Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

I don't think he'll ever be either of those. Nunez is better coming in off the left imo. He isn't a lead the line, hold the ball up kind of striker.
Problem is that Diaz is also best coming off the left and it's definitely also Gakpo's best position - he has thrived when on the left while he usually looks like he doesn't have a clue if he's somewhere in the middle in the field. So I think Nunez needs to be in that center spot for now (which is also our thinnest position given that Klopp doesn't start Firmino that often anymore and we only have Jota as coverage there unless we wanna start Salah through the middle).

Not quite sure what to make of this guy. A lot of media going on about how he has improved after the WC break but I don't really see it yet. I can see how he's a force in attack, how he can be a headache for defenses, but he really is fecking awful in build-up and hold-up play or passing in tight spaces.

I can easily see him becoming a 20+ PL goals player for us in the next few years, but he doesn't look like he has the tools to become the new Torres or Suarez for us, unfortunately.

From what I've seen so far he's more like a better version of Divock Origi.

When Liverpool have everybody fit I'd expect them to start Diaz, Gakpo and Salah, with Nunez, Jota and Firmino in reserve. It's a pretty strong set of attackers to have, arguably the best strength in depth in the league.

From what I've seen so far he's more like a better version of Divock Origi.

When Liverpool have everybody fit I'd expect them to start Diaz, Gakpo and Salah, with Nunez, Jota and Firmino in reserve. It's a pretty strong set of attackers to have, arguably the best strength in depth in the league.

That's a ridiculous statement. You don't drop your best xG player. You might laugh at such stats but professional football people literally make a living out of advice based from them.

Plus, Nunez offers killer pace. And that pace is with purpose, not like with Adama Traore. The front three is easily Diaz Nunez Salah.

That's a ridiculous statement. You don't drop your best xG player.

Narrator: Liverpool did, in fact, drop their best xG player.

And of course, there's barely a peep in the media that Liverpool's €100m striker is now their third choice left winger when everybody is fit.

Narrator: Liverpool did, in fact, drop their best xG player.

And of course, there's barely a peep in the media that Liverpool's €100m striker is now their third choice left winger when everybody is fit.

He's no 100m+ signings like Maguire and Sancho so he probably gets a pass. Seeing as he's actually been injured and getting reinjured when played often. You know, fachts like that.

He's no 100m+ signings like Maguire and Sancho so he probably gets a pass. Seeing as he's actually been injured and getting reinjured when played often. You know, fachts like that.

Including today, you lot have played six games this month, and he's been on the bench for five of them.

If that isn't being dropped, nobody in the history of football has been dropped.

Including today, you lot have played six games this month, and he's been on the bench for five of them.

If that isn't being dropped, nobody in the history of football has been dropped.

Injury, returning, easing back in, blah, blah. Don't overwork your pretty head.

So looking at sky sports Sancho cost a FIXED FEE one off price of £73m!!! :eek: :eek: Where's the media coverage?

So far Liverpool have paid only £64m for Darwin. I'm sure Darwin has played more times for Liverpool in 3 months, and scored more goals, than Sancho has in almost TWO years. Faaacking hell! Media? Hello?

They aren't playing him so they don't have to pay any more for him. Can't hit those easy add on targets if he doesn't get on the pitch!

Besides winning a very soft pen, I don’t think he put a foot right tonight. Could be seeing a lot of the bench next season with Diaz back, Gakpo improving and Jota also looking decent.

14 goals and 4 assists this season in around 1900 mins. Could reasonably get close to 20 goals and 6-7 assists. Not bad for a supposed flop.

1 goal in the last 10 games. Not bad for a supposed flop.

First in the PL in non-penalty xg plus xa per 90 minutes.

Just behind Denis Undav among those with 10+ games, and just ahead of Iheanacho among those who’ve played 20+. Obviously a real marker of class.

Last edited:

Just behind Denis Undav among those with 10+ games, and just ahead of Iheanacho among those who’ve played 20+. Obviously a real marker of class.
It’s the Morata defence. Not being good enough to start means his minutes falls away, so one goal in 9 games but those games are 10 minute cameos means he good enough for a goal a game. Extrapolated means he could surpass Rashford

That's a ridiculous statement. You don't drop your best xG player. You might laugh at such stats but professional football people literally make a living out of advice based from them.

Plus, Nunez offers killer pace. And that pace is with purpose, not like with Adama Traore. The front three is easily Diaz Nunez Salah.

Do you still think that ' When Liverpool have everybody fit I'd expect them to start Diaz, Gakpo and Salah' is a ridiculous statement?

Liverpool's results have improved since they benched Nunez.

Do you still think that ' When Liverpool have everybody fit I'd expect them to start Diaz, Gakpo and Salah' is a ridiculous statement?

Liverpool's results have improved since they benched Nunez.

Yeah Darwin has been atrocious so far. Diaz is easily our best forward for now. A brilliant Mane replacement albeit fecking injury prone unlike Mane. And Gakpo is proving a revelation.

But saying all that, Darwin needs an injury free summer where he learns to pass a ball properly. Once he's got that he should become undroppable because his pace is scary.

Yeah Darwin has been atrocious so far. Diaz is easily our best forward for now. A brilliant Mane replacement albeit fecking injury prone unlike Mane. And Gakpo is proving a revelation.

But saying all that, Darwin needs an injury free summer where he learns to pass a ball properly. Once he's got that he should become undroppable because his pace is scary.

I don't disagree, but pace does not make a player. Adama Traore has scary pace, Walcott had scary pace, Agbonlahor had scary pace.

He came off the bench and played less than 30 mins in over half of those games.

Look I’m not that invested in this. Totally fine by me if people consider him a flop but 15 goals and 4 assists is not a terrible return. If I could get that kind of production out of Havertz, I would consider it a pretty good season.

He'd need an endless summer.

Look I’m not that invested in this. Totally fine by me if people consider him a flop but 15 goals and 4 assists is not a terrible return. If I could get that kind of production out of Havertz, I would consider it a pretty good season.
They're Fellani numbers.

Werner-esque

ddBNhuM.jpg

Last season Havertz scored 14 goals and had 6 assists in all competitions (47 games) and he was still shit. Not as shit as he's been this season but shit either way.

Seeing as this is Nunez' first season at Liverpool I would think there's still hope he can kick on next season but it's by no means a certainty.

Last season Havertz scored 14 goals and had 6 assists in all competitions (47 games) and he was still shit. Not as shit as he's been this season but shit either way.

Seeing as this is Nunez' first season at Liverpool I would think there's still hope he can kick on next season but it's by no means a certainty.

He was streaky. I haven’t followed Nunez enough to know if he’s same but most of Havertz goals came in short bursts. He had a little purple patch around the turn of the year when Tuchel dropped Lukaku. Anyway last season was a pretty decent season for Havertz.

Nunez over Gakpo? Great! Hope that's what Klopp is also thinking next season.

Yeah but to be fair there’s a reason for that. After the game against us he played 60 mins as they lost to Bournemouth without scoring. Another 60 against Madrid when they couldn’t score. Subbed for the next game and then comes back in for 80 mins against Chelsea, goalless. They’ve unequivocally been more of a threat when he’s been on the bench.

The Caf informed me that this guy was going to get good at some point.

Can we have an updated estimate on when that might happen?
Based on the trajectory in his previous club, next season (which would be his 2nd).
He need to cut his hair though, it's more atrocious than his form.
And stick to black boots, he seem to play well in them.

He was better than Haaland at points in the season, like 29-31 July 2022.

Didn’t that also coincide with Thiago being dropped? (or injured, can’t remember) Another player who gets a lot of praise yet consistently seems to make his team worse.

This season Thiago joined Keita and Ox as our most reliable injured players, i.e. you could reliably guarantee they were not available due to injury. Shocking availability from him. :(

So glad Ox and Keita are finally off our books !! We'll be signing another two midfielders for sure.

This season Thiago joined Keita and Ox as our most reliable injured players, i.e. you could reliably guarantee they were not available due to injury. Shocking availability from him. :(

So glad Ox and Keita are finally off our books !! We'll be signing another two midfielders for sure.
Ox, Keita, Milner and Frimino all leaving on a free won’t help Liverpool compete for the NET SPEND cup this year.

Keira’s leaving on a free? Ouch. That’s gotta hurt. One of their most expensive signings of the last decade.
Iirc they also paid a fee to reserve the right to negotiate first or something. £65m is a huge amount. But since its not United you will not hear a squeak from the media about it.

Iirc they also paid a fee to reserve the right to negotiate first or something. £65m is a huge amount. But since its not United you will not hear a squeak from the media about it.

He's no Pogba, that's for sure. Sold for £9m, bought for £90m, then let go again. :lol:

But yeah, Keita. Worse signing of the decade. :(:)