Darron Gibson - is he good enough for Everton?

2iuytxd.jpg

:lol: Great stuff

:lol:

You just know he got #stayonyourfeet into the post match interview to mock Wilkins. He's been joking about it the whole previous day.

OMD this nandos is gonna get destroyed!! Its the right fuel for me right now!

wumming

Why does Nani always tweet something like this before every dam game?

"Please join us at Old Trafford tomorrow 9/4/2011 at 3pm for the game against Fulham"

Makes him sound like a bot.

Why does Nani always tweet something like this before every dam game?

"Please join us at Old Trafford tomorrow 9/4/2011 at 3pm for the game against Fulham"

Makes him sound like a bot.

I'm guessing most of his tweets come from a PR person. He does do the rare self-tweet though.

Jesus, he's embarrassing himself? Never would have predicted that...Our Rio, sure he is a fecking genius.

Christ you are all spastics sometimes.

Not a bad shift from the lad again today, did well on the passing front i thought nearly pulled off a few cracking long range passes & got himself involved a lot in the match, can't fault him.

I really wish everyone would stop shouting "SHOOOT" everytime he picks up the ball midway into the oppo's half. He needs to think about what he's going to do with the ball a bit more and hold it up.

Not bad?

I don't think he could have done much more today to be honest, I thought he was excellent.

I agree. That ''Not a bad shift again from the lad today'' comment was a figure of speech! He is coming along grand & is a player that in my opinion is more than capable of doing the job against the majority of teams in the PL for us over the coarse of a campaign, he has a role to play for us in the future as far as i'm concerned.

He was fine with the ball. Can't remember him giving it away or choosing the wrong option.

The problem as usual was that a) he didn't have the ball enough, and b) he may as well have been sitting in the crowd when we didn't have it.

Him and Anderson in fact. Scholes out worked them both, which is a little bit embarassing, and meant Fulham seemed to spend most of the game pissing around in our half.

The problem as usual was that a) he didn't have the ball enough, and b) he may as well have been sitting in the crowd when we didn't have it.
That's always been my biggest complaint about Gibson. In fact, probably the only problem with him in his role as a back-up midfielder. He's solid enough when on the ball, but doesn't do anywhere near enough work when he doesn't have it and doesn't get himself in position to receive the ball from team-mates.

I think Gibson has improved quite a lot in his last few games though. Still needs further improvement, but he's picked up his game a fair bit and is getting move involved. If he can keep up the rate of improvement, hopefully he can be a solid option for us by next season and I don't worry about our midfield getting over-run whenever he's playing.

I think the biggest compliment you can pay to him now is he doesn't look out of place in our first X1. At the start of the season if you saw him in you'd think "bloody hell, bit of a reserve team here". Now you're expecting him to play if people need resting.

He was fine with the ball. Can't remember him giving it away or choosing the wrong option.

Him and Anderson in fact. Scholes out worked them both, which is a little bit embarassing, and meant Fulham seemed to spend most of the game pissing around in our half.
Yes. Though he reverted out of it at West Ham, attempting 79 passes, he kind of drifted back into it today, just the 40. Was decent though.

Thought United lost control of midfield when Anderson went off and Gibson was paired with Scholes hence Fergie bringing on Carrick. Not good enough to be in a midfield two but he's alright atm in a midfield three I guess.

I really wish everyone would stop shouting "SHOOOT" everytime he picks up the ball midway into the oppo's half. He needs to think about what he's going to do with the ball a bit more and hold it up.

People do that everywhere he touches the ball. They're taking the piss because he's shit.

Wish he'd pick opposing midfield players when not in possession. Just too static when not in possession.

That may well be the case, but the problem being none of those 2 could be accused of being specific DM's, which is why they are not really that effective in those roles. If Carrick plays then someone with more pace and mobility such as Anderson or Fletcher must play alongside him. Or someone with more creativity such as Scholes or Giggs.

Gibson's strengths certainly do not lie in defending, he is simply not mobile enough to defend as well as regularly offer attacking support. So when played like he was today, he prefers to stay deeper and keep his discipline, than to be caught out of position and expose the defence.

One last point, you say bar Scholes the others will rarely shine. Wouldn't that claim indicate you don't really feel the others are really good enough to shine regularly? See I think this is the real problem. We need technically better players who would still be able do a defensive job, but offer significantly more going forward.

Our midfield has been criticised for years and it's still going strong. The difference between us and the rest of the teams in the league is immense flexibility in midfield. It is by far one of the biggest strengths the team has.

What are you going to do if you get this "technically better player that can do a defensive job but offer significantly more going forward"? Are you going to play him in 50+ matches a season for the next five years? Not going to happen.

Look at Chelsea when Essien is injured, Arsenal without Fabregas, Liverpool with no Gerrard. They are shadows of their former selves without these players. What happens to United without Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves, Gibson, Giggs or even Park? Ferguson picks two or three players to go out and do that specific job on the opposition team anyway.

Our midfield is a completely different beast from the days of Keane and Scholes. It's no longer a case of the first two names down on the teamsheet is the middle of a 4-4-2. It's a case of putting together a whole team that makes sense together like today with Scholes deep and two pure wingers, Berbatov upfront alone and two "shuttlers" getting up and down the pitch into good position. Anderson had two great chances and Gibson had a chance that for him with his shooting ability was an absolute sitter.

Add to that the two goals we did score and that's five goals we should have scored, and I thought we played pretty poor today.

I'm a big fan of what Ferguson has got in midfield, a whole bunch of different shaped pegs he can arrange into any system he likes. All competing with each other for starts. We don't lack good midfielders, other teams lack our level of flexibility.

Thought United lost control of midfield when Anderson went off and Gibson was paired with Scholes hence Fergie bringing on Carrick. Not good enough to be in a midfield two but he's alright atm in a midfield three I guess.

Well that's not really true, is it?

We bossed central midfield against this season's most hyped holding midfielder, Scott Parker, recently with Gibson and Carrick as our midfield two.

Well that's not really true, is it?

We bossed central midfield against this season's most hyped holding midfielder, Scott Parker, recently with Gibson and Carrick as our midfield two.

Are we really going to be using West Ham's midfield as a marker to be judging our midfielders?

He's had decent games both in a two and a three. The lad is doing alright in the last couple of weeks or so. But I think this may also be down to the upturn in form of other midfielders. I am yet a little unsure of his role in the team still. Is he an advanced midfielder? or a defensive one? I'm a little unclear and his static nature as Sultan pointed out is still a worry.

Probably do alright for a team like Hull or lower. Eventually might be a regular prem player somewhere. Nowhere near United's standard

Idiot!

Hope he keeps improving his game! Who knows, maybe he'll be here for years and years yet ;)

What happens to United without Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves, Gibson, Giggs or even Park? Ferguson picks two or three players to go out and do that specific job on the opposition team anyway..
Well all that proves is that mostly swapping one mediocre player for another makes little difference one way or the other.