Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

Not seen PIG or Gibson around the squad since end of last season.

I'm surprised we haven't had another bid for him since the Sunderland deal fell through, I thought maybe Fergie's old mate Big Eck might take him as he'd be a solid addition to a mid table team.

Some people would never admit that some players aren't good enough for the club.

As a 6th choice midfielder who steps in for carling cup games and plays minimal league, CL and FA cup games, Gibson was and still is good enough for United.

He's not developed into anything more than that and will leave the club shortly but he's good enough for the role he occupied last year.

Whether someone could be better is certainly highly likely but in his role Gibson was fine.

As a 6th choice midfielder who steps in for carling cup games and plays minimal league, CL and FA cup games, Gibson was and still is good enough for United.

He's not developed into anything more than that and will leave the club shortly but he's good enough for the role he occupied last year.

Whether someone could be better is certainly highly likely but in his role Gibson was fine.

Rather get money from him, not have an unhappy player (if that is the case) and play Pogba if worst comes to worst.

Rather get money from him, not have an unhappy player (if that is the case) and play Pogba if worst comes to worst.

He looks likely to go on a bosman so we missed out on a sale this summer.

Would have no problems giving Pogba those games if he is ready for them and only United will know that for certain.

I'd rather 6th goes to a young CM with hope of actually being a starter. I think when people say "good enough for United" they mean "good enough to start". We have built a squad where all 22 players are capable of starting on the team. It's a well balanced team, perhaps the most well balanced in the world.

Chelsea's doesn't come close nor does Arsenal. Liverpool loses quality with a few injuries. City are the closest though they'd never play as well with so many injuries.

Where's Red Sky at Night now then?

And how about my prediction that Fergie would offload him to Steve Bruce so nearly actually happening?

Championship level player - I said it all along.

I really like the lad as a person alot. He has never said a wrong word about the club (unlike some). I wanted him to succeed but, and this is true, when I first saw him I thought he´ll never make it. Then came a couple of performances that made me feel an idiot for doubting him but that was all. I wish him all the best in the future and he will no doubt make it in the PL but it will be in some club nearer relegation than PL-winners. Take care Darron and feck all the socalled fans that made you close your twitter account

And how about my prediction that Fergie would offload him to Steve Bruce so nearly actually happening?

Offload to Bruce but, a championship level player? Tad bit contradictory.

He'll be a good player for whatever team he does go to in the PL - he has enough quality to play in PL for a while. As for United, he did a job in most games when called upon last season, that means he is United quality.

Most expect every player to be world class but, we've done so well over the years of having stars to players that just do a job when called upon.

If he wasn't good enough to start he wouldn't start

Championship player? Have a word with yourself Dans. There are a lot worse players than Gibson in the premier.

In he leaves, good luck to him. If he stays then I hope fans show a bit of support

He is easily as good as or better than players like Craig Gardner, Wilson Palacios, Rory Delap and more I could name. He is easily a Premier League player so don't talk bollocks!

On the ball he's very decent. Only if he could sort out his off the ball running and positional play he'd easily be a top performer for most clubs in the Premiership.

We were more than happy to offload him in the summer, and the only reason he isn't gone is the fact that he couldn't come to terms with Sunderland and a deal never materialized with and other Prem club.

I can only recall him ever having one outstanding performance in the numerous times he's played for us. He gets a lot of unwarranted abuse for poor team performances that he just happened to be in the squad for, but, at the same time, he never looked like he was the type of player that could step up and lead, or even be accounted for, when that's what we've lacked in a midfielder for a long, long time.

I can't see him fitting into the higher paced type of play that we've shown in the first several matches this season.

Think it's probably a confidence thing with Gibbo, i never used to rate him at all, and could not see why anybody else did either. However, he did at least convince me over time, that he can actually pass with quality and vision at times. But unfortunately for him his game is still quite limited and i don't think he has the mental strength to make it under the spotlight at UTd. If he had he would have already done so imo.

He does not seem to be able to reproduce the form he showed regularly in the reserves for the first team, even after a couple of years in and around the squad. Shame really, as others have said he gets on with it and doesn't whinge, but if he hasn't convinced SAF by now i doubt he ever will.

Probably better to wish him well and allow him to move to pastures new and free up a space for a Pogba or a Tunnicliffe to try their hand at breaking into the first team squad.

:lol:

Sorry but... :lol:

You can only laugh now, it's beyond a joke.

Something to think about is the fact that if Sunderland hadn't fecked him about, he'd be playing for them now and we wouldn't even have the privilege of being able to moan about him being available.

If we'd sold Gibson we'd have bought Sneijder. He's the missing link.

According to The Times yesterday, he was on his way to Villa when he sustained the injury. Makes sense, considering McLeish is in charge there now.

Seems a bit risky to play him this evening considering our current predicament.

SAF has mentioned him during his last interview. It seems that SAF has not yet lost all hope on him

Sorry but... :lol:

You can only laugh now, it's beyond a joke.

Something to think about is the fact that if Sunderland hadn't fecked him about, he'd be playing for them now and we wouldn't even have the privilege of being able to moan about him being available.

I have it on pretty good authority that wasnt the case....more the other way round...

I've always thought that Gibson whilst not good enough to be part of the first eleven, or a main backup is a decent squad player to have. With us being so short on numbers in the middle, particularly actual midfielders I think we'll need him for the rest of the season, especially if we don't sign anyone in january.

Cleverley said in an interview with sky: "...we have Giggsy, Ji, Carrick, Jones and Darron Gibson is still in the squad..."

Looks like everyone expects him to leave.