Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Can anyone list the goals he scored for us? I remember the Bayern one as posted above, what was the other European goal?

I wish him all the best. I never had a major issue with Gibson. He certainly did not deserve the abuse he received from many of our fans.

Never going to be good enough for us though.

I would worry for him that he may find it hard to get into the Everton midfield. Perhaps he should not have said "now I will playing every week" in his interview earlier

Good luck to him and I think he'll show with regular first team football, he can be a real asset to Everton.

Good luck to him and I think he'll show with regular first team football, he can be a real asset to Everton.

I agree. I've always maintained that even though his form was awful last year I wanted us to keep him. He has something about him that I like. Plus, if we could have got the best out of him, a goal scoring midfield player is a rare commodity.

When he first burst onto the scene and banged a few long shots in, I had high hopes that he'd secure a midfield spot for us. Never really lived up to it since then. Everton are about the right level for him, so good move all round I reckon. Hope we got a few mil for him. Nothing worse than "undesclosed fee" :(

1326457865-mpm-gibson1.jpg

He said: "I'm not going to lie, I was very frustrated at Manchester United.

"It was hard for me at times because I think, when I did get the chance, I did well and then was getting left out again afterwards. Playing one or two games here and there is very frustrating.

Unfortunately for you, Gibbo, what you think doesnt matter, the manager obviously disagreed.

Still, all the best.

He'll probably score 30goals from now to the end of the season, single handledy drag Everton into a champions league spot and move to City for 80 million...and still not get on ahead of Keith Andrew in the euros.

This is a good move for him. He's clearly a good player and I think regular games will do wonders for him and he'll have a very good tutor in Cahill. My only concern with him going is due to the injuries. I think we needed all the midfielders we had and even if he wasn't going to play often having him as a fall back for the season would have been a bonus. But oh well it's down now and I hope he settles in there well.

Best of luck to him. Can see him doing very well for Everton and becoming a fan favourite!

I don't think he's at the level of Howard or Neville, who went straight in as first choices for Everton. Will be interesting to see how many games he gets, and how he does.

He's probably made the right move. He won't be a guaranteed starter at Everton, but he could certainly fight for a first team place anyway. Moyes will probably get the very best out of him. I think that Gibson will show what he really is. A decent Premier League midfielder who can make it at a decent Premier League club. Nothing more; nothing less.