Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

I rather we didnt have lads on, Wilshire/Babel etc are just a bunch of vocal pricks that smear the name of their club.

Pretty damning stuff, that.

Indeed.

I hate the way he is always the scape-goat, even when his team-mates are stinking up the place too but he's done himself no favours with his own performances. He's actually decent enough on the ball but - as those stats show - it's what he does when he doesn't have the ball that just isn't good enough.

Barring a dramatic up-turn in form over the next couple of months, I doubt he'll be here next season.

Much credit to Carrick for the amount of interceptions, an aspect of his game that is genuinely world class. Don't think it really tells us anything we didn't know about Gibson.

I feel that leading to the tail end of the season, Gibson is one gamble Sir Alex cannot make. I would hesitate to include him in our reserve team, much less the first.

Probably between 4-6m at a guess... can see him being replaced by Matty James/ Fabio/Cleverly/Morrison next season.

I agree with your Gibson evaluation. And I am VERY excited to see Morrison start getting first team showings. He's got that the fecking rare thing, 'x factor' or whatever you wanna call it. Some of the skill he can produce is outrageous and once he gets to the level where he can pull it off regularly in the PL (which I firmly believe he will) he'll be an absolute star.

He just needs to keep his head down and really knuckle down on improving his all 'round game.

What! £6M gets you Makoun or Sessegnon

We always get a decent price for our young players. United education, UCL experience, experience of winning things = hiked value.

Also the players you mention have had just 1 prem appearance thus far.

We always get a decent price for our young players. United education, UCL experience, experience of winning things = hiked value.

Also the players you mention have had just 1 prem appearance thus far.

Well that is because Makoun and Sessegon are playing their first season in the Premiership. Gibson has been in England longer and yet he has played only 26 league games FOR UNITED. So in 3 years, Gibson has only played 26 games.

2.50 and a free trip to Malaga.

I don't see any half decent club wanting poor owl Darren.
But yeah maybe 2 million max

Missed him big time today. We seem to leak so many goals without him in the team this season. He misses the City game too...*shudders*

Devils Advocate;9264074[B said:
]Despite the fact he missed most of the run of clean sheets 2 years ago?[/B] It's a big blow but you're such a whining little dramaqueen it's untrue.

Thats a complete myth that has been disproven time and again.

You really think we can win the league without Rio from now until the end of the season? If so, you overrate Evans and Smalling or underrate Rio.

Oh sorry, yeah we'll completely collapse with one player missing. What a fecking dildo.

Oh sorry, yeah we'll completely collapse with one player missing. What a fecking dildo.
And yeah, I did say that. Good one Devils. But you think we will win the league if Rio would miss the rest of the season?

And we have already collapse once when Rio was suspended in 03/04.

It's not just that Rio would be missing. If we lose any key player we would be in deep trouble, as would other top teams. We need every one fit.

And yeah, I did say that. Good one Devils. But you think we will win the league if Rio would miss the rest of the season?

You asked whether we could win the league if Rio is out for the rest of the season and that, if I did, I over rate Evans/Smalling or under rate Rio. So you did effectively say that, yes.

It'll be more difficult without Rio but it smacks of hysteria to suggest we won't win the league just because Rio is out. You have little faith if you write off our chances cos of one injury. It's fair to say it makes it harder but that's obvious - it doesn't mean we just roll over and die.

It's like everyone is watching their first season of football whenever anything adverse happens to us. I bet half the people in the matchday thread tried to reset their tv at full-time so they could play the wolves game again and maintain the unbeaten run.

It's not just that Rio would be missing. If we lose any key player we would be in deep trouble, as would other top teams. We need every one fit.

And now you're comparing this squad with the 03/04 squad? Haha. Brilliant.