Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

I'd say us wanting to sell him pretty much made it clear he doesn't have a future with us.

Not really, no. There is a difference between accepting a bid for a player and saying that you are never going to feature in this team again.

O'Shea is a prime example for Fergie accepting a bid, but at the same time (I'm sure) not saying he has no future at the club if he wishes to stay. I'm sure it was the same with P.Nev.

Great signing for Everton and a good price all round. He looked quite promising a few years back but hasn't kicked on. I think he'll do well with a new start and Everton's a good club.

He's in Liverpool right now.........medical time.

The transfer will be perfect tomorrow.

4 1/2 years contract.

He'll be a fantastic signing for Everton IMO.

He'll probably do what the rest of Everton's new signings do - sit on the bench while Moyes trys to field as many defenders as possible.

I'd say 4-6 million is what he's worth but you can't complain with 2m when his contract will expire at the end of the season.

I think its pretty incredible how much easier people are willing to let go of our own products than players we buy. Gibson, who was part of a midfield that won a CL semi-final easily is apparently "obviously not good enough" for us. Personally I dont see what Ando for instance has shown to make him such a better player in people's eyes other than the price he was bought for. I think we should have kept Gibson and dont really understand why he hasnt gotten games this season. He is easily good enough to put in a shift against bottom-table opposition if the alternative is playing a fecking right back in his place.

2m pounds is a bargain if this is true, but if its down to him not signing a new contract then its a fair price as he will go for nowt in the summer, but I cant help feel that we should have kept him.

Excellent signing for Everton if it goes through. They're in dire need of some new faces, and Gibson as much as our supposed 'fans' love to hate him, is a perfectly good midfielder.

He's the victim of an era where players are expected to be as consistent as video game versions of themselves. A lot of you saying hes 'nowhere near good enough' and 'not United class' .... I'd have him over Anderson in midfield next to Carrick any day.

It's easy to say that now since what he offers is more consistent than Ando. However, I've always thought that Ando has a higher ceiling than Gibson even though he's less consistent. I really doubt that Gibson could contribute to our short passing game as Ando did at the beginning of the season. Once again, the problem is consistency but I dont think Gibson as ever shown enough to be a first team regular. Squad player at best.

What? Should you really be selling central midfielders right now? Its not like its an exceptional, one off offer either, its 1.5 million..

It's better than £3.5m for Neville and £2m for Saha....stop whining. He's not worth more than that really as a Man Utd player, just like Carroll isn't worth more than £5m as a Liverpool player, yet looks treble that as a Newcastle player.

He'll do okay there, build up a decent rep for himself hopefully and it'll continue to help us in the future should we try and deal with Rodwell or Barkley.

Good deal for everyone.

Its not a good deal for United. We get close to nothing for a player we have spent many years on developing. Its a good deal for Gibson and Everton.

Re him and Ando. Ando can reach the higher peaks for sure, but he also has lower dips in form. With Gibson you get a consistently decent to good player. I think player "highs" cause them to become overrated a lot of the time when people stop factoring in consistency and periods of poor form.
Its the same as "who is better out of Rooney and Nani" discussion.

I personally think we will regret letting him go. And even if he flops for Everton, we wont think we got a good deal, as 1.5 m is lower than I would ever expect a CL-experienced, settled decent midfielder to go for.

Will be a good signing for Everton and I wish him the best. It does make me wonder if we have someone coming in to replace him

If/when we sign this mythical United quality midfielder then Gibbo should try not to let the door hit his arse on the way out. Meanwhile, I can't see how this doesn't leave us with a weaker squad.

Well now we're weaker because of all the injuries but with everyone fit it's fair to say Gibson's been leapfrogged by Jones and Pogba's waiting in the wings.

Just had a peek on an Everton forum. Most fans are not happy with the signing. Arguing they have better players in Midfield than Gibson (Falaini, Rodwell, Neville, Russian, and Barkley). Most want a striker.

I just read he'll be Everton's first senior signing for 2 years. Moyes has done an amazing job.

Its not a good deal for United. We get close to nothing for a player we have spent many years on developing. Its a good deal for Gibson and Everton.

Re him and Ando. Ando can reach the higher peaks for sure, but he also has lower dips in form. With Gibson you get a consistently decent to good player. I think player "highs" cause them to become overrated a lot of the time when people stop factoring in consistency and periods of poor form.
Its the same as "who is better out of Rooney and Nani" discussion.

I personally think we will regret letting him go. And even if he flops for Everton, we wont think we got a good deal, as 1.5 m is lower than I would ever expect a CL-experienced, settled decent midfielder to go for.

But not one with only five and a half months left on his contract.

Just had a peek on an Everton forum. Most fans are not happy with the signing. Arguing they have better players in Midfield than Gibson (Falaini, Rodwell, Neville, Russian, and Barkley). Most want a striker.

I just read he'll be Everton's first senior signing for 2 years. Moyes has done an amazing job.

My guess is they'll play him in a midfield 3 and hope to get 5-10 goals a season from him - they really need goals from somewhere.

Amazing stat about Moyes that - am sure the Glazers will take note!

I think its pretty incredible how much easier people are willing to let go of our own products than players we buy. Gibson, who was part of a midfield that won a CL semi-final easily is apparently "obviously not good enough" for us. Personally I dont see what Ando for instance has shown to make him such a better player in people's eyes other than the price he was bought for. I think we should have kept Gibson and dont really understand why he hasnt gotten games this season. He is easily good enough to put in a shift against bottom-table opposition if the alternative is playing a fecking right back in his place.

2m pounds is a bargain if this is true, but if its down to him not signing a new contract then its a fair price as he will go for nowt in the summer, but I cant help feel that we should have kept him.

Why have you got to promote the skills of one of our players then think it's right to be-little another one of our players. But yet you don't agree with people having a problem with Gibson???

What difference does it make whether we produced them or brought them, they still wear the shirt..

Excellent signing for Everton if it goes through. They're in dire need of some new faces, and Gibson as much as our supposed 'fans' love to hate him, is a perfectly good midfielder.

He's the victim of an era where players are expected to be as consistent as video game versions of themselves. A lot of you saying hes 'nowhere near good enough' and 'not United class' .... I'd have him over Anderson in midfield next to Carrick any day.

Yeah he's 24 and done feck all.. He should be good at Everton though, should get the right amount of games a player of his age needs!!

But not one with only five and a half months left on his contract.

I adressed that in my other post, and agree under the circumstances right now we have to take what we can get if we arent planning on utilising him at all for the rest of the season.

But still, its a situation the club has gotten itself in that should have been avoidable with a player like Gibson. Before this season there would have been no reason for him not to sign a new contract, as he got plenty games last season, so why didnt we extend his last summer?

I actually think its a good bit of business for them, 2.5million is nothing for a 24 year old, I think he'll do well there.

They're annually blighted by injury so I think he'll add some much needed depth to their squad.

:confused: Please explain.

Sorry buddy, i should have elaborated. This deal would be made to pave the way for the rodwell deal, this in turn would reduce the chances of the younger midfielders at the club. When set against the background of the recent Pogba and Morrison speculation this leads to the conclusion as stated in my previous post. Hope that all makes sense, let me know if you need any further information.

I adressed that in my other post, and agree under the circumstances right now we have to take what we can get if we arent planning on utilising him at all for the rest of the season.

But still, its a situation the club has gotten itself in that should have been avoidable with a player like Gibson. Before this season there would have been no reason for him not to sign a new contract, as he got plenty games last season, so why didnt we extend his last summer?
Well you didn't want to make a big salary commitment to a player you wanted shot off. Fees at this end of the market are dwarfed by the salaries these days. Gibson represents a £15M spend for Everton if that's a 5-year contract.

As much as I don't think Gibson is United quality, I'm a bit disappointed we've decided to move him on considering how weak we already are in midfield at the moment. Hopefully this points to SAF bringing another play in.

Sorry buddy, i should have elaborated. This deal would be made to pave the way for the rodwell deal, this in turn would reduce the chances of the younger midfielders at the club. When set against the background of the recent Pogba and Morrison speculation this leads to the conclusion as stated in my previous post. Hope that all makes sense, let me know if you need any further information.

:lol:

Why have you got to promote the skills of one of our players then think it's right to be-little another one of our players. But yet you don't agree with people having a problem with Gibson???

What difference does it make whether we produced them or brought them, they still wear the shirt..

Im not belittling anyone. Maybe you should read my post more carefully before you reply. All Im saying is that Ando has larger variation in form than Gibson, and that I personally think that people overrate players with high variation in form and underrate consistent players that lack the real highs, like Gibson.

I dont see the big difference in overall contribution that Ando and Gibson would offer over the course of a season. Yet people seem to think that Gibson is "get rid, hes shit" while Ando is seen as a player for the future. That doesnt mean that Im slagging off Ando, but that I think Gibson is being unfairly judged.

I dont really understand what you mean by your last comment. Have I implied that either homegrown or bought players should receive less support? :confused: All I said is that people on here seem to find it a lot easier to let a homegrown player go than one we paid money for (which is natural, as selling Ando for anything less than 20 would mean he was a poor piece of business, while Gibson is a profitable sale no matter the price).

I presume Moyes is getting prepared for selling Rodwell and possibly Bilayeletdinov.