David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Criticize? Are you very sensitive?

When you spout nonsense like David Moyes is a great manager then people are going to laugh and/or take issue with that. If you don't like that then there is an easy solution.

FYI Klopp and Wenger and even Pochettino have achieved more then Moyes ever will.
Actually, by saying he knows feck all about football for being a newbie in this forum, you actually are criticizing his perspective. Wrongly may i add

stevoc

Actually, by saying he knows feck all about football for being a newbie in this forum, you actually are criticizing his perspective.
I said that really? Must have forgotten about that. Can you quote my post where i said he knows nothing about football please?

No you can't because i never said that i laughed at one part of his post where he shares an opinion that i think is laughable.

Wrongly may i add
Do you think Moyes is a great manager too?

Jetrooooo

It’s hilarious but now I think about it, I’m gutted he’s back.

The guy is an absolute tool that seriously gets under my skin. I look forward to the day he’s relegated and sacked again.
Yeah, It's a sort of anxiousness. Everything but relegation isn't good enough. When he happens to save them from relegation at the last day this smug cnut is gonna act like he is the new Guardiola and deserves to manage Real Madrid.

Deary me if he happens to luck to a point or god forbid a win vs us. We won't hear the end of it; that he shouldve stayed instead of Mourinho. 5 years from now he will be talking about as a puntid.

I wish him nothing but relegation.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I don't think he'll be as terrible as everyone expects. He was totally out of his depth with us, and Sunderland had been destined to fail for years. Looking at West Ham's current squad there are definite similarities between it and the one he had at Everton. It won't be pretty, but I'd expect them to stay up.

Handsome Devil

Can we now locate that oversized piece of toilet paper that was "The Chosen One" banner*, roll it up, and courier off to the Olympic Stadium as soon as possible please?

*memories of it still make my blood run cold.

Agree that they weren't poor when it came to finances compared to many others but they weren't quite as wealthy as that either.

Here's the breakdown:
Great work there Chipper but I think a little more context needed for at least for the first few seasons, for example his net spend was 7th in that first year. I do think his longevity helped Everton maintain their rough 7th position in his later seasons.

As for the stats on Average wage rank = 10.36 v Average league finish = 7.55....

An average of 2.81 places higher than his wage rank just
proves what most of us think, he did a decent job at Everton. Nowhere near good enough to be offered a job like Manchester United, but decent.

For example, Pochettino has clearly hugely outperformed his wage bill in every season since coming to the Prem. That's a top manager.

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

Think people need to cut him a bit of slack. Yea he was shit for us and then a bit more, but he does have years of credibility with Everton.
With a decent club with decent players like West Ham, I am sure there is a good amount to be optimistic about.
nah, he is shite , he was shite for us, he was shite in Spain and he was really shite at Sunderland, he is just shite full stop.

RedDevil@84

It is only a 6 month contract right?? At least that would save West Ham some money

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Moyes says he made a "poor choice" by taking over Sunderland, a club that had flirted with relegation for many seasons and where he had limited funds to spend.

"For me I didn't do enough due diligence on Sunderland," the former Celtic defender added. "Preston was very good then everyone knows about Everton.

"I got the chance at Manchester United, which is well documented. I had a great time in Spain. I came back and made a poor choice in the club I chose."

Absolutely fuppin deluded.

Kapardin

I don't think he'll be as terrible as everyone expects. He was totally out of his depth with us, and Sunderland had been destined to fail for years. Looking at West Ham's current squad there are definite similarities between it and the one he had at Everton. It won't be pretty, but I'd expect them to stay up.
This is exactly what everyone said when he was appointed as Sunderland manager. Also, exactly what everyone said when he took over La Real.

I am sensing a pattern here. Maybe we should start a Moyes sack watch thread. 6 months seems a long time for him to last before the West Ham crowd start throwing stuff at him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I am again going to say he will do well at West Ham. I said it when he went to Sunderland as well - didn't work out. However I still strongly believe Moyes is a very good top half of the table PL manager.

Ban

I am again going to say he will do well at West Ham. I said it when he went to Sunderland as well - didn't work out. However I still strongly believe Moyes is a very good top half of the table PL manager.
Searching for the white text.

KN5

Think people need to cut him a bit of slack. Yea he was shit for us and then a bit more, but he does have years of credibility with Everton.
With a decent club with decent players like West Ham, I am sure there is a good amount to be optimistic about.
No slack, he's been terrible since Everton, why should we disregard 2 whole years? It's not as if we're talking about a couple of months here.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
After the job he did at Sunderland I wouldn't want you predicting I was going to do well in a job. You are obviously a jinx.

redshaw

David Moyes: West Ham have got themselves a cracking manager in David Moyes.

ROFLUTION

This is almost like having a new favorite team :D Even the pressers and West Ham fans are now entertaining to watch.

Imagine them going down on last day because of Moyes :lol:

spwd

This is almost like having a new favorite team :D Even the pressers and West Ham fans are now entertaining to watch.

Imagine them going down on last day because of Moyes :lol:
It wont take him that long.