Darts

Have always liked this tournament. Far more interesting than the many first to x legs matchplay copies of The Matchplay.

Anderson has not shown up so far at all. Played off the park by De Decker.

3-0 whitewash with a 160 checkout at a crucial moment in the third set, great play by Mike.

Wades interview afterwards. :lol: when he can be arsed he’s oddly captivating.

it was such a boring night of darts yesterday, hope it's better today

Love the darts but just cannot get into this format with the double start. I know it is good for upsets but you just don’t seem to get great games like the normal formats.

Love the darts but just cannot get into this format with the double start. I know it is good for upsets but you just don’t seem to get great games like the normal formats.
Same, I only follow the sport for a short while but don't like it too much. Less 9-darters and so many of the legs are decided early on, you miss the double in the first couple of throws and the leg is just so one sided.

Really looking forward to the QFs tonight. The grandson over in his Dad's so get to watch it live and in peace. Not the lineup anyone predicted but great to see different players and did say it really is Humphries vs anyone else you can make a case for.

Same, I only follow the sport for a short while but don't like it too much. Less 9-darters and so many of the legs are decided early on, you miss the double in the first couple of throws and the leg is just so one sided.
There have been a fair few epics, eg Humphries-Bunting, Asp-Joyce, Smith-Anderson, plus a few other entertaining games.

Played Martin Adams in an exhibition, had a dart at Bull to win, hit a 17, came back with 33 left thought anywhere at the bottom and give myself 2 darts at a double, but no hot fecking T17 to bust it, Martin Adams goes 10 Bull

Not to the same extent as vs Humphries in a final a few months ago but taking long on throw.
Slowed it down to nearly Suljovic standards.

Cullen would be walking back and VDB would still be faced away from the board drinking water - was multiple times a leg.

Awful to watch.
Thanks but why would that be shithousery and why does that?

Played Martin Adams in an exhibition, had a dart at Bull to win, hit a 17, came back with 33 left thought anywhere at the bottom and give myself 2 darts at a double, but no hot fecking T17 to bust it, Martin Adams goes 10 Bull
Always liked Adams personally but I was on a darts forum maybe 10 years ago and absolutely everyone on there hated him with a passion.

Think they called him ‘spineless’ guessing as he never went to the PDC

I don't drink myself but seen the price of a pint at 8stg to 9.50 stg and for 2pints combined no value 18 or 19 stg That's extortion but they're paying it and probably on the beer all day. Some money all the same.

Last edited:
Van Den Bergh really up against it here. Just has to come back out and start getting in. De Dekker getting in quicker and doubling out.

VdB looks so much better when he plays faster and gets in a rhythm. That slowing down nonsense hurts him imo.

VdB looks so much better when he plays faster and gets in a rhythm. That slowing down nonsense hurts him imo.
115 set average. Was a blistering set with the 170 and De Decker 120 bull finish. It's going to be some fireworks. If VdB gets in a rhythm as you say I think he wins it.

Delighted for De Decker. He played so much better than VdB. Absolutely nothing got to him just looks so relaxed.