David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Foxbatt

That is the problem with him. He thinks football is all about running and he ran RVP to the ground and injured him. That man should never be let near any club. I really hope he takes West Ham down. I can never forget what he did to United.
It is a good one about WestHam wanting to be in 7th place in his first season as he did to United. LOL

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I do not think he should be a manager but he needs medical help. He is living in an alternate reality. He thinks his stints at Real Sociedad and United were successful stints. He now blames Sunderland for appointing him as Manager. FFS when he gets sacked by West Ham I wonder what tripe is he going to come up with?
What tripe and inevitably, what other decent EPL job will he get (again!).

clarkydaz

That is the problem with him. He thinks football is all about running and he ran RVP to the ground and injured him. That man should never be let near any club. I really hope he takes West Ham down. I can never forget what he did to United.
It is a good one about WestHam wanting to be in 7th place in his first season as he did to United. LOL
West Ham's new ground is perfect for Moyes, they already have a running track around the pitch

RUN DEM LAPS

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He should really keep them up with the squad he's got. However, it's going to be fun to see what happens.

They need someone to motivate them and I can't see how Moyes will be able to do that.

Distracted Steward

Bringing Moyes on was a stunningly poor decision for West Ham. They have a lot of problems that will be woefully exposed by this man unless he’s at his very best—or whatever is left of his best.

West Ham’s crowd has long been despondent. It’s been a long time since he inspired anyone. He talked a little of wanting to be firery, but he’s more likely to be a wet blanket or dark cloud than anything else.

The West Ham squad is the product of pure value buying. A few seasons ago they tried to go wingers & target man philosophy, but that failed. Since then there has been no obvious plan to their transfers. Moyes never had much of an identity to Everton except being organized and scrappy. Since Everton he’s shown a puzzling ability to make a team look totally incongruent in very little time. An already rudderless team will quickly collapse under him. They will fight a little at first, but will quickly give up when all that extra hard work comes to count for nothing.

He will have the midfielders stuck making hard passes because of tactics and spacing just like he did here. They will spend too long without the ball and will be hapless in attack. All the running will be in vain, and it will break whatever team spirit he’ll whip up.

The strategic problems shown over recent seasons will be exaggerated. They will go down, and everyone—including them—will know it by the end of January.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Is none. I would still put money on him doing well there.
He gets fired from MUFC.
He gets fired from R.Sociedad
He got Sunderland relegated.

You've analysed the above and concluded that he is a good manager and will do a good job at WHU.
shamans...you da man!!!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Moyes was actually one of the early adopters of OPTA and other forms of analytics so it is sort of weird that he is so outdated when it comes to this.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He gets fired from MUFC.
He gets fired from R.Sociedad
He got Sunderland relegated.

You've analysed the above and concluded that he is a good manager and will do a good job at WHU.
shamans...you da man!!!
All above makes sense to me except Sunderland. I thought he would succeed there but it didn't work out. I think he'll do well at West Ham. Time will tell.

kr0nix

Some guy on KUMB rehashing the same arguments for his failure at United and Sunderland.

KUMB said:
jacko said:
His Sunderland conceded 69 goals the year they went down. I'm struggling to see what impact he had on that. Maybe there's another ingredient that's lacking.
They were woeful and had let in 62 the previous year. He inherited a basket case.

We aren’t. We have decent options at the back and Bilic showed we could keep clean sheets but he couldn’t do it consistently.

The Man Utd side he inherited was also a basket case. No central midfield, aging defenders and the job was too big for him.

I’m not expecting a miracle turn around, but I do think we will start looking more organised. If we don’t in half a dozen games then you can say you told me so.

RedDevil@84

Some guy on KUMB rehashing the same arguments for his failure at United and Sunderland.
"Hope" is the quintessential human delusion that is simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness
- The Matrix Reloaded movie 2003

When you know that you are stuck with Moyes for rest of the season, you just need to clutch at straws to "Hope"

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is nt that true to some extent ?

If we forget his antics off the pitch - one thing which he does know is how to organize a team and not concede. I think he will thrive at west ham if he is able to survive relegation this year. Mid table club, decent money on transfers ,excellent academy

Dutsey

The hatred on here is unbelievable. Ok the guy wasn't good enough for United I get that but how many other managers who have been sacked for previous job failures are moving around to other clubs without being slated.

Foxbatt

Big Sam can organize a lot better than Moyes. Yet they did not like his style at West Ham. Moyes will kill them even if they survive. He is going to run them off in training but if that is his attitude they will not run for him during the game.
He pissed off one his best creative players at Sunderland. He over trained RVP (who is injury prone and had a special programme for him when Fergie was Manager) even before the start of the season and injured him. He is the man who got United to put in 89 crosses but failed to win against Fulham. Even Di Canio would have been better than Moyes.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
West Ham's 10 League fixtures during November & December...

Watford A
Leicester H
Everton A
City A
Chelsea H
Arsenal H
Stoke A
Arsenal A – Carabao
Newcastle H
Bournemouth A
Spurs A

That's a pretty tough run facing City & Spurs away, Chelsea & Arsenal home....
Away games at Everton, Stoke & Watford look tough too, and Leicester & Newcastle at home are not going to be easy either.... hahahaha......I'd love this to all end in tears.... :)

ManUtdFanSince

David, whatever you do...don't say that " East Ham United, are the standard the Hammers need to match"...

Foxbatt

I do not dislike any manager. Sure they are/were managers of competitors but they come and go. But Moyes I dislike now. Not only for what he did to United but more so now because he still cannot stop talking about it. He still does not accept that it was his fault.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
West Ham's 10 League fixtures during November & December...

Watford A
Leicester H
Everton A
City A
Chelsea H
Arsenal H
Stoke A
Arsenal A – Carabao
Newcastle H
Bournemouth A
Spurs A

That's a pretty tough run facing City & Spurs away, Chelsea & Arsenal home....
Away games at Everton, Stoke & Watford look tough too, and Leicester & Newcastle at home are not going to be easy either.... hahahaha......I can't wait for this to all end in tears.... :)
Fixed.

Foxbatt

The hatred on here is unbelievable. Ok the guy wasn't good enough for United I get that but how many other managers who have been sacked for previous job failures are moving around to other clubs without being slated.
Other Managers accept that it has not worked out and move on with their lives. This is the man who came in and destroyed the club and sacked the successful backroom staff and brought in people whom we have never heard off and injured our top striker by over training him knowing that he was injury prone most of his life. He cannot stop talking about United and even claiming that SAF would not have won anything with the team he had very conveniently forgetting that SAF won the PL Champions with that very team and by 11 points. He was the one who asked one of the best CB pairings of Rio and Vidic to look at videos of Jaghielka to learn how to defend.
If he had kept his mouth shut about United maybe there will not be so much vitriol.

RedDevil@84

Because he now and then appears in the media and talks as if he did very well with Utd and as if it was the team or someone else who are responsible for whatever happened. If he had kept his mouth shut, people would have forgotten about him and moved on.
Even now he speaks as if his stint in Spain was successful.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Other Managers accept that it has not worked out and move on with their lives. This is the man who came in and destroyed the club and sacked the successful backroom staff and brought in people whom we have never heard of and injured our top striker by over training him knowing that he was injury prone most of his life. He cannot stop talking about United and even claiming that SAF would not have won anything with the team he had very conveniently forgetting that SAF won the PL Champions with that very team and by 11 points. He was the one who asked one of the best CB pairings of Rio and Vidic to look at videos of Jaghielka to learn how to defend.
If he had kept his mouth shut about United maybe there will not be so much vitriol.
^^This^^Exactly This^^
Also worth mentioning that he rejected signing Alcantara 'because he'd never heard of him'
He wasted an entire summer chasing Fabregas & Bale, when he'd already been told the players had no interest in joining, and instead panic bought Fellaini on deadline day for £4m more than his release clause.

Yet he is so smug that he still bleats on about how unfairly treated he was by United...!!

The man is an absolute spunk-trumpet of the highest order...!!

Kapardin

RedDevil@84

So he is going to run them to ground till they cry in training all week and then see how nicely they would play on the weekend. Sounds like a sound idea

Foxbatt

Not exactly getting the players onside.
I really do not understand with this current fetish of running more than the opposition. If your footballing ability is much better than the opposition then all you need is out pass them and keep control of the ball and score more goals. You can run non stop but if your team cannot play football as well as the opposition then invariably you will lose.
West ham's issue is not that they cannot run. They simply are not good enough or the tactics are not good enough. I have a feeling that the Hammers Board has actually played a blinder as far as they are concerned. If they go down, they can clear a lot of the players and blame Moyes for going down. Then they will get a new Manager and try to get up and get more money for going up. Kill two birds with one stone. Don't have to pay Moyes anything extra and if he keeps them up by the skin of their teeth then also they can not renew his contract and let him go for free.