David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Cloud7

Moyes never could handle egos and characters, stars, at Man United
Doubt there were that many egos during his stint at Sociedad. Should be amended to "never could handle living humans at football clubs"

Foxbatt

fekking heck. Is he still around? I thought the players would have mutinied by now and keel hauled him and make him walk the plank into the River Thames.

Alabaster Codify7

ahh Moysies famous lost ipad bunker. I remember the spin on this, he had to painstakingly start from scratch and build up a scouting network all by himself, because there were no records of any players. Due to the selfish Ferguson keeping all the data in his mind
Hahaha. Yeah that bsatard bunker!
The more you think about it, the more ridiculously unprepared and overwhelmed the bloke was. He genuinely had no idea where to start or what he was doing from the second he accepted the job.

Foxbatt

Hahaha. Yeah that bsatard bunker!
The more you think about it, the more ridiculously unprepared and overwhelmed the bloke was. He genuinely had no idea where to start or what he was doing from the second he accepted the job.
The first thing he did was go on holiday. The second thing he did was sack the backroom staff though SAF told him not to do it.

Foxbatt

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-with-his-coaching-team-at-manchester-united

David Moyes has succeeded the most prolific manager of all time—that is tough enough. Significantly, he inherited a major part of the most prolific coaching team of all time, and somehow he has decided to dispense with them.

If United lose the Premier League title next season, they will know that the foundations to that loss were planted by their manager when he decided on a quick fix instead of following his predecessors' tried and trusted methods.

The Bloody-Nine

The greatest manager of all time - "okay, David, it's a huge job and a major transition for you. Best keep the backroom staff in place, they know the players, they're winners and they are vastly experienced."

Moyes - "sack all of them, I'll bring my own lads in."

Gollum moron.

Foxbatt

I can't believe this. Now he is planning to buy Kevin Mirallas from Everton. We might recoup some money by selling Fellaini to him too. Even Mata.

lem8sh

And yet they didn't get relegated for years under many other managers. It took David ''mid-table magician'' Moyes to come in and lead them to one of the worst Premier League seasons by any team since the league's formation. Then he fecks off and leaves them in the lurch because he didn't have the balls to try to get them promoted. With the damage he did to the club they are now rock bottom of the championship.

The truth is at this stage Moyes has had one top level job where he did well and that was 15 years ago. If he was actually a decent manager then or it was a perfect storm for him to do well who knows. But in 2017 he's done, West Ham will find that out soon enough. I doubt he will last the season there, i give it until the end of January before he starts squirming again and bleating on about the players not being good enough and not being backed in the transfer market.
What are you talking about mate?

Within the context of the point i was making it wasn't wrong at all. What the feck relevance does Moyes finishing 6th in his 12th year at Everton have with taking over a new club in a relegation scrap and the likelihood of him turning them around?

I also don't recall saying he was doing a bad job in his last few years at Everton, so again what are you talking about?

Again i was clearly referring to his track record when taking clubs over.
"The truth is at this stage Moyes has had one top level job where he did well and that was 15 years ago." Hth.

Foxbatt

Everton was not a small club by any means. They were a second tier club after United, Arsenal, Liverpool and later on Chelsea, City and Spurs. So take these 6 clubs and Everton was the 7th biggest club in the PL.
He took Everton to 4th once and then to 17th the next season. It was not that he was doing an outstanding job at Everton. He sometime finished where Everton should be and that is around the 6th to the 7th position. Incidentally that is where United finished too in his season term.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
If PL teams really wanted to improve, they need to look further than the man who was a disaster in his last 3 jobs.

Drawfull

How long before he mentions not getting enough time here?
In today's Guardian:

Moyes, who replaced Slaven Bilic on an initial six-month contract, said he is confident of bringing success to West Ham. “I don’t think it’s a bad team, a bad squad. But I can’t be bothered with any drivel. I’m going to be direct with the players. If they don’t like it, then I’m sorry. We’ve got to make sure we get through to them quickly. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere.”

He really is a miserable twat.

C3Pique

In today's Guardian:

Moyes, who replaced Slaven Bilic on an initial six-month contract, said he is confident of bringing success to West Ham. “I don’t think it’s a bad team, a bad squad. But I can’t be bothered with any drivel. I’m going to be direct with the players. If they don’t like it, then I’m sorry. We’ve got to make sure we get through to them quickly. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere.”

Jesus he knows how to inspire those West Ham fans doesn't he?

"If we get relegated, I'll be off absolving myself of responsibility quicker than you can say Wee Jimmy Lumsden."

Ace of Spades

In today's Guardian:

:lol::devil:. He must be trolling everone by now, because he knows he will get a new job no matter how shit he is.

stevoc

"The truth is at this stage Moyes has had one top level job where he did well and that was 15 years ago." Hth.
Yes exactly it was 15 years ago the last time Moyes took over a club and did a good job turning them around. That does help thanks.

Moonred

In today's Guardian:

His incompetence has made him stronger when it comes to acting like a shameless twat.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
There are so many British managers that are better qualified than him. In the Swedish League for an example there's Graham Potter in Östersund. He's taken that team from the lower divisions to the Europa League group stage. Quite an extraordinary achievement.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
There are so many British managers that are better qualified than him. In the Swedish League for an example there's Graham Potter in Östersund. He's taken that team from the lower divisions to the Europa League group stage. Quite an extraordinary achievement.
And they say British managers don't get the chance because of foreign managers. It's British managers who don't get the chance because of the old boys network.

clarkydaz

“I don’t think it’s a bad team, a bad squad. But I can’t be bothered with any drivel. I’m going to be direct with the players. If they don’t like it, then I’m sorry. We’ve got to make sure we get through to them quickly. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere.”
translation = LAPS

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
In today's Guardian:

Surely he realises that if he fails here there might not be anywhere else for him to go?

Foxbatt

There are lots of British Managers who probably need some experience at a bigger club. But people like the Nevilles and other pundits are the people blocking the route for young British Managers.
Managers like Potter has more claims to be a Manager than someone like Giggs who has never managed any club. But his chances are better than that of Potter.

It is Insanity, repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Failure at United, failure at Real Sociedad and failure at Sunderland. All within the course of 4 years.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Moyes said:
"If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere.”
Just like Jack the Ripper...

The Bloody-Nine

There are lots of British Managers who probably need some experience at a bigger club. But people like the Nevilles and other pundits are the people blocking the route for young British Managers.
Managers like Potter has more claims to be a Manager than someone like Giggs who has never managed any club. But his chances are better than that of Potter.

It is Insanity, repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Failure at United, failure at Real Sociedad and failure at Sunderland. All within the course of 4 years.
How are pundits preventing young British managers from getting jobs?

Foxbatt

How are pundits preventing young British managers from getting jobs?
Because they peddle the idea that an old safe pair of hands is what clubs need. Just like they are blowing the trumpet about Moyes at West Ham. They have not raised an eyebrow and never mentioned about any young British Manager. It is either Big Sam(OK he has retired) or Moyes or Pardew or Pearson etc.

The Bloody-Nine

Because they peddle the idea that an old safe pair of hands is what clubs need. Just like they are blowing the trumpet about Moyes at West Ham. They have not raised an eyebrow and never mentioned about any young British Manager. It is either Big Sam(OK he has retired) or Moyes or Pardew or Pearson etc.
You really believe that club chairmen are making decisions based on what the likes of Paul Merson have to say? I don't.

Foxbatt

You really believe that club chairmen are making decisions based on what the likes of Paul Merson have to say? I don't.
Not at all on Merson alone. This has been the trend for a while. Or else why is it a merry go round? It is either Hodson, Big Sam, Pardew, Pearson, Pulis, and now Moyes. You can add ole "Arry too into the mix. It is an old boys club. Look at how they supported Moyes when he was making United into the new Everton.

Foxbatt

Yes that may be one of the reasons but going with Moyes should be a big risk now as he has failed miserably in his last three clubs. Yes United it can be said was way too big for him and he would have failed in either City, Chelsea or Arsenal too. But Real Sociedad and Sunderland were clubs that he should have been able to handle.
But I think there are Managers like Potter etc who deserves a chance to manage a British club. Maybe not the bigger ones but at least a mid to lower end club.
Look at the way Rogers was sacked by Liverpool. He got them to second place and then next year he had a poor season finishing 6th and the next October he got sacked. That is 3 years in which one year he got them to second and into the CL. Well he had I think 2 seasons and 2 months. it is not as if they were going to get relegated anyway.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
In today's Guardian:

Wow, I genuinely thought that quote as a pisstake. He did actually say that last sentence.
He could have a second career as a motivational speaker.

shaky

Wow, I genuinely thought that quote as a pisstake. He did actually say that last sentence.
Jesus, he's started mentioning the possibility that it won't work out already? Hasn't he been getting lessons on what not to say in interviews? I thought that would be item number one on his to do list. The only remote benefit I can think of for hiring Moyes and not somebody with more potential is at least Moyes will hang around for the long run on the off chance that it does go well. A younger manager might get lured away within a year or two if he looks to be the next Poch or Silva but Moyes isn't ever going to get offered a top job again, no matter how well he does at West Ham.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Jesus, he's started mentioning the possibility that it won't work out already? Hasn't he been getting lessons on what not to say in interviews? I thought that would be item number one on his to do list. The only remote benefit I can think of for hiring Moyes and not somebody with more potential is at least Moyes will hang around for the long run on the off chance that it does go well. A younger manager might get lured away within a year or two if he looks to be the next Poch or Silva but Moyes isn't ever going to get offered a top job again, no matter how well he does at West Ham.
That's aiming pretty low from the chairman though.

Foxbatt

I would like to see what happens on Saturday. You never know, they might win too. It is a winnable game against Watford.

Drawfull

I couldn't believe it when I read it. He desperately needs someone to write stock answers for him, he can't believe in the shit he spouts surely? To say that you don't give a damn about your job since you're getting paid anyway is frankly embarrassing. If I was one of the Dildo Bros., I wouldn't be impressed. I mean, for all the shafting they seem to do, they don't want to get relegated.

It sounds like he's taken it for the money, because he knows he can always fall back on the media and his 'I managed United' CV.

Reactions: SteveJ

Foxbatt

I couldn't believe it when I read it. He desperately needs someone to write stock answers for him, he can't believe in the shit he spouts surely? To say that you don't give a damn about your job since you're getting paid anyway is frankly embarrassing. If I was one of the Dildo Bros., I wouldn't be impressed. I mean, for all the shafting they seem to do, they don't want to get relegated.

It sounds like he's taken it for the money, because he knows he can always fall back on the media and his 'I managed United' CV.
The Dildo brothers can do a lot more to him I think. LOL