has serious quality. I only hope the injuries haven't ruined it.

Longlivekeano

20 is still young. Remember that scholes, becks, gigs broke through at 22. Gigs, cesc, messi were freaks. Even Fletcher, Danny welbeck lost 1 year through injury but have broken through well

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
20 is still young. Remember that scholes, becks, gigs broke through at 22. Gigs, cesc, messi were freaks. Even Fletcher, Danny welbeck lost 1 year through injury but have broken through well
Gigs :lol:

Seriously hope this kid does something. I remember roma were fuming when we signed him. I'm guessing he would be a first team semi regular if not for injuries.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Why was he in the papers anyways? Are they trying to stir shit up about Petrucci now as well?

Name Changed

weso26
Have they nothing better to write about? If he only has 5 months left, I hope he is given a new contract.

Red Norse

Oh ffs have we tied any of our youngsters down?
Makes for good headlines, the press are as clueless about contract contents as we are.

Haven't seen the game yet, but delighted to hear his form is picking up. So unlucky with injuries, like Morrison he has the brain to really influence the game, injuries can't hamper that and he's so naturally talented, I just hope we loan him out sooner rather than later.

Decotron

Of al the youngster with contract "issues" hes the one Id expect to have been left like this. Given his injuries its understandable from the clubs point of view. That being said his form of late means a new contract should be sorted asap...

Name Changed

weso26
I'd be very surprised if he wasn't given a contract. He has looked excellent recently, and outshone Pogba in my opinion.

Cold_Boy

Petrucci is going to be class.:drool:

I know he had his injury problems but dont understand why he isn't talked about much?

lysglimt

Scout
I'd be very surprised if he wasn't given a contract. He has looked excellent recently, and outshone Pogba in my opinion.
Yes and no - he completely took charge of the game in the 2nd half - but by then Pogba wasn't on the pitch. Pogba was superb before the break

Virtuoso

Petrucci: I have no regrets. Grow up with Rio Ferdinand and Giggs

(Corriere dello Sport - R. Loria) - From St. Basil in Manchester up to the top of the national Under-21 passing for six years lived in the youth sector Trigoria.

A long and sometimes tortuous, but David Petrucci , captain of the reserve team of Manchester United, back in those days in Rome to answer the first call in Under 21 by Ciro Ferrara, do not look back. His gaze is firmly on the objectives it has set itself: to convince Alex Ferguson to give him a chance with Manchester United and convincing Ferrara to put it in his group on a permanent blue.

THANKS - A good first step to achieving this second goal, Petrucci did yesterday, in the friendly against the Ischia Isolaverde. In the national team has also found a couple of former teammates in the youth field and red and yellow as Florenzi Crescenzi. " I am happy to have them recovered. If we are many here come from Trigoria is a sign that Rome is one of the best areas of the youth of Italy " . Born and raised (even football) in San Basilio Petrucci to 10 years in Trigoria came to stay for six seasons. [...] Lots and sufficient to ensure that his move to Manchester four years ago, caused a sensation and even some controversy.

ADVENTURE - The Rome offered him a contract at the minimum wage and do not raise when an offer came from Manchester, 120 thousand euros per season for three years. Petrucci decided to leave for England . At Rome the prize was established by FIFA to prepare and secure feeling of having lost a talent. "I have no regrets. Manchester for me it was a great opportunity and I have wanted to play. I'm in one of three or four most important companies in the world and my goal is to start and play with the shirt of Manchester United. "

CAPTAIN - Thinking about the first team while Petrucci is growing thanks to the advice of many samples. "I have a great relationship with Rio Ferdinand and another player who always gave me a hand is Giggs. This year I trained for six months, Scholes and I learned a lot from him too. " Yet the adventure in Manchester has not been all downhill. "The first six months have been great. I was also inserted in the Champions League list. Then I had a serious injury that forced me to sit still nearly two years. I worked hard to return and Manchester decided to send the U.S. to make a specific athletic work with Michael Johnson " . From then return to the field, the captain of the reserve team and the renewed attention of Ferguson and Ferrara. Because the road from St. Basil in Manchester was long, but the most important steps are still to be made.
Petrucci: Non ho rimpianti. Cresco con Rio Ferdinand e Giggs e voglio sfondare

Interesting article (translated from Italian) that I've just came across from about a week and a half ago. Good quotes from Davide Petrucci, he seems to be very level-headed and great to see that he has been interacting with some of the senior players too - especially Scholes who would be the perfect role model for him.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
So what's the next step for him?

He looks really talented in the reserves this season. Loan next season the best option? I think he's too good for another season of reserve football.

Decotron

A loan move for him would really need to be the right fit. His style of play could get killed in the wrong team, Welbeck at Preston springs to mind. Id like to see him given a chance in the first team before a loan is considered....

twitter thread suggester
As great as it is to see him back to his best, I can't help being bitter over where he could have been today if it hadn't been for the injuries.

Some of his through lobbed passes last night were ridiculous. He would be brilliant for someone like Javier Hernandez.

68-99-08

Maybe he could be the answer to cushion the blow of losing you-know-who... another creative number 10!

Out of interest, how do people compare him with Magnus Eikrem? They are two players who came through with a great deal of technical ability and struggled with various setbacks along the way. Eikrem never really got his chance in the end, I hope the same doesn't happen with Petrucci.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Petrucci is physically stronger and better defensively.

Cold_Boy

Maybe he could be the answer to cushion the blow of losing you-know-who... another creative number 10!

Out of interest, how do people compare him with Magnus Eikrem? They are two players who came through with a great deal of technical ability and struggled with various setbacks along the way. Eikrem never really got his chance in the end, I hope the same doesn't happen with Petrucci.
I rated Eikrem a bit but imo if Petrucci hadn't got injured for so long he would have been miles ahead.

I believe Petrucci will make it at United.

I hope so at least.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Still quite raw when taking on his man but i'm very happy to see him putting himself about abit - especially considering his injury problems. He's obviously strong mentally and hungry to evolve as a player. If he stays fit, you'd think he'll get some cup games and we'll get a better idea then

Decotron

Still quite raw when taking on his man but i'm very happy to see him putting himself about abit - especially considering his injury problems. He's obviously strong mentally and hungry to evolve as a player. If he stays fit, you'd think he'll get some cup games and we'll get a better idea then
Not exactly that type of player though is he?

RyanGoggs

He's one of those I WANT to make it after all the hype and the misfortune he has suffered with injuries. Despite that he probably only has 18 months to prove his worth before he goes looking for regular football elsewhere.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Not exactly that type of player though is he?
depends, but it's not like he don't try now and then. Before this season, he wouldn't have been noted for his tackling. I would hope there's much more to come from him. As good as he is at the minute, he's not knocking on the door just yet.

RyanGoggs

depends, but it's not like he don't try now and then. Before this season, he wouldn't have been noted for his tackling. I would hope there's much more to come from him. As good as he is at the minute, he's not knocking on the door just yet.
The fact that he is practising hard on tackling shows that he has a good mentality towards getting into the first team. It is pretty obvious that central mid is the position where there are opportunities so adding a good defensive game to his repertoire will aid him in standing a chance at making it. Very good ball player too.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury

I loved Eikrem :-( I still tweet him telling him so. So many false dawns with Eikrem, would have loved for him to have got his chance here.

PS18

Mags had plenty of technical ability, don't think that's where he fell short.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I think Eikrem suffered for his physical attributes and didn't really have the technique to make up for what he lacked physically.
So far off the mark, his technique was a joy to watch.

I remember in the game against Bolton at the start of last season where we won 4-1 I think. He absolutely ran the show, could pick a man out with a long pass with ease, his set pieces were just as impressive.