David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Kapardin

Not winning anything means nothing. Very few current managers have actually won anything in English football.
Eh? The top 6 are expected to win cups. Apart from Pochettino, all the top 5 managers have won silverware in their history. And Pochettino certainly gets criticism for not yet winning anything.

For the rest of the teams, "winning" can be interpreted as meeting targets relative to the size of the club. A league cup, or top 10, or avoiding relegation. For example, I'd say Dyche and Silva are "winning" as they are meeting the targets or exceeding expectations.

Fact is, Moyes failed to win at United (community shield not withstanding) and failed to meet targets at La Real and Sunderland. He's a poor manager and that wouldn't be so intolerable if he didn't have such a high opinion of himself.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Might have been mentioned but one thing in his interview which baffled me was when he listed managing in Spain as an achievement. As if going abroad to one of the best leagues in the world to manage a moderately mid-table side in some sort of unbearable burden.

Why do British managers chalk up going abroad to a European country that's about two hours away on a flight for very respectable salaries as some sort of unique venture? Foreign managers come to England all the time and adapt just fine.
The achievement was probably finding his passport and getting safely on the plane.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Moyes dresses up his failure in Spain as 'boldness'; he has no option but to do this because he can't avoid discussing his time abroad yet he can't mention any achievements whilst there.

Foxbatt

Even Puel has won trophies. So did Koeman. Martinez won the Cup.

Foxbatt

West Ham is looking more and more like a David Moyes team. Nothing like the WestHam way of football.

I certainly don’t like West Ham, but they have never bothered me. Now, I will cheer on any team (except City and Liverpool) who are playing them. It amazes me that Moyes got another chance.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With the fixtures hes got i cant see him getting a single point till the west brom game on the 2nd of January.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So the keeper our owner signed, and the freebie ageing rightback our owner signed, both cost us a goal, and yet there’s people on here hounding the manager out.

Right. Okay.

Give the best mechanic in the world a toy wrench you bought from a charity shop and he’s not fixing your car.
Gonna be a fun few months on KUMB with the clash of the Moyes defenders and detractors.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Guaranteed Moyes will say "I thought we were unlucky" in his post match interview if they go on to lose this

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Tbf he didn't had luck in some moments of the match...

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
The media have been saying he's got a hard job on his hands. West Ham's squad is decent, they aren't a bad side player wise. Any semi decent manager would keep that side up at an absolute canter.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
The media have been saying he's got a hard job on his hands. West Ham's squad is decent, they aren't a bad side player wise. Any semi decent manager would keep that side up at an absolute canter.
Agreed; I really don’t have them down as realistic relegation candidates, even with Moyes in charge. Hope I’m wrong :)

They had chances, first match, he has a better squad than Sunderland had last season, he will give them more organization than they had under Bilic.
What makes you think that? Did he manage to give Sunderland or Sociedad more organization than their previous bosses?

Bilic has the best ever Prem record of a West Ham boss.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What makes you think that? Did he manage to give Sunderland or Sociedad more organization than the previous boss?

Bilic has the best ever Prem record of a West Ham boss.
I have to say I am not a big fan of Bilic, and that season with West Ham relied too much on the individual quality of Payet, regarding Moyes at least one hopes that he can make them better in terms of defensive organization.

Number1

David Moyes and Stuart Pearce, what joy it must be for West Ham players to be coached on football matters by these 2 footballing brains.

I have to say I am not a big fan of Bilic, and that season with West Ham relied too much on the individual quality of Payet, regarding Moyes at least one hopes that he can make them better in terms of defensive organization.
Forget Bilic, based on his last 3 jobs, what makes you think Moyes will do that?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Forget Bilic, based on his last 3 jobs, what makes you think Moyes will do that?
Look, I am not a big fan of David Moyes, even when he was at Everton, but at least one has to think a former Man United manager has the capacity to give more organization to this team than they had under Bilic, just look at some of the matches they had under Bilic and try to tell me it was just lack of quality of the players.