Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

People are taking Rio's tweets far to seriously. He's just having a laugh, bit of banter with his friends and fans.

I really couldn't care less if he comes across a bit dim at times because of the odd bad joke and his text speak. He's a centreback for christ sake, not poet laureate.

Where has Evil Carrick disappeared to?

Thought Fergie said he'd get more game time this season. If he doesn't step up to be atleast a bit part player by the end of the season then surely that's the end of his time here?

He is a bit wank tbh.
Would have liked him to get more chances too but to be frank he never really impressed me when he was on the pitch. Surely got a nice shot on him, but well...

Where has Evil Carrick disappeared to?

Thought Fergie said he'd get more game time this season. If he doesn't step up to be atleast a bit part player by the end of the season then surely that's the end of his time here?

I think Fergie said before the West Ham game that he'd have played but for a groin injury, so perhaps that's still a problem.

Needs to hit the gym.

Needs to watch film on Carrick and learn about positioning.

He has a great shot.

I think he can be usefull if he improves the weak sides of his game.

He should go on loan and play every week.

I like shooters. If we had a Lampard type player it would improve us a lot.

Missed an Ireland game in mid November when his 18 month old daughter was admitted to hospital. I'd say football isn't high on his priorities right now, nor should it be.

Think he's back in training, and it seems Evie Gibson recovered.

has restricted chances for our young 'uns.

This is the problem. Gibson isn't a "young 'un". He's older than Anderson for example. Really feel he is at an age that if he isn't playing 20-25 games a year then he'll be gone next summer.

(If his daughter is still ill, then most importantly hope she recovers and does well soon)

Regardless of what has gone on in his life outside of football, I don't think he would have got much of a chance and even if he did - not sure he would have taken it.

Just the impression I get from watching him play - he doesn't seem to have that drive a player like him should have. When he gets on the pitch, for as few chances as he gets, he needs to show a lot more initiative. Needs to at least give the impression of having a sense of urgency about him and for me he doesn't.

Not sure what his outside of normal training regiment is but, not just for him but, any player, they should be putting that extra time in the gym and pitch to get that extra edge. For me he looks like someone that could benefit from slimming down a bit and gaining some strength and even speed.

He has talent - can pass well and obviously that strike he has in him - just needs to supplement that with a lot more energy when he gets his chances.

hargo back after his visit to canada
\o/
bench against sunderland
starting on the 28th
:drool:

So Gibson starts tonight?

To be honest, I think it's now or never for the lad. I think that he'll be sold in the summer unless he does something very good between now and then, which will be very hard considering he is well down the list in terms of midfielders.

Anyway, tonight is the perfect time for him to show what he can do.