Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Opta Joe:
4 - Just four of Darron Gibson's last 28 shots in the Premier League have been on target, with none of them resulting in goals. Blast.

Tah-rah.

Sorry buddy, i should have elaborated. This deal would be made to pave the way for the rodwell deal, this in turn would reduce the chances of the younger midfielders at the club. When set against the background of the recent Pogba and Morrison speculation this leads to the conclusion as stated in my previous post. Hope that all makes sense, let me know if you need any further information.

ffs!!!

:lol::lol:

Oh no... now we truly know that he will not be good enough for United. :(

It only took the Caf nearly 6,000 responses to finally come to the conclusion SAF probably decided a year ago. I wonder what it says about us?

;)

Best of luck to him.
Was subjected to unncessary hate from some of our fans for no fault of his.

Everton seems to be a good choice for our out of favour players to go. He'll do well, score some smashing goals, set up some for Saha...

Good luck, Gibbo.

He got a 4,5 year deal as well, not bad at all.

Good luck. Always nice to see our players staying in the league.

Best of luck to him.
Was subjected to unncessary hate from some of our fans for no fault of his.

Just because a section of fans don't rate him it doesn't mean there is any hate involved. Good luck to him.

Just because a section of fans don't rate him it doesn't mean there is any hate involved. Good luck to him.

There is. I'm on RI, and the thread for him is full of vile.

I heard £2.5M for this, surely he must be worth more than that?

He ain't that bad a player really, he's still young & hasn't reached his full potential yet. When you look at some of the fees going round, its a real steal.

Is it because his contract had nearly run out?

Good luck to him anyway, a bargain buy...

I think the 'hate' stemmed from the frustration that Fergie was trying to play a player who clearly would never be good enough instead of actually addressing the midfield area with a signing or two.

How much would he be on a week, caftards?

I had trials for Everton before and fecked up my knee during them so couldn't get anywhere.

feck sake, I could be playing alongside Darron Gibson :(.

Good luck for the lad.
Darron Gibson joins Everton

Midfielder Darron Gibson has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with Everton for an undisclosed fee.

The Republic of Ireland international, now 24, made his Manchester United debut a day after his 18th birthday, in a League Cup third round tie against Barnet in October 2005.

Gibson went on to play 60 times for the Reds, netting 10 goals during his Old Trafford career. Those strikes included goals against German opposition in Champions League quarter (Bayern Munich, 2010) and semi-final ties (Schalke, 2011).

A foot injury sustained last summer during pre-season kept Gibson out of first-team action until the Reds’ Carling Cup fifth round fixture against Crystal Palace on 30 November. His only other appearance in 2011/12 came on Boxing Day when Wigan Athletic visited Old Trafford.

Everybody at Manchester United wishes Gibson all the best for the future. He will wear the no.4 shirt at Goodison Park.
Hope he settles in well at Everton.

While I agree it is a bit cheap for a player who has got Champions League games, including a Semi Final under his belt I think it's a case of Ferguson looking after one of his academy players. He's been with us a long time and will have been disappointed not to have made it here.

Ferguson mentioned that Sunderland in the summer (a £4m fee I seem to recall?) offered him one deal and then came back with another and in Fergie's words "If you can't trust them on day one, what about day two and day three?". I think Ferguson would rather see one of our prospects treated well and have a good chance at carving a career than he would try to whore him out for the best deal.

At the end of the day, that can only be good for our reputation when it comes to the management of young players. Morrison and Pogba take heed.

I think £2.5 million is a bit of a steel to be honest (especially if it's only 500K upfront)... afterall, he is an International midfielder with Champions League experience, and has proven that he can (on occassion) be a very handy player.

If Moyes manages to channel him into a consistently decent performer, it'll be a fantastic bit of business for them.

He still needs a sodding Striker mind you!

£2m is more than fair when you consider he had only half a year left on his deal. That's how much Everton got for Pienaar in a similar situation last year and Pienaar was twice the player Gibson is.

Hope he does well, I think we should have kept him though as we're running out of midfielders. When Scholes leaves we will be left with Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley. I have no idea how we are going to get through the entire season with three midfielders.

£2m is more than fair when you consider he had only half a year left on his deal. That's how much Everton got for Pienaar in a similar situation last year and Pienaar was twice the player Gibson is.

Hope he does well, I think we should have kept him though as we're running out of midfielders. When Scholes leaves we will be left with Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley. I have no idea how we are going to get through the entire season with three midfielders.

Scholes is here until the end of the season. Jones can also play in MF.

Good luck to him.

Expect to have a blinder against us and score a 90th minute winner

Great move for him, I think he will now go on to prove himself a very good player who can do a good job at PL level. Delighted for the lad, didnt deserve half the stick he got

Good luck to him. I think Everton have gotten a steal. Not quite good enough for United, but he´s got enough to be a solid PL player for many years.