Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

I presume Moyes is getting prepared for selling Rodwell and possibly Bilayeletdinov.

There were a few comments saying Gibson was a down payment for Rodwell or Barkley. I was surprised to read not many posters regard Rodwell highly.

Well you didn't want to make a big salary commitment to a player you wanted shot off. Fees at this end of the market are dwarfed by the salaries these days. Gibson represents a £15M spend for Everton if that's a 5-year contract.

I dont know much about the wages of players. Most of the time they seem to be speculative numbers, but indeed if Gibson's wage demands exceeded what the club was willing to pay him for his expected services in the upcoming years, then thats another reason to let him go. Still, his place in the squad leaves a void that will have to be filled by another player who will also have to be paid wages..

Friendlytramp's doing that thing again where he pretends he knows what's going on behind the scenes, when in reality he's sitting in his bedsit in his dirty y-fronts ogling pictures of Xena the Warrior Princess.

Sorry buddy, i should have elaborated. This deal would be made to pave the way for the rodwell deal, this in turn would reduce the chances of the younger midfielders at the club. When set against the background of the recent Pogba and Morrison speculation this leads to the conclusion as stated in my previous post. Hope that all makes sense, let me know if you need any further information.

How did this guy get the reputation of being a genuine ITK :lol:

There were a few comments saying Gibson was a down payment for Rodwell or Barkley. I was surprised to read not many posters regard Rodwell highly.

I don't think many Everton fans would be too bothered to be shot of Rodwell if they got £20m for him, but that may be down to their desperate need for a striker.

How is £1.5M good for us?

Its not a good deal for United. We get close to nothing for a player we have spent many years on developing. Its a good deal for Gibson and Everton.

He's out of contract in the summer - we were hardly in a good position to get a higher fee, especially considering how little Gibson has shown. I think it's a pretty decent fee for both United and Everton.

I've yet to see what the hype's about, looks like another Henderson to me.

Good luck to Darron, I'd have liked to have kept here until the Summer but his mind is most likely on the Euro's and I don't think he's going to get in the squad by staying here.

Those claiming we'll get a replacement in January - we did - Scholesy.

Sorry buddy, i should have elaborated. This deal would be made to pave the way for the rodwell deal, this in turn would reduce the chances of the younger midfielders at the club. When set against the background of the recent Pogba and Morrison speculation this leads to the conclusion as stated in my previous post. Hope that all makes sense, let me know if you need any further information.

Ah yes, this of course means Rodwell to United. Why oh why should we doubt you eh?

Excellent signing for Everton if it goes through. They're in dire need of some new faces, and Gibson as much as our supposed 'fans' love to hate him, is a perfectly good midfielder.

He's the victim of an era where players are expected to be as consistent as video game versions of themselves. A lot of you saying hes 'nowhere near good enough' and 'not United class' .... I'd have him over Anderson in midfield next to Carrick any day.

He's not really though is he? I mean he wasn't even getting games a few weeks back when we only had Carrick available. That really says it all.

He's to lazy for me, and when he does decide to move he's just not mobile enough.

I'm glad in a way, bored of attacks breaking down because he's decided to hit row z anytime he's within 50 yards of the goals.

£1.5 mil rising to £2 mil is the best deal we could of got for someone who's only got 6 months left on his contract.

Well you didn't want to make a big salary commitment to a player you wanted shot off. Fees at this end of the market are dwarfed by the salaries these days. Gibson represents a £15M spend for Everton if that's a 5-year contract.

Rumoured to be a 4 year contract @ 30/40k a week.

Im 100% sure there was another thread where someone said that he was an ITK and that he got most stuff right. "He works on Carrington" or something like that.

Not that I know of. He is a punchline and always has been. Unless it was someone taking the piss which is very likely.

Didn't they have to get rid of Beckford because he was on £40k a week?

I also think it's too much. I reckon the rumours are based on his failed transfer to Sunderland. In Everton's financial plight I can't see Gibson getting anywhere near 40K.

That's a lot of money for a squad player salary. I'd be surprised if those numbers are accurate.

Those claiming we'll get a replacement in January - we did - Scholesy.

Just leaves Fletcher's spot... Yeah, I know, it won't happen.

Not surprised we're willing to sell. Hasn't got a future and last chance to get some money for him. We might need him for a few matches by the time the season ends, but Fergie won't keep him for that possibility

Will be a good signing for Everton and I wish him the best. It does make me wonder if we have someone coming in to replace him

Paul-scholes-scratching-his-head_Reuters.jpg

For all the stuff FT says, what's his track record? I've seen people say he's a genuine ITK. I havent been in the mains long enough to know.

Who the hell told you that?!

Did Alec just text you the details?

I presume Moyes is getting prepared for selling Rodwell and possibly Bilayeletdinov.

You had to google that for spelling, didn't you?

I'm happy that Gibson's move is going through this time. He was stuck in a strange situation with us when he really deserved to be getting on with his career.

I also don't believe that Scholes back in and Gibson out truly improves our midfield situation right now. But with other youngsters starting to make appearances on the bench I hope they are given the opportunities we gave to him. It's their turn to breakthrough now. In the meanwhile I think we'll survive until the summer so long as the absentees return and the rest stay fit.