David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

DavidDeSchmikes

"If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere.”

Can't believe that he really said that :lol:
'I'll see the East End of London for seven months'. Got to admire Moyes optimism thinking he'll be there for seven months

RooneyLegend

All Moyes needed was to come the the Press Conferences and then look dignified in the dug out and occasionally get up and wave his arms about.
Sad but true, you left out and make great signings. Think it should've been stipulated in the contract that he wont be allowed to make all those changes, if he wants to he can sod off.

RooneyLegend

Also 'I'll go elsewhere', as if chairmen will be queuing round the block to get the guy who torched West Ham in half a year to make it a sequence of four managerial balls-ups.
You'd be tempted into thinking that way if you kept getting top level jobs despite continuously failing.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
You'd be tempted into thinking that way if you kept getting top level jobs despite continuously failing.
Yeah that's true, even as I was typing it occurred to me that he is still getting jobs despite failing again and again. However I think going from a 6 year deal at United to a seven month deal at West Ham in the space of four years is pretty telling. For a guy who for some reason rates himself as a CL manager that's a hard fall from grace. Whether he's humble enough to realise that is another matter.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Yeah that's true, even as I was typing it occurred to me that he is still getting jobs despite failing again and again. However I think going from a 6 year deal at United to a seven month deal at West Ham in the space of four years is pretty telling. For a guy who for some reason rates himself as a CL manager that's a hard fall from grace. Whether he's humble enough to realise that is another matter.
Not a chance

Foxbatt

I do not think even Big Sam thinks he is good enough to manage any top 5 clubs though he did say if his name is Alladichi he might get to manage Real Madrid. Moyes thinks he is good enough.

Fitchett

You expect us to be complimentary to the man who destroyed in 10 months, what it took SAF 22 years to build?
IMO, he isn't getting enough hatred. He is getting off lightly.
He was quicker than that, he'd destroyed United after 3 months.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He was quicker than that, he'd destroyed United after 3 months.
Just thinking about our game today reminds me of Moyes saying he wanted us to make it hard for Newcastle. The winning mentality wasn’t eroded it was exploded.

Minimalist

I do not think even Big Sam thinks he is good enough to manage any top 5 clubs though he did say if his name is Alladichi he might get to manage Real Madrid. Moyes thinks he is good enough.
Big Sam wouldn't have performed as badly as Moyes at United. Has a solid opinion of himself, pragmatic and wouldn't feck around straying from his methods/strategies (naff as it might have been to watch). Solid top four finish with the big man. Sacked later for drinking all the gravy.

Foxbatt

Big Sam wouldn't have performed as badly as Moyes at United. Has a solid opinion of himself, pragmatic and wouldn't feck around straying from his methods/strategies (naff as it might have been to watch). Solid top four finish with the big man. Sacked later for drinking all the gravy.
Big Sam's Bolton had some wonderful foreign players and played very attractive football.

Foxbatt

He now says that West Ham is not his last chance even if he fails there.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
David Moyes quoted by Matt Law in Friday's Telegraph.

“Is this my last chance? No. Most managers in the Premier League have managed 10-12 clubs. It’s possible to manage lots of clubs.”

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The guy is just insufferable.

The leeway he is given with the press is astonishing. I would love for them to turn against the dour faced ghoul.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
For the first (and possibly last) time in living memory I will switch on a Watford - West Ham game. And I hope it's going to be a really crappy match as well. Like United - Fulham, a real shit fiesta.

Fitchett

Who is he refering to? I cant think of anyone who has managed that many.
Me neither - was hoping some expert Caftard could come up with a list of who has managed the most. I would have thought 6 clubs was about the limit for a PL manager. Looking at the old boys network of Redknapp, Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes, Hodgson et al.

Kapardin

David Moyes quoted by Matt Law in Friday's Telegraph.

“Is this my last chance? No. Most managers in the Premier League have managed 10-12 clubs. It’s possible to manage lots of clubs.”
In the full quote, he actually compared his situation with Jupp Heynckes who has worked at various clubs and is back at Bayern now.

Jupp Heynckes. Treble winner. Davey Moyes. Won the treble of three sackings in a row (Resignation from Sunderland job was as bad as a sacking anyway). Nice comparison.

Fitchett

Me neither - was hoping some expert Caftard could come up with a list of who has managed the most. I would have thought 6 clubs was about the limit for a PL manager. Looking at the old boys network of Redknapp, Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes, Hodgson et al.
Just checked on Wikipedia.
Allardyce has managed the most PL teams, 6. He is followed by Redknapp, Hughes and Hodgson with 5 each. On 4, we have Atkinson, Souness, Bruce, Pardew and now Moyes.
So, wee Davey once again spouting b*llocks - this time about "Most managers in the Premier League have managed 10-12 clubs".

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
In the full quote, he actually compared his situation with Jupp Heynckes who has worked at various clubs and is back at Bayern now.

Jupp Heynckes. Treble winner. Davey Moyes. Won the treble of three sackings in a row (Resignation from Sunderland job was as bad as a sacking anyway). Nice comparison.
Well for Moyes to be exact, more like a treble D: Delusional, defeatist & dithering.

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
I don't understand how this guy can have such a high opinion of himself. He is a serial loser. He always downplays expectations as he is frightened of success, just like Hodgson and Pulis. He won nothing at Everton, and had them playing some tumescent stuff. He made a team that won a title finish seventh the following season. The reason young British managers don't get a chance is not because of only foreign managers but because clubs keep giving the same old failed British managers jobs. Have you noticed how Bruce, Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes and Pardew and probably more all have their sides playing tumescent football.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Might have been mentioned but one thing in his interview which baffled me was when he listed managing in Spain as an achievement. As if going abroad to one of the best leagues in the world to manage a moderately mid-table side in some sort of unbearable burden.

Why do British managers chalk up going abroad to a European country that's about two hours away on a flight for very respectable salaries as some sort of unique venture? Foreign managers come to England all the time and adapt just fine.

Acole9

Outstanding
He referred to managers like Heynckes when talking about managers going to lots of different clubs, the man is so deluded he probably thinks he's as good as him.

IrishRedDevil

Might have been mentioned but one thing in his interview which baffled me was when he listed managing in Spain as an achievement. As if going abroad to one of the best leagues in the world to manage a moderately mid-table side in some sort of unbearable burden.

Why do British managers chalk up going abroad to a European country that's about two hours away on a flight for very respectable salaries as some sort of unique venture? Foreign managers come to England all the time and adapt just fine.
It's absolutely baffling. People work abroad all the time in all walks of life, yet muppets like Moyes, who failed miserably while doing it, think it's some kind of achievement? :wenger:

Foxbatt

Gary Neville also reached a proud achievement then as Manager of Valencia. I think he should spout it every day too. He can tell Jamie Carragher that he has never managed any club while Gary has successfully managed one in no less than Spain.

AndyJ1985

Not winning anything means nothing. Very few current managers have actually won anything in English football.
What do you mean not winning anything means nothing? Of course it does. In sport winning means everything. That's the whole point of sport, to win things.

Fitchett

Not winning anything means nothing. Very few current managers have actually won anything in English football.
Fair enough not winning the Premier League whilst at Everton, but a decent manager would have won at least one F.A. Cup or League Cup during 11 years there. Even Martinez won the F.A. Cup at Wigan! Mind you, we mustn't forget that Moyes won the Community Shield .......

Foxbatt

What do you mean not winning anything means nothing? Of course it does. In sport winning means everything. That's the whole point of sport, to win things.
Yes it is all about winning. I would like to add that winning in English football does not mean double points. It does not matter where they win. 10 Managers have won trophies. That is almost half of the Managers.