David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

God, they really really want him to do well don't they!?

I don't have a problem with Moyes (although I get why folks do - I suspect he's one of the awkward people who can't quite say what he means in front of the camera). He's not a world beater but he knows the job and I can see why West Ham risked it.. It's a nightmarish time to take over though - they need a win at Everton or they could be adrift come the new year...and then the crowds will turn, the players will give up, and they'll be going down.

If you think that is why he is hated on here, then you don't know what you are talking about.

A simple venture into the Sunderland forum for example would show you why exactly fans of both teams detest him.
Hated? You actually hate him? That's such a waste of spiritual energy. He was a poor appointment at Utd and is leading a somewhat charmed and deluded life getting passed from top job to job. But how anyone can get worked up to a level of negative feeling toward David Moyes beyond indifference is a mystery to me and to those beholden to me.

I’d like to think we will all be moysie fans for those games?

Would like him to do well against those teams obviously but knowing his attitude and past record against top teams he'll get rolled over and blame his players and Manchester United for some bizarre reason.

Hated? You actually hate him? That's such a waste of spiritual energy. He was a poor appointment at Utd and is leading a somewhat charmed and deluded life getting passed from top job to job. But how anyone can get worked up to a level of negative feeling toward David Moyes beyond indifference is a mystery to me and to those beholden to me.
I just find him deplorable from a personal level. It has nothing to do with results either.

It's the fact that he throws everyone else under the bus to save his own skin. Hell, he even did that to Sir Alex.

I don't like that characteristic in people generally. Taking responsibility instead of shifting blame is just a virtue I hold dearly.

But at times you do feel pity for his plight. Then he goes and opens his mouth.

I just find him deplorable from a personal level. It has nothing to do with results either.

It's the fact that he throws everyone else under the bus to save his own skin. Hell, he even did that to Sir Alex.

I don't like that characteristic in people generally. Taking responsibility instead of shifting blame is just a virtue I hold dearly.

But at times you do feel pity for his plight. Then he goes and opens his mouth.

With K2K on this. Detest the man.

"Small margins"

With K2K on this. Detest the man.

"Small margins"
:lol: He did come out with some classics. Speaking about himself in the third person always does it for me, so transparently in a parallel universe. But I marvel at how anyone still buys into him. But for me it doesn't translate to detesting anyone.

Some of those are hilariously bad.

This is apparently Andres Iniesta

iniestadouble.jpg

This is without a doubt my last post in this subject let me just make it clear I never supported David Moyes I agree that the job was way to big for him and he failed miserabky but when I read posts like this it's just ridiculous ...
Slagging him off because he brought his own team with him !!! Name me one single manager that doesn't do that every time they get a new job let's at least keep the argument sensible !!

But there's a massive difference which you have overlooked.
Most new managers bring in their own guys, because the previous manager and his team had failed, hence his sacking.
Moyes came in at United to replace the retired Fergie. He and his backroom team had just won the PL by 11 points, so most certainly hadn't failed.
It was lunacy to ignore Fergie's advice and sack the most successful backroom team in the league and replace them with a team who hadn't won anything. The Moyes regime took United down from 1st to an all time PL low of 7th place, proof of how this move failed.

He's so smug. Asked about work rate and commitment, he replies with a grin: "Don't you think that should be a given with all players?"

Yes, we do. But you can praise the players for it. Say they've responded positively to your training and are taking your ideas on board. Not act like they've been lazy twats until you arrived (the stats agree that they haven't been covering as much ground as other teams, but you don't have to throw them under the bus for it).

He's just going to do the same thing as he does everywhere else: lower expectations, blame the players, claim that he didn't get enough time, then waltz off to another club with a big pay off.

Can you fecking believe this guy?? He's advised Unsworth to manage a club in the lower leagues and earn his stripes.

Of course, that would be the right way to go but this coming from a guy who took Sunderland down then bailed at the first opportunity and thinks he should be managing a big club despite his repeated failings at his last three clubs.

He really is a deluded fecker!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/27/david-moyes-david-unsworth-west-ham-everton

Can you fecking believe this guy?? He's advised Unsworth to manage a club in the lower leagues and earn his stripes.

Of course, that would be the right way to go but this coming from a guy who took Sunderland down then bailed at the first opportunity and thinks he should be managing a big club despite his repeated failings at his last three clubs.

He really is a deluded fecker!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/27/david-moyes-david-unsworth-west-ham-everton

That one big point he earned against Leicester has gone to his head.

The bloke's a bellend and I think it's fair to say that it's one of the very few things City and United fans can agree on. I don't mind West Ham and with Hart and moreso Zabaleta being there, it would be good to see them do well. Unfortunately, Gollum negates things a fair bit.

What I wouldn't do to see a 5-0 Everton win tomorrow.

British and hard working..

British, Yes!
Hard working?

When Moyes arrived at United, he was clueless as to what needed to be done to tweak the squad, because he had not done his homework beforehand.
When he joined Sociedad he committed the same error, he hadn't done his homework before hand.
As a result, he couldn't communicate with his players and he didn't know what the squad needed, consequently making poor signings and gaining 9 points from a possible 33.

Then came Sunderland, and you'd think he'd have learned from previous mistakes....but no!!
Our David says he wouldn't do anything differently if he had his time again at United or Sociedad, and then admits "I didn't do my due diligence before joining Sunderland, I made a poor choice"
From his comments along the lines of, "I didn't realise there were problems at West Ham", it seems the trend continues...

This buffoon is paid millions of pounds a year but is shoddy and unprofessional, he is a relic, a dinosaur, and is always quick to blame the club, the board, the players and the supporters. It's never David's fault despite not putting the homework in...!!

I can see Moyes finally stepping up for United and holding City to a 0-0 the weekend
Then I remember he's a walking disaster and City will spank them 6-0

What I wouldn't do to see a 5-0 Everton win tomorrow.
Especially after the manner he patronised Unsworth, it'd be glorious. Then City gets 2 men sent off in the 1st half and Kompany scores an own goal in the 90th minute of the Emptihad game to draw 1-1.. Let us break the winning streak, can't hope for a Moyes victory in any game - even against City. He'd milk it in the media for the next decade.

Last edited:
British, Yes!
Hard working?

When Moyes arrived at United, he was clueless as to what needed to be done to tweak the squad, because he had not done his homework beforehand.
When he joined Sociedad he committed the same error, he hadn't done his homework before hand.
As a result, he couldn't communicate with his players and he didn't know what the squad needed, consequently making poor signings and gaining 9 points from a possible 33.

Then came Sunderland, and you'd think he'd have learned from previous mistakes....but no!!
Our David says he wouldn't do anything differently if he had his time again at United or Sociedad, and then admits "I didn't do my due diligence before joining Sunderland, I made a poor choice"
From his comments along the lines of, "I didn't realise there were problems at West Ham", it seems the trend continues...

This buffoon is paid millions of pounds a year but is shoddy and unprofessional, he is a relic, a dinosaur, and is always quick to blame the club, the board, the players and the supporters. It's never David's fault despite not putting the homework in...!!
I was only being sarcastic.

Especially after the manner he patronised Unsworth, it'd be glorious. Then City gets 2 men sent off in the 1st half and Kompany scores an own goal in the 90th minute of the Emptihad game to draw 1-1.. Let us break the winning streak, can't hope for a Moyes victory in any game - even against City. He'd milk it in the media for the next decade.

Yeah just like his Real Sociedad victory over Barcelona.

While that may be true, it doesn’t really make him look any better at all. If anything it just shows that he was never that good in the first place.

Is his only real achievement that fourth place finish?

While that may be true, it doesn’t really make him look any better at all. If anything it just shows that he was never that good in the first place.

Is his only real achievement that fourth place finish?
And even there he had a way worse season than Martinez's first, oh and also he sort of negated all of that when failing to beat Villarreal in the CL playoffs. Of course, I'm not saying he was bad at Everton, quite the opposite really, but still.

Considering Everton competed for feck all bar an FA Cup final appearance, not sure what they would have missed without Moyes. Almost qualifying for the CL? Whoopee. Don’t get me wrong - he did a ‘solid’ job but it was fecking unremarkable.

Considering Everton competed for feck all bar an FA Cup final appearance, not sure what they would have missed without Moyes. Almost qualifying for the CL? Whoopee. Don’t get me wrong - he did a ‘solid’ job but it was fecking unremarkable.
that's the thing, he talks like he built an empire there

Don't know why some of you are so fixated with him. You are taking a page straight out of Moyes book by not letting it go.

I personally never felt such dislike for him. It's hard to dislike if someone is trying but is not good enough. Good luck to him at West Ham.
I think his comments after he left have turned a lot of our fans against him.