David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

He is now talking all about he did at Everton. He brushed his time at United under the carpet and says his time at Sociedad as a success. He says no one could have saved Sunderland.

Success for his Accountant and Bank Manager maybe, how does one consider being sacked after less than a year as a success? It's also important and rather funny to note that since he left Sociedad they've been competing for European Football as opposed to the Segunda on the day he left.

I think a lot of people has been waiting for this. LOL. How can Fergie be so idiotic that he thought Moyes was the man?
I swear Moyes didnt say ths much rubbish when he was at Everton. I think Utd just mentally broke him - bit of a lunatic now.

Last edited:
David Moyes.....can't even get a dead cat to bounce! - you just know he was banking on a win against Watford as some money in the bank before he goes into the next few harder games. I have revised my opinion - He may not make 3 Months in the job!

I said it further up the thread, he hasnt got a chance of getting a point until the WBA game on the 2nd of january.

He might not make it until this christmas.

Actually, he said a bit, was always making excuses even before a ball was kicked. That's why a lot of Everton fans were happy to see the back of the dour twat.

Think he gets a lot of hate these days. He had Everton playing quite well and they were very consistent during his reign. Look at the state of Everton at the moment, one good year, sack the manager and then repeat.

Think he gets a lot of hate these days. He had Everton playing quite well and they were very consistent during his reign. Look at the state of Everton at the moment, one good year, sack the manager and then repeat.

I think Everton are making a mistake though and firing too soon, consistency comes with giving mangers time @Di Maria's angel. I mean look at Moyes start at Everton:

Full Season 1: 7th
Full Season 2: 17th (with 39 points, the lowest total in the club's history)

You think Moyes would survive now at Everton with that start?

I think Everton are making a mistake though and firing too soon, consistency comes with giving mangers time @Di Maria's angel. I mean look at Moyes start at Everton:

Full Season 1: 7th
Full Season 2: 17th (with 39 points, the lowest total in the club's history)

You think Moyes would survive now at Everton with that start?

They finished 16th and 15th in the two seasons before he joined them, so 17th was hardly a disaster. If the same four seasons were to occur in this day and age i.e. 16th, 15th then he joins and has them finish 7th and then 17th, you'd think some leeway would be deserved, but 2017 logic would dictate that he'd be burned alive. To answer your question, no he wouldn't survive.

That's some achievement.
He is absolutely intent on breaking every negative record available.

What on Earth was SAF thinking when he hired this guy. He shouldn't have even made the shortlist, let along been hired.
Dreadful manager. Consistently bad. Unable to last more than a season at any club he joins.

Success for his Accountant and Bank Manager maybe, how does one consider being sacked after less than a year as a success? It's also important and rather funny to note that since he left Sociedad they've been competing for European Football as opposed to the Segunda on the day he left.
That's Moyes for you. Delusions of grandeur. Still rates himself to be a CL level manager. I wish I was joking.

What is most strange about him is that he learns absolutely nothing on his 'journey' through management. It seems as though he hasn't a reflective bone in his body because he plods from club to club with the exact same narrative and complete and utter state of delusion - to the point you can copy and paste his response from 2,3,4 or 5 yrs ago and have them match almost word for word.

It shows gross negligence on the side of West Ham to employ him. He's exactly the opposite of a manager you look at to keep a club up. His dour, deflective, blame-the-players-first approach will bring a cloud of gloom, which will invariably drown the team and the fanbase in negativity and it won't be a surprise when the players down tools and stop playing for him.

You would think there would at least be a clause written his contract that his severance package is reliant on him meeting certain targets otherwise he doesn't get a massive pay off to go away. It's scandalous that he can go from club to club, making himself richer by millions, for literally being inept at his job. He's like some kind scam artist at this point.

I think that all stems from his complete unwillingness to accept responsibility for his failures. In his mind he probably puts the failures at United, Sociedad and Sunderland down to other people and/or circumstances. So he thinks he did everything correctly and his methods are sound because they worked at Everton years ago and others failed him in his last 3 jobs.

I mean look at his quote about the United job, when asked if he would do anything differently if he was able to go back in time and try again, he said no. Which is amazing when you think about it. If you had a 2nd chance at anything you failed at the first time anyone with half a brain would try a different approach. Even young children and animals learn how to solve problems and learn by trying to figure out new ways to do things.

Even one of the all time great managers like Ferguson was adapting and changing his methods right up until his retirement. Moyes is a dinosaur that football just seems to have passed by.

West Ham have a squad that should be doing better than they are, to me it clearly looks like the squad needs motivation and if that's the case... Why bring Moyes to suck the last drop of motivation from the squad? Their board went insane when they appointed him.

Whatever disease afflicted the MUFC board to hire Moyes, has also taken hold of the WHU board.
When he was hired, I did say that board of WHU should resign as this is tantamount to gross negligence.

That's some achievement.
He is absolutely intent on breaking every negative record available.

What on Earth was SAF thinking when he hired this guy. He shouldn't have even made the shortlist, let along been hired.
Dreadful manager. Consistently bad. Unable to last more than a season at any club he joins.
If you believe SAF (after the fact of course!), Moyes was actually down to 5th - 7th on the list :lol:

But I think that might have just been SAF trying to save face.

I think he might just keep the Hammers up but will then be sacked due to fans refusing to renew season tickets. Those fans in East London can be quite demanding and after all they got Big Sam to move on.

"After 11 largely successful years at Everton when they consistently punched above their weight, Moyes still has plenty of credit in the bank"

Where does this codswallop actually come from? Its a myth..!
For the first 6 years they were up and down the table like a yo-yo, until they finally gained consistency and regularly finished around the top 6/8.
But my view is that THIS is precisely where Everton should be expected to finish, so I just cannot see how anyone can say
"they consistently punched above their weight" they just didn't, full stop.

For Everton to have been punching above their weight, they should have been getting in amongst United, Arsenal & Chelsea, but they never did.
They should have been reaching Cup Finals on a regular basis, but they never did.
So on what basis exactly did "they consistently punched above their weight"..

Ha ha! To think this guy managed us. Just wow. I remember in the early days saying that he’ll do better as he was supposedly the chosen one. I have never been so wrong on anything in my life. I have truly grown to dislike him. Zero humility and pure lack of accountibilty - that’s what I will always associate with him.

When he was first announced, I thought it was some kind of joke and the Jose was going to be announced imminently.
Then I saw Moyes in the newspapers and on BBC and I was in shock.
We had hired a man who was not capable of managing a big club.
As time progressed, it became evident that I was right and it took us more than 3 years, to finally get Jose.

IMO, Moyes was the one responsible for setting us back at least 3 years. Had Jose come on board immediately after SAF, I think we'd have won at least 1 league title, if not more, since.

I know it's irrational, but Moyes deserves all the hatred he gets on these forums.

I mean look at his quote about the United job, when asked if he would do anything differently if he was able to go back in time and try again, he said no. Which is amazing when you think about it. If you had a 2nd chance at anything you failed at the first time anyone with half a brain would try a different approach. Even young children and animals learn how to solve problems and learn by trying to figure out new ways to do things.
If you talk to anyone successful, they say they'd go back and change things about their successes, let alone their failures. Because they're always thinking about how they could do better. Gary Neville did a poor job at Valencia, decided management wasn't for him, and made it quite clear if he could go back he'd do things completely differently. Moyes has failed at United, Sociedad and Sunderland and yet doesn't think he needs to change an iota :rolleyes:.

I mean look at his quote about the United job, when asked if he would do anything differently if he was able to go back in time and try again, he said no. Which is amazing when you think about it. If you had a 2nd chance at anything you failed at the first time anyone with half a brain would try a different approach
But Moyes does not believe he failed at Utd. He thinks that Utd failed him, by not honouring the 6 year contract and that 6 years he needed to make Utd great again.

"After 11 largely successful years at Everton when they consistently punched above their weight, Moyes still has plenty of credit in the bank"

Where does this codswallop actually come from? Its a myth..!
For the first 6 years they were up and down the table like a yo-yo, until they finally gained consistency and regularly finished around the top 6/8.
But my view is that THIS is precisely where Everton should be expected to finish, so I just cannot see how anyone can say
"they consistently punched above their weight" they just didn't, full stop.

For Everton to have been punching above their weight, they should have been getting in amongst United, Arsenal & Chelsea, but they never did.
They should have been reaching Cup Finals on a regular basis, but they never did.
So on what basis exactly did "they consistently punched above their weight"..

You wouldnt think that he had taken over a club that had won the league (twice) in the late 80s and an FA cup as recently as 1995.

Everton are a big club, they have always had a decent turnover, and have always had a decent sized wage bill, during Moyes time they maanged to spend the 7th or 8th highest wage bill in the country on one of the smallest squads and had absolutely nothing to show for it.

He made no serious attempt to win a trophy during his time at Everton, and basically threw the towel in at every challenge.

Imagine Moyes as a manager + Guys from AFTV. Now that's some real entertainment!

not much has changed. he is so ineffectual. no sign of hernandez (was he injured or does moyes still not like picking a proved goalscorer?)

Their fixture list until the end of the year is horrible. Only see them having the possibility of picking up points in 3 of the next 9 league games and no chance against arsenal in the league cup. Honestly a lot of the blame has to be put on the board. They were losing the games they had to be picking up points in and decided to wait too long. Can see them sacking Moyes in January and while not saying he is a qualified manager, but how many managers could pick up many points with this West Ham team in these next 10 games.
Leicester City
Everton
Manchester City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Stoke
Arsenal (league cup)
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Tottenham

Moyes seems to think he's some kind of globetrotting megastar these days. Like West Ham should be happy to have a former Man Utd manager AND someone who managed abroad.

The problem is he's shit now.

But Moyes does not believe he failed at Utd. He thinks that Utd failed him, by not honouring the 6 year contract and that 6 years he needed to make Utd great again.

Well yeah exactly he thinks everything he did was correct and he just wasn't given enough time for his methods to work.

He's deluded of course.

When he was first announced, I thought it was some kind of joke and the Jose was going to be announced imminently.
Then I saw Moyes in the newspapers and on BBC and I was in shock.
We had hired a man who was not capable of managing a big club.
As time progressed, it became evident that I was right and it took us more than 3 years, to finally get Jose.

IMO, Moyes was the one responsible for setting us back at least 3 years. Had Jose come on board immediately after SAF, I think we'd have won at least 1 league title, if not more, since.

I know it's irrational, but Moyes deserves all the hatred he gets on these forums.

Good for you! I wish I had seen through him sooner. Although you probably suffered for much longer than some others including myself did! I guess the only silver lining of sorts here is that we as a club learnt some lessons and don’t repeat the same disaster again.

Some of us saw through him the first few matches. I guess a lot supported him out of respect for SAF. For the life of me I still cannot understand how a successful man like Sir Alex can appoint a man like Moyes?
He goes to lecture at Universities etc. Someone should ask him to explain in detail the appointment of David Moyes as Manager of Manchester United.
Thesis should be written about this by students of management. I mean seriously this must be classed as one of the biggest management blunders of recent history in any management.

They might as well play 5-3-2 IMO and concentrate on trying to be compact defensively and just lump crosses in from Antonio and Cresswell from FB towards Carroll, proper Moyes-style football that.

Hernandez alongside him for flick-ons, Lanzini in behind with the freedom to roam on the odd occasion they might actually manage to get the ball up around the final third on the floor, the two big lads Kouyate and Obiang holding the midfield. Oh and drop Hart.

Won't be pretty but they might survive like that. Then they can have a summer clear-out and change their transfer policy and stop being shit past-prime cast-offs from other PL teams (Hart, Zabaleta) and over-priced patchy 'form' players from bottom half clubs (Arnautovic, Ayew).

Big Sam played that kind of football and they survived and he stabilized the team but WestHam fans do not accept it. So if they hounded out Big Sam, imagine what they would do to Moyes? Big Sam can talk the talk and walk the walk. Moyes cannot even do the talk let alone the walk.
I have never seen a more demoralizing site than Moyes giving an interview or speaking.

Big Sam played that kind of football and they survived and he stabilized the team but WestHam fans do not accept it. So if they hounded out Big Sam, imagine what they would do to Moyes? Big Sam can talk the talk and walk the walk. Moyes cannot even do the talk let alone the walk.
I have never seen a more demoralizing site than Moyes giving an interview or speaking.

Oh no doubt, I think best case scenario West Ham fans can hope for though is to bite the bullet in terms of entertainment and performances for the rest of the season though, accept shite but simple route-one football and hope to stay up, and then for Moyes to be fecked off and them appoint someone decent and rebuild with a better transfer policy.

Obviously none of that is likely to happen though, for starters if Moyes did keep them up the Dildo brothers would keep him on, and as long as they own and run the club West Ham will continue buying almost exclusively shite players from the PL who are either over-priced or in semi-retirement.

Some of us saw through him the first few matches. I guess a lot supported him out of respect for SAF. For the life of me I still cannot understand how a successful man like Sir Alex can appoint a man like Moyes?
He goes to lecture at Universities etc. Someone should ask him to explain in detail the appointment of David Moyes as Manager of Manchester United.
Thesis should be written about this by students of management. I mean seriously this must be classed as one of the biggest management blunders of recent history in any management.
Sir Alex didn't appoint him. He was supposed to be SAF's recommendation, but apparently we tried for both Ancelotti and Mourinho first and were rejected, so who knows.