Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

How common are Alzheimer's jokes in your life?

When people forget something and make a joke of it, they're fairly common everywhere. It's a stock response, really. It's either that or 'I'm getting old my memories going' which essentially is a milder side of the same coin.

Puffer jacket jokes don't feature heavily in my life either outside of taking the piss out of someone wearing a puffer jacket.

stay on your feet reference? Have I missed something?

Rio has been banging on about the phrase 'stay on your feet' since Wilkins said it about 472 times in the Spurs vs Madrid game - Rio has been including it in his interviews with the press since then. Bit of mild fun.

He wouldn't have got it in if Fergie hadn't had asked him if he didn't like his grey puffer jacket.

The funny thing is that when Rio first said it he mentioned seeing the manager with his purple....then corrected himself to grey. I do wonder if that was a Freudian slip :D

How did Rio include it?

He was talking about seeing the boss at the reserve game and said something like:

"I went down and saw the boss there with his purple.....sorry, his grey puffer jacket and made a bee-line for him..."

Ferguson afterwards asked "Do you not like my puffer jacket then?" to which Rio said something like "No, but it helps you stay on your feet"

I heard the SSN presenter apologise for 'any language that caused offense' immediately after the conference finished.

Was that to do with the Alzheimer joke? Because I didn't hear anything offensive :confused:

When people forget something and make a joke of it, they're fairly common everywhere. It's a stock response, really. It's either that or 'I'm getting old my memories going' which essentially is a milder side of the same coin.

Yeah, Alzheimer's jokes are fairly standard amongst people of a certain age.

My mum has a specific Alzheimer's joke she thinks is hilarious and keeps telling at every family get-together, forgetting that she's told it to us dozens of times before.

Which is ironic and depressing all at the same time :(

Where has this stayonyourfeet thing come from?

Guess you didn't watch unreal/spurs the other night?

Ray Wilko said it every five minutes before donkey was sent off and about every minute afterwards...:lol:

Guess you didn't watch unreal/spurs the other night?

Ray Wilko said it every five minutes before donkey was sent off and about every minute afterwards...:lol:

Oh well i did in extremelly shit pub that insisted on belting out the fecking glee soundtrack every 5 mins so i didnt hear much of old butch

Oh well i did in extremelly shit pub that insisted on belting out the fecking glee soundtrack every 5 mins so i didnt hear much of old butch

Usually I would prefer the glee soundtrack but Wilkins did a decent job and gave us all a great catchphrase.

I don't know why he gets criticized all the time.

Gibbo hasn't play the past 6 months now. How can you knock someone down when he hasnt been on the pitch for so long?

I don't know why he gets criticized all the time.

Gibbo hasn't play the past 6 months now. How can you knock someone down when he hasnt been on the pitch for so long?

:confused:

You havent confused Gibson with Bebe somehow have you?

Or do you think he has been anonymous in his recent appearances?

Can see him playing tonight if we do a 3 man midfield. He was quiet against Chelski last week but not anonymous, and helpful at times. Gives Carrick the freedom to play higher up and spring passes about that he isn't allowed do if Scholes, Fletcher or Anderson are alongside him.

do you just pop into this thread now and again to stir the pot?

Yes. Although a few posters saying that he has been "needed" over the last few weeks or that he has kept our league campaign on track have baffled me into vocality.

If it was a case of playing Gibson or having 10 men I'd agree with them (and when was the very good game and by whose standard was it very good?).

/edit: It also wasn't a bump perse, I've had a long weekend away so responded to the last group of posts at the first opportunity.

Can see him playing tonight if we do a 3 man midfield. He was quiet against Chelski last week but not anonymous, and helpful at times. Gives Carrick the freedom to play higher up and spring passes about that he isn't allowed do if Scholes, Fletcher or Anderson are alongside him.

Did he make the half time tea? Gibson didn't play against Chelsea last week.

Nothing player. If he wasn't Irish there'd been no debate and this thread would've been only 10 pages long.

Well you have to give credit to the lad I guess, at least he didn't put a foot wrong against Chelsea.