David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Caius

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-with-his-coaching-team-at-manchester-united

David Moyes has succeeded the most prolific manager of all time—that is tough enough. Significantly, he inherited a major part of the most prolific coaching team of all time, and somehow he has decided to dispense with them.

If United lose the Premier League title next season, they will know that the foundations to that loss were planted by their manager when he decided on a quick fix instead of following his predecessors' tried and trusted methods.
That article really hit the nail on the head, "The percentages between winning and losing are so slim that a slight change at coaching level can put a club back years" :(

In today's Guardian:

Moyes, who replaced Slaven Bilic on an initial six-month contract, said he is confident of bringing success to West Ham. “I don’t think it’s a bad team, a bad squad. But I can’t be bothered with any drivel. I’m going to be direct with the players. If they don’t like it, then I’m sorry. We’ve got to make sure we get through to them quickly. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere.”

He really is a miserable twat.
:lol::lol::wenger: What a psycho, he must have no self-respect left to keep taking these jobs when he seems to have no faith in his own abilities anymore.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-with-his-coaching-team-at-manchester-united

David Moyes has succeeded the most prolific manager of all time—that is tough enough. Significantly, he inherited a major part of the most prolific coaching team of all time, and somehow he has decided to dispense with them.

If United lose the Premier League title next season, they will know that the foundations to that loss were planted by their manager when he decided on a quick fix instead of following his predecessors' tried and trusted methods.
Moyes lost the players and the club's respect and trust from the very beginning wirh his decision to go against Fergie's advise and sack the backroom staff.

The point is, David Moyes EGO. His ego would not allow him to take that help and advice of the world class coaches - he couldn't handle that if United had won things people would have diminished his role - he alos though he was top level and didn't need help.

If Moyes wasn't so arrogant and had kept the coaches there's a good chance he'd still be United's manager.

Remember the interview with Rene after he left and he knew Moyes didn't get what he was in charge of.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Because they peddle the idea that an old safe pair of hands is what clubs need. Just like they are blowing the trumpet about Moyes at West Ham. They have not raised an eyebrow and never mentioned about any young British Manager. It is either Big Sam(OK he has retired) or Moyes or Pardew or Pearson etc.
To be fair, Moyes doesn't have any eyebrows to raise.

Shark

@NotShark
I still can’t believe that David Moyes is getting proper managerial jobs. He’s the last person anyone with any sense would bring in to raise spirits and save your club from relegation. Madness.

What makes it worse is there’s plenty of young, talented managers looking to make a name for themselves and this absolute failure of a manger is hired instead.

Foxbatt

His problem is that he still has not got over the sacking at United. He still feels he is hard done by and because he got a 6 year contract that they will keep him at United no matter what. He thinks he is a top world class manager. How can he be one without winning anything? Even Martinez won more trophies than him.

Water Melon

In today's Guardian:

Moyes, who replaced Slaven Bilic on an initial six-month contract, said he is confident of bringing success to West Ham. “I don’t think it’s a bad team, a bad squad. But I can’t be bothered with any drivel. I’m going to be direct with the players. If they don’t like it, then I’m sorry. We’ve got to make sure we get through to them quickly. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere.”

:D Telling the truth, he is ready to feck off as soon as he faces any difficulty. Clown. Another failure by him and he will no get no job offers of whatsoever. It's a pity my PC skills are not all that, otherwise I would make a gif from The Penguins of Madagascar, where those birds meet Dave the octopus for the first time and he tries to remind them who he is.

Listar

Stuart Pearce
Very smart move... ... by Pearce. He knows Moyes is not going to last long and he will be in the top spot in no time. Expect more undermining the manager for a few games to get him gone. More turbulence ahead me thinks for west ham. It's a funny joke to us but it is a sad joke to the fans

Denis79

In today's Guardian:

Wow... Why say something like that? I actually feel sorry for their fans.

RooneyLegend

The point is, David Moyes EGO. His ego would not allow him to take that help and advice of the world class coaches - he couldn't handle that if United had won things people would have diminished his role - he alos though he was top level and didn't need help.

If Moyes wasn't so arrogant and had kept the coaches there's a good chance he'd still be United's manager.
I think one of the hardest things about replacing Sir Alex was just how complex he made the organisation at the time. In reality, finding another Sir Alex was an impossible task from the very beginning cause new age managers are coaches masquerading as managers, and out of the old style managers, none really had the sort of credentials we were looking for. We probably should've gone for Carlos Queiroz given he new the whole coaching staff and how the machine was run.

Darkhorsez

I think one of the hardest things about replacing Sir Alex was just how complex he made the organisation at the time. In reality, finding another Sir Alex was an impossible task from the very beginning cause new age managers are coaches masquerading as managers, and out of the old style managers, none really had the sort of credentials we were looking for. We probably should've gone for Carlos Queiroz given he new the whole coaching staff and how the machine was run.
Interesting. Carlos is doing very well with the Iranian NT. He has made the team very formidable without any flair or individually brilliant players we had in the distant past. He has certainly overachieved with average players and working in a difficult environment with lots of pressure. His style is similar to Mou. Solid defensively and counter attack with pace.
On another point, I think SAF was also a “romantic” sort of a guy. He probably saw a lot of grit and hard work that he had coming into the job in Moyes too. And hence his recommendation or blessing for the hire. We all know that SAF was a heck of a lot more than that work ethics!! Really miss the guy, a true leader the likes of which we may never see again.

Reactions: SteveJ

itso 7

Surely he realises that if he fails here there might not be anywhere else for him to go?
Would blame him for thinking otherwise because we all thought the Sunderland feck up was enough to end his top level career but alas there was someone foolish enough to consider him good enough to sack their manager for.

Red Comet

In today's Guardian:

The point that comes out strongest to me is this - he thinks his method is going to bring them success, and he's "going to be direct with the players". If they don't like his winning method and he doesn't succeed, then too bad.

What an arrogant twat.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
In today's Guardian:

I'm lost for words, I sincerely think he is thick enough not to realize what he actually says to the media. I don't think I've ever wanted a team to go down as much as this current West Ham.

Devil77

More importantly, and personally, watching David Moyes run my football club into the ground made me fall out of love with the game. It made me hate my own football team, it made me hate going to the matches and it has contributed to putting this once great club on the precipice of the abyss.
The above statement is probably shared by lots of United fans.

Robbie Boy

I can't believe those quotes about just walking away into another job after 6 months if things go tits up, well actually I can believe that cretin said those things, to be honest. What a horrible, smug wanker he is.

Foxbatt

I don't think SAF was a romantic guy at all. He was a lot more pragmatic than most people give him credit for.
Look at the Cantona case. Do you think Moyes would have gone chasing after him in France? He would have said to Eric sod off.
Or let Barthez smoke ? SAF did all of this things and probably more.
Moyes would have fired him on the spot. So there are major major differences in how they handle players. Fergie knew that one size does not fit all. He would never have said that we are in for a relegation battle. for the life of me I still can't understand why SAF thought Moyes can replace him. But Ferige told him not to replace the back room staff and I guess he thought Moyes would not be that stupid to do that and bring a bunch of guys who has never won anything. All Moyes needed was to come the the Press Conferences and then look dignified in the dug out and occasionally get up and wave his arms about.

Foxbatt

Sorry. I take back about what I wrote about the Press conferences. he should have let Phelan do it too. LOL

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
In today's Guardian:

There's nothing wrong with publically laying down the law to an underperforming squad, so being direct with the players, getting through to them quickly etc. isn't too bad. But the final line is terrible. How are the West Ham fans meant to buy into what he's doing if he's setting his stall out to bail at the first sign of trouble? Also 'I'll go elsewhere', as if chairmen will be queuing round the block to get the guy who torched West Ham in half a year to make it a sequence of four managerial balls-ups.

stevoc

:lol::lol::wenger: What a psycho, he must have no self-respect left to keep taking these jobs when he seems to have no faith in his own abilities anymore.
It's quite likely that once he got the boot at United his planned career path and dreams basically died, everything since then has possibly been nothing more than an exercise in seeing how much money he can squeeze out of as many clubs as possible before he is found out as a complete fraud. Which to be fair should have been after Sunderland and the complete and utter failure he overseen there, spending more than any other Sunderland manager in one window in their history only to turn them into one of the worst Premier League sides ever.

Listen to how he talks about his time at Sociedad, says he really enjoyed it and it was a success. Yes a success for him he got a few million for years paid holiday in Spain, for Sociedad not so much. He apparently made little or no effort to learn the language, get to know the players and staff or familiarize himself with the area.

Oldyella

It's quite likely that once he got the boot at United his planned career path and dreams basically died, everything since then has possibly been nothing more than an exercise in seeing how much money he can squeeze out of as many clubs as possible before he is found out as a complete fraud. Which to be fair should have been after Sunderland and the complete and utter failure he overseen there, spending more than any other Sunderland manager in one window in their history only to turn them into one of the worst Premier League sides ever.

Listen to how he talks about his time at Sociedad, says he really enjoyed it and it was a success. Yes a success for him he got a few million for years paid holiday in Spain, for Sociedad not so much. He apparently made little or no effort to learn the language, get to know the players and staff or familiarize himself with the area.
Yep, once the Utd job had been and gone, he is basically treading water for the rest of his career, as he would never get another 'big' club given just how badly he did. Must be hard to motivate yourself after that, and it really shows. Sure he wasnt as dour and negative while at Everton (or didnt seem it to an outsider anyway)

Foxbatt

But Brendon Rogers got sacked at Liverpool and doing a decent job at Celtic. Carlos Quiroz got sacked by Real and he does not talk about his time at Real.
He should get a life and forget about his time at United and get on with his life. It seems that every time he opens his mouth it is about his past. Everyone in football knows his past so why does he have to bring it up every time?

Erebus

His comment I'll never understand is that he'd do nothing different if he had his time at United again. This shows that he doesn't think he needs to learn anything. I've had some success in my careers (now retired), but I know I'd do some things different if I had the chance to. I'd do that because you learn from your mistakes, improve your practice and develop in your career (and personally) by doing so. If you don't admit, and therefore accept, where you went wrong, you fail to grow as a professional.

Foxbatt

Even Nigel Pearson has been quoted that he will certainly do somethings differently now. The man is delusional and he thinks he is a top Manager. He is not a top tier manager and if given a choice between Big Sam and Moyes I would chose Big Sam any day.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nob ed is trying to save a bit of face with that 7 months comment because deep down he knows he's shit. Trying to be a bit cocky about it

OneUnited24

His comment I'll never understand is that he'd do nothing different if he had his time at United again. This shows that he doesn't think he needs to learn anything. I've had some success in my careers (now retired), but I know I'd do some things different if I had the chance to. I'd do that because you learn from your mistakes, improve your practice and develop in your career (and personally) by doing so. If you don't admit, and therefore accept, where you went wrong, you fail to grow as a professional.
Because he’s the victim who was unfairly treated. Poor old Moyes did nothing wrong and still got sacked.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The hatred on here is unbelievable. Ok the guy wasn't good enough for United I get that but how many other managers who have been sacked for previous job failures are moving around to other clubs without being slated.
You expect us to be complimentary to the man who destroyed in 10 months, what it took SAF 22 years to build?
IMO, he isn't getting enough hatred. He is getting off lightly.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I have a feeling that the Hammers Board has actually played a blinder as far as they are concerned. If they go down, they can clear a lot of the players and blame Moyes for going down. Then they will get a new Manager and try to get up and get more money for going up. Kill two birds with one stone. Don't have to pay Moyes anything extra and if he keeps them up by the skin of their teeth then also they can not renew his contract and let him go for free.
You seriously think that being relegated to the Championship can be a good thing?
With so much money lost and the likelihood of not getting back into the EPL for several years, this would be insane.
How anybody could think that being demoted to the Championship can be a good thing, is beyond me.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
"If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere.”

Can't believe that he really said that :lol: