Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Gibson has the potential to be one of the best players from our academy. All foreign players are great and British ones are crap?!!

His passing range is fantastic; shoots like thunder and works hard to get around the pitch like a gazelle. Has the vision of a Scholes. He just need a few games to get his match fitness.

Clearly you are on a WUM, if not, take 2 aspirin and lie down for a couple of hours.

I think gibson is going through what charlie adams did at rangers...not have the playing time to flourish his true potential. I think working with someone like holloway at blackpool would do him the world of good.

Gibson has all the attributes, maybe just half-a-yard too slow, to be a fantastic midfield general. Is he good enough for a top 4 team? Many thought adams wasn't but the two biggest clubs in england are after him...rumour has it!

Gibson has the potential to be one of the best players from our academy. All foreign players are great and British ones are crap?!!

His passing range is fantastic; shoots like thunder and works hard to get around the pitch like a gazelle. Has the vision of a Scholes. He just need a few games to get his match fitness.

:lol: Are we watching the same player?

With every outing his transfer fee shrinks more and more :(

If we had sold him in the summer, we might have gotten something, what with his misplaced reputation of having a good shot. But now, I'd be surprised if anyone gave us 3mil quid for him.

I have noticed in the past couple of games that he is also getting very frustrated with himself(I think). Which in itself really doesn't help you lift your game.

Unless things change quite dramatically between now and May I can't see him being with us after the summer tbh. It's always a shame when a youth player with so much potential doesn't make it. :(

:lol: when I saw this quoted I thought it was something posted a couple of years back

patience has got to be running out with this bland bland player surely?

He has been playing quite a bit recently and looked a bit jaded against Southampton. If he stays he will become an important squad player like O`Shea and if he goes he will do very well at a club outside the top 6. He will improve no doubt but probably not enough to ever make it as a first teamer here!

What? The vision of Scholes? A gazelle? Are you mad?

He's not British by the way.

feckin hell :wenger:

Gibson had to be taken off in the last 2 games because of the formation/tactics & experimenting that didn't work out, none of our players for both 1st halves against Blackpool & Southampton were performing it wasn't just Gibson, i doubt if it was Carrick that was playing the role Gibson had too, that he would have done much better & just like Gibson, Carrick too would have had to be taken off.

But when there is no experimenting going on he has been just as impressive as those around him, Birmingham, Rangers, Bayern, Spurs..... i think he just fell foul to the experimenting that Fergie himself admitted too went wrong in the last two games. Up until he was pulled off in the last two games i think a lot of people are going way way over the top when describing how bad he performed, i think he used the ball quite well when he received it, did a lot of covering at the back while at the same time making himself available in the final third.

I find it a real pity that when he actually did get a bit of a run (3 starts) that the latter two games were used as formation & tactical experiments.

You mad bastard! That's the funniest thing I've read on here in ages

Scholes vision?? Gazelle?

Please tell me you were drunk when you wrote this

Come on man, I love the guy and I'll defend him when he needs defending but... :lol:

Last night he tracked someone on the edge of the box, then all of a sudden he stopped and just stood there watching him, as the opp guy ran a further few yards across the face of our box before getting a shot off. The only way that would have been Gazelle like would have been if he had started eating the grass on the pitch.

:lol:

In answer to the original question NO AND NEVER WILL BE,Why we did not try to sign a player like van der vart is beyond me.Our midfield is our achlies heel,we might gat away with it this year and win the domestic league.There is now way we can win the champions league.not with that midfied,for years our midfield was our strong area,but now we really do need to sign some quality to replace the ginger one and giggsy,they cannot go on for ever.

1222361778370.jpg

One of the best players from our academy? In what time span? I try not to give players a hard time but for me he is outstandingly mediocre!

Passing range FANTASTIC (feck right off), shoots like thunder well goals are made of metal so why does he rarely hit the target? Works hard to get around the pitch like a gazelle (no point here) and has the vision of Scholes (...)
Can't see no white text so I'm assuming someone will walk into my bedroom and tell me I have been punked moments after responding!

Come on man, I love the guy and I'll defend him when he needs defending but... :lol:

Last night he tracked someone on the edge of the box, then all of a sudden he stopped and just stood there watching him, as the opp guy ran a further few yards across the face of our box before getting a shot off. The only way that would have been Gazelle like would have been if he had started eating the grass on the pitch.

There is no way this is real.

:lol: gazelle

He isnt good enough and it has been clear for a long time, every time he plays this thread feels up with posts, the only way for him to decrease the activity in this thread is to not play.

I remember olly saying hes like a ferrari,but sometimes its difficult to get the engine started.

@RobbieSavage8 pipe down before I slap u with 1 of Nevs medals...!!! Actually u might enjoy it as u aint ever felt one yet!

Possibly the best tweet in history, how long until the club force him to shut it down, sweepstake anyone?

I thought they banned all social networking , they're not even allowed to sign stuff anymore?

@RobbieSavage8 pipe down before I slap u with 1 of Nevs medals...!!! Actually u might enjoy it as u aint ever felt one yet!

Possibly the best tweet in history, how long until the club force him to shut it down, sweepstake anyone?

I thought they banned all social networking , they're not even allowed to sign stuff anymore?

Already been discussed many times here mate - the common consensus is that the club has OK'd it and he's here to stay.

Only for our Youths, iirc.

Charni Ekangamene and Gyliano van Velzen have accounts.

Then I must have misheard it then. But there was definitely something about some of our players not being allowed social networking...