Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Can we not close this one now and use the correct one in the footy forum?

He isn't really what everton needed. They have almost zilch creativity in midfield. The only player they have that ever looks like doing anything inventive is Drenthe. He must be a breath of fresh air to the supporters as they are used to dull uninspiring performances at the best of times. Gibson wont change anything, all it means is that Neville and Heitinga wont play in midfield anymore.

What about Osman? If you had said Osman is the only player who looks likely to create anything, i may have agreed. Surely though a competent passer in the middle, who also carries a goal threat is exactly why Moyes opted to sign Gibson.

Everton's problem is scoring goals. They have very little creativity and Osman apart no-one to provide anything through the middle. Gibson will only help to alleviate that problem. Give him time FFS, he has only played one game or so.

He might not have quite been good enough to make it here, but neither are the vast majority of players. He is not shit as many suggest and i feel he will be a decent signing for Everton once he settles down, gets some games and a bit of confidence.

And don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone...

Well in Gibbo. At least you were useful for something, even if it wasn't while you were here.

i shouldve watched thsi match, i tuned in for the last 5 mins and the atmosphere was incredible.

My gift to Gibbo

b097a0f7c78e3bfb7a9564fed1c3fd87_width_640x.jpg

I don't think Reds ever sung his name that loud before.

Moyes maniacal look at the final whistle was great. Moyes is a Red

Is there time to sell someone to Fulham in the next hour ? They are playing City next arent they ?

Maybe he can open a twitter account without getting slaughtered now.

Think it might have been Dzeko who got tackled around the halfway line - he just sat there until Gibbo scored. :lol:

Maybe he can open a twitter account without getting slaughtered now.

Nope, a few mopes on here would rather City get their point back, rather than praise Gibson.

Seriously though guys, how often do Man Utd fans get the chance to help their team out in the way Man Utd fan Darron Gibson did tonight?