Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Fighter

For all the talk of their immaculate scouting klopp sure likes players who show up against them , it has worked most of the time but hopefully they start getting most of it wrong from now on.

Anyway it's still pre season so we're being too harsh on the lad bit he sure hasn't done himself any favors with those performances .

I haven't seen him but a Liverpool supporting colleague has described him in his pre season performances as making Lukaku look like Messi.

Hopefully this will be as good as he gets until he discovers he has asthma obviously

He will score goals, like Lukaku does but he seems fundamentally flawed technically. I don't think he'll ever look like a polished forward.

If Liverpool create space for him to operate he will be effective and can score goals. But that will force them to change their high press tactics which I doubt.

Player need to improve lot especially ball controlling ability in tight space to be effective in their existing system.

Definitely curious to see how he does.

I don't doubt he'd be very effective in the right side. But given his evident technical flaws, the fact that he seemed to overperform last season in terms of finishing to an unsutainable degree and the large fee Liverpool then paid for him which was no doubt inflated by that seemingly unsustainable form, I find it hard to see him being an unqualified success. But maybe he'll absolutely smash it and prove me wrong.

Liverpool fans getting emotional about this lad getting a-bit of stick is absolutely hilarious :lol:

Let's be honest, he could have been be our dream FW signing this summer.

His movement and runs seem excellent to be honest. He’s also big and fast, his technique might not be the best, but if he gets to a good start I’m sure he’ll score plenty. On the other hand if he continues to struggle once the real games start it could be a long season for him.

He reminds me of a Morientes signing, all hype but no substance.

Who exactly is he replacing? Hes doesnt seem to be any better than Firminio, Mane is laughable. Don't think he is an upgrade on any player in the front 3. I know its preseason but still, he has already given so many fail clips in the space of a week.

I've been saying so for months.
Liverpool fecked up with this one.
Portugese Benteke.

Similar to Barcelona buying Zlatan.

An attempt to create a plan B with a player who doesn't fit in the system that made them successful in the first place.

Young player in a new league, shouldn’t be judged for at least 12 months. Or so I was told about Sancho.
Why do people keep comparing this guy to Sancho? The only young player in world football who had outperformed Sancho when we signed him was Mbappé (and only barely at that). A bit of a contrast to a guy who had one good season statistically and never passed the eye test.

A better comparison would be Drogba who also only had 1 good season behind him when he signed for Chelsea for big money and had a poor first season for them. Obviously he came good, but Drogba had fantastic fundamentals even when he wasn't firing. The ball seems to ricochet off Nunez whereas Drogba was a one man army.

Watching again his shots were all on goal. Just need to adjust a little bit and will start scoring. Was very dangerous for someone who was not playing well. He probably will never fit in their style perfectly, but i don't think he's going to flop.

Liverpool fans getting emotional about this lad getting a-bit of stick is absolutely hilarious :lol:
I just keep seeing Liverpool fans getting rattled and keep comforting themselves with “It’s pre-season”. I don’t understand why they are getting so rattled then if it’s just pre-season.

What they should be more concerned about is Nunez actually reacting to the online mocking. If he’s getting triggered after just 2 pre season games, he’s going to have a melt down when the season starts.

A better comparison would be Drogba who also only had 1 good season behind him when he signed for Chelsea for big money and had a poor first season for them. Obviously he came good, but Drogba had fantastic fundamentals even when he wasn't firing. The ball seems to ricochet off Nunez whereas Drogba was a one man army.

The threads about Drogba from that time period are a good laugh in hindsight.

I never seen a bigger pile of shit in my life. I can't stand watching him, people go on about how bad Darren Fletcher an dPhil Neville are but this cnut takes the cake. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't control, can't pass, can't stay onside but somehow he scores. He's probably on about 80k a week too

I can't believe how badly co-ordianted Drogba seems with the ball at his feet...embarrasingly so given the transfer fee. They say Sven's the luckiest manager in football...Drogba has got to be the luckiest striker. If Morewhino has got any sense he'll try to offload him and Crespo before the end of the window and buy Owen. Owen would surely suit Chelsea's 'hoof it long and chase it' tactic.

Yesterday was one of the shabbiest Footballing displays by any player, in any game, ever.

Absolutely fecking abysmal he was, I felt like crying everytime he touched the ball. 'Adapting' my arse, if you spend £25 million quid you expect a better performance in big games than the one who trolled out yesterday. Disgraceful, stick Plech is a Chelsea shirt and he could have done a better job up top last night. Pathetic, stinking, wretched, pathetic. cnut.

I mean what can he do.. he doesnt score goals, he does even test the keeper, pretty useless with the ball at feet, doesnt contribute to the buildup.. what a fecking waste of space. Just face it and get ready for him to be replaced. I do think hel get better but i dont understand why the 24 million and all the hype.

24 million.

Strong, quite quick, decent enough lump up front.

Apart from that he's shite.

Wouldn't get a game for United, Arsenal, Liverpool or even Newcastle.

That and he's one hell of a moaning annoying cnut, cut you hair you twat, and shut your lip.

Last edited: