Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Its good news for Trappatoni. Gibson could soon become a better option than Andrews in midfiled for Ireland if he cements his place in the first team at Everton.

louis saha
Welcome to Darren Gibson. Shooooooot

:lol:

I always had great time for him when he was at Utd & couldn't really understand all the stick he used to get. I wish him all the best & look forward to keeping an eye out for him at Everton.

Good move for him.

I'll await this thread being bumped when he scores a 30 yard scorcher.

It's the most Everton have spent on a player for 3 years! :eek:

£2m is more than fair when you consider he had only half a year left on his deal. That's how much Everton got for Pienaar in a similar situation last year and Pienaar was twice the player Gibson is.

Hope he does well, I think we should have kept him though as we're running out of midfielders. When Scholes leaves we will be left with Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley. I have no idea how we are going to get through the entire season with three midfielders.

Park and Giggs will play cm if needed.

I still think it's a bit of a pointless signing for Everton, unless a midfielder is leaving.

They're crying out for a forward. In midfield they already have Rodwell, Barkley, Fellaini, Heitinga, Osman and Cahill.

I'll say again. The fee (around 2mil) is the most Everton have spent on a player in 3 years!

Remarkable.

I still think it's a bit of a pointless signing for Everton, unless a midfielder is leaving.

They're crying out for a forward. In midfield they already have Rodwell, Barkley, Fellaini, Heitinga, Osman and Cahill.

Cahill's rubbish these days, and plays as a forward half the time. A pretty useless one too. Osman's a winger isnt he?

Cahill's rubbish these days, and plays as a forward half the time. A pretty useless one too. Osman's a winger isnt he?

Cahill's far from useless but he's not had a great season. Mainly because he's being asked to play up front. Osman can play wide or centrally.

Was he really any different from our other first team midfielders.Good luck.Hope he proves doubters wrong.

Good luck to Gibson and I hope he proves his ability at Everton. They've got him for a very cheap price and in time I expect their fans to see it as a bargain. They still don't quite know how good he could be for them.

Good luck Gibson, hope Everton sort out their financial problems and Moyes leads you to more Champions League nights.

What's with all the wankers slagging him off?

He won't be missed by a lot of the fecking bell ends that have attached themselves to united by signing up here and calling themselves a supporter, but I doubt he gives a flying feck about that anyway.

He was united, he was a red, he was one of the lads.

It didn't go his way, but it wasn't for the lack of effort and a bit more backing and proper support from some of the so called reds and we might have had a different story.

I hope he has a fecking stormer at everton, all the best gibbo.

1326457865-mpm-gibson1.jpg

Darron Gibson revealed the return of Paul Scholes to Manchester United was the defining factor in exit from Old Trafford, as he was unveiled by Everton today.

The Irishman has signed at Goodison on a four-and-a half-year deal for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of #1 million after slipping down the pecking order at United.

The 25-year-old admitted to becoming "very frustrated" at United, where he believes his good performances were never rewarded with a regular run in Sir Alex Ferguson's first eleven.

Gibson, who scored 10 goals in 60 appearances for the Red Devils, said the return of Scholes against Manchester City last week signalled the end of his United career.

He said: "I'm not going to lie, I was very frustrated at Manchester United.

"It was hard for me at times because I think, when I did get the chance, I did well and then was getting left out again afterwards. Playing one or two games here and there is very frustrating.

"When Scholsey came back in the manager told me that I was free to go.

"There was a bit of interest from Everton about a month back, I knew the gaffer here wanted me in, so things have just gone from there
."

The move will give a boost to Gibson's chances of making Giovanni Trapatonni's Republic of Ireland squad for this year's European Championships.

He admitted taking the advice of international stars at both clubs, including former Everton hero Wayne Rooney, before making his mind up about the switch.

Gibson said: "I was speaking to Wazza quite a bit about it and after talking with him and coming to see the facilities here it was an easy decision for me.

"He told me it was a great club and that he really enjoyed his time here and also that he enjoyed working with the people, and that the players were great too.

"So having a word with him and with other people like Phil Neville and Tim Cahill convinced me that this move was right."

Everton now face a race to get the Irishman registered in time for their trip to Aston Villa tomorrow. David Moyes said that Gibson can be a big boost to his injury ravaged squad.

Moyes said: "We're getting a young player, someone who can pass it and who can score. He's someone who I hope and think is hungry to establish himself.

"We will try to put pressure on him to become a goalscoring midfielder with his shot. But also with his delivery, he can help us hopefully from set pieces.

"I think Darron Gibson is a really good player, there's probably half a dozen teams in the Premier League who would like to have him."

Good luck Gibbo.

Hopefully he'll get more minutes on the pitch and develop his game. He always applied himself and it's never easy to play a game here and a game there. Hope it all works out for the lad. Ultimately I just don't think he was at the right level to play for Manchester United.

Some of the comments by our so called support are a complete disgrace mind. Utter bellends of the highest order.

Good luck Gibbo.

Hopefully he'll get more minutes on the pitch and develop his game. He always applied himself and it's never easy to play a game here and a game there. Hope it all works out for the lad. Ultimately I just don't think he was at the right level to play for Manchester United.

Some of the comments by our so called support are a complete disgrace mind. Utter bellends of the highest order.

Good words london. I feel the same way about it.

Even though I had strong doubts about how good he would be for us, it was a shame we never played him more playing off the main striker like we did against Bayern in the first half of the 2nd leg. Scored a cracker and linked up well with Rooney.

I agree, it's slightly odd as they do have quite a few midfielders.

Still, for us and the player at least it's a good move, I wish him all the best and echo others who've said that the abuse he got on here and twitter was uncalled for.

I reckon he'll spend a lot of time on the bench before being moved on in a few years time.

Hope I am wrong though, always good see our former players do well, as long as they haven't acted like dicks.

Even though I had strong doubts about how good he would be for us, it was a shame we never played him more playing off the main striker like we did against Bayern in the first half of the 2nd leg. Scored a cracker and linked up well with Rooney.

and if the bloody ref hadn't got in the way, he would have had 2 goals imho

What's with all the wankers slagging him off?

He won't be missed by a lot of the fecking bell ends that have attached themselves to united by signing up here and calling themselves a supporter, but I doubt he gives a flying feck about that anyway.

He was united, he was a red, he was one of the lads.

It didn't go his way, but it wasn't for the lack of effort and a bit more backing and proper support from some of the so called reds and we might have had a different story.

I hope he has a fecking stormer at everton, all the best gibbo.

I'll go with that. Guys coming through the ranks deserve a bit more back up than Gibbo got. Hope he kicks on now. Wish him all the best.