David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

No-one doubts that, but it happened once, 13 years ago @buchansleftleg.

That was a time without the huge bucks of today, there was only three top teams and Big Sam finished 6th with Bolton that same season, just 3 points behind Everton who had 61 points :eek:. The following season, Blackburn bloody Rovers accrued 2 more points (63) and finished 6th.

And this is a beauty of a stat, in Moyes' best ever season, that 4th place finish, his side's goal difference was -1 :lol:

Now that is some food for thought.
You are quite right - i had not counted on it being a "crap year" that happens from time to time!

For sure, but looking at where they were afterwards doesn't tell the whole story. And only moving a team up a few places isn't so bad when a team is in 15th. Confidence matters a lot so it can be hard to turn things when a club is in a bad place. Look at Chelsea in Mourinho's final season. They only finished 10th after their disastrous start and that's with a team of champions. Sociedad should have kicked on the next season but my point was that it doesn't 'say it all.'

They finished well above where Moyes finished the season before and they finished well above after he left, despite him leaving them in worse position than they were in when he joined, yet you are somehow trying to convince us that 'looking at them before he joined' actually changed the picture. He did a bad job there and was well below par. Just to clarify:

2012-13: 4th
2013-14: 7th
2014-15: Sociedad are 15th, Moyes joins on 10th November, they finish 12th
2015-16: Moyes leaves when they are in 16th place on 9th November, they go on to finish 9th
2016-17: 7th

They were much better before he joined and after he left, that really does tell you the whole story you need to know.

Oh yes, but you already mentioned that it was hard for great Dave to turn things around. This guy just has it all so hard - the previous manager had it easy, the manager after him had it easy but Dave, he had it so, so hard.

I do wonder is there a sunken cost fallacy on show with some people defending Moyes. Including his pals in the press.

Some people just can't accept that he's probably not a very good manager at all after years of building him up as one of the best British coaches out there.

Yeah it also contradicts a lot of other stories about how everyone wanted Moyes. Though there were reports about saf meeting pep in ny and he was always an admirer of Jose etc.
Saf rated Moyes work since his time at Preston. In fact I recall he made an offer to take him as his number 2, which Moyes rejected

"Say hello to my little friend."
David+Moyes+Jimmy+Lumsden+Manchester+United+GMqF1WocZU2l.jpg

Can you imagine the players, losing SAF and all the staff that made the club a success over the years to be replaced by this fecking bunch....it should have been set in stone that the old staff stay, if he didn’t like it he could have stayed at fecking Everton.

That picture is infuriating.

I never cease to be surprised at the level of Vitriol that the name David Moyes inspires on the cafe . It is beyond ridiculous we've had 2 managers since then one lunatic even worse than him and now the mighty Jose .

However we may feel about him he was still manager of the biggest club in the world for a short spell so give the guy a break , last time something like this happened it was Wilf McGuinness struggling in the footsteps of Sir Matt as in Moyes it proved to be too big for him but you can't blame either guy for taking the chance .

Wilf is still remembered with affection ( and his son Paul also did a great job also with us for many years ) .
So for gods sake guys leave the man alone and I may be in the minority but I hope he keeps West Ham up and turns his career around

I never cease to be surprised at the level of Vitriol that the name David Moyes inspires on the cafe . It is beyond ridiculous we've had 2 managers since then one lunatic even worse than him and now the mighty Jose .

However we may feel about him he was still manager of the biggest club in the world for a short spell so give the guy a break , last time something like this happened it was Wilf McGuinness struggling in the footsteps of Sir Matt as in Moyes it proved to be too big for him but you can't blame either guy for taking the chance .

Wilf is still remembered with affection ( and his son Paul also did a great job also with us for many years ) .
So for gods sake guys leave the man alone and I may be in the minority but I hope he keeps West Ham up and turns his career around

I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy.

I tell a lie, West Ham deserve him. I hope they go down and will enjoy watching the misery their lovely jubbly fans will endure.

@Sarni
I didn't buy into it, it's my very own opinion.

Doing poorly at United doesn't make a difference to me, I just write it off as the job being too big for him. Sunderland is Sunderland (I dare you to contradict me on that) and Sociedad should not be used as a barometer for how he does in English football.
Bold challenge that. I don't think anyone can dispute that statement :lol:

Go hand yourself into a mental hospital.

Didn't he claim that he didn't do his 'due diligence' when taking over Sunderland? Sounds like he just doesn't like doing his homework.

In contention for perhaps the most delusional manager in the world - article also quotes him as saying that Carroll needs to be protected by refs....

Ha ha ha ha
Had a feeling it might get a response so predictable wish super 6 was as easy to predict !!

I actually agree with you, Moyes was just shit, old pan face was fecking mental, he thought he knew better than the whole of football ffs.

Anyway, back to Golem the cnut!

From SKY: The former Everton and Manchester United manager has also admitted he will not shy away from making his players aware if they are not reaching the heights he expects from them.

"I think players need to be told," he added. "I've told the players here, if you're not doing it, I'm going to tell you.

"I did also tell them that when I stop shouting, you know you've got a problem. If I stop shouting at you, you know I've given up on you."

Does he know anything? Evertime he enters a job you just hear he wasn't aware of that and didn't know this. At United he didn't realize that a lot of work was to do, he wasn't prepared for Spain at all and was shocked that Sunderland is a bit of a mess and that he can't spend a lot there. I really don't know why the smaller PL clubs still give jobs to this clowns and not looking for young, upcoming managers who might inspire the players.
When you read about Graham Potter talking about Europe and titles when he is still just promoted or in the second swedish division, that's what you want to hear from your manager. Even if you have the worst team in the world, you have to act like you haven't and motivate the players. Moyes getting trashed and then saying sth like "I expected sth like this." is embarassing and will be the reason why he drags them down and no wy should West Ham go down with their squad.

From SKY: The former Everton and Manchester United manager has also admitted he will not shy away from making his players aware if they are not reaching the heights he expects from them.

"I think players need to be told," he added. "I've told the players here, if you're not doing it, I'm going to tell you.

"I did also tell them that when I stop shouting, you know you've got a problem. If I stop shouting at you, you know I've given up on you."

These quotes are exactly the reason he keeps failing. An actual talented coach/manager would have confidence that his coaching and system of play would be the thing to turn it around, but for Moyes, it's always the players. Would fecking hate playing for him, total twat.

DPVc7m1W4AAQwYD.jpg

"You're just getting a wee bit naughty at the end there. So just watch yourself or you might get a get a slap even though you're a woman."

I can't stand the sight of this fecking clown and I cannot believe that he was our manager! However, he still gives me some form entertainment seeing the useless, arrogant fecker fail miserably.

That quotes sound like from a cartoon where the sidekick talks about the hero while out of earshot. "He gives me tough love, but as long as he scolds me I know he believes in me!"
Sidekick Moyes meanwhile is trying to convince everyone and himself that he is in fact the protagonist of the story.

Jesus, what sort of manager would walk into a new job and start talking about how he gives up on players?

Jesus, what sort of manager would walk into a new job and start talking about how he gives up on players?

It's all part of the continuing narrative Moyes spins these days, from day one he places all responsibility on the players so when they eventually fail Moyes had nothing to do with it. If he repeats it often enough some gullible people believe him. Look at this thread theres one or two who basically just parrot the shit he's been spewing the last few weeks.

I think somewhere deep down Moyes knows he's been found out at the top level and he's just trying to pocket as much money as he can from naive PL chairmen before everyone finally realizes he's just not a good football manager.

I can't stand the sight of this fecking clown and I cannot believe that he was our manager! However, he still gives me some form entertainment seeing the useless, arrogant fecker fail miserably.

^^Ditto^^

Idk, I might be the only one, but I weirdly want him to do well there. Maybe it’s because I like west ham (even though I despise their owners) or just because I want Moyes to remain in the game lol. Just too many fond memories of him at United for me haha.

Different chat ultimately but a bit similar to Clough telling Leeds players they were cheating, dirty bastards from day one. At least Clough had won a fecking league title to somewhat explain the ego. I’m sure they’re (West Ham players) more concerned about keeping their PL salaries than pleasing his Golem looking arse.

Couple of papers carrying the same article with literally the same words about Moyes giving Carroll a dressing down after the Watford loss and how the squad is impressed by his "hard work" and "hands-on approach" despite the loss.

Clear that he's been feeding the media through his buddies again. The "hard work" reference gives it away, the words are practically his copyright.