Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought he was looking... like Danny Welbeck (donkey work ok, not a chance in hell of scoring) before Valencia played him in so expertly, best Valencia to Wéle combination goal in the last 5 years no doubt.

Yeah, he didn't really have that great a game overall. Considering how poor we were defensively, he should've been posing much more of a threat for Arsenal.

I clapped him off the pitch and shouted "we don't boo our own you c*nts"... so that was my contribution

Anyway, you sell a striker to one of your rivals, be prepared to get bit in the arse.

Don't care about the celebration. He applauded the fans when he came off the ground after his warm up anyway.

I clapped him off the pitch and shouted "we don't boo our own you c*nts"... so that was my contribution

Anyway, you sell a striker to one of your rivals, be prepared to get bit in the arse.

If I was next to you I would clap you.

Some of those earlier comments were pretty embarassing to say the least. He celebrated in front of the away fans in a pretty muted fashion considering how important the goal was..this non celebration thing is getting pretty tiresome. Do those that do it actually care about the fans or really do they care about how they look...

I prefer him celebrating than doing an obviously fake "non-celebration" like Ronaldo did. It's been clear since the weekend of Moyes' last game for us against Everton when all the papers had been briefed about Welbeck wanting to leave, that he didn't have any real respect for us, so why pretend now? It must've been a dream come true for him to score against us at Old Trafford and knock-us out of the cup - he'll probably be walking on air right now. Hell, he even got a largely good reception going off.

For some reason some of our youth products don't have any loyalty or appreciation to us as the club that made them - not just Welbeck, but also Cleverley turning-down a move last summer so he'd get a larger fee moving on a free instead of us getting anything for him, or Fryers going along with that Belgium scheme en route to Spurs so we'd get less for him on tribunal. Pogba of course needs no explanation. Even Cathcart and Eckersley I think left against Sir Alex's wishes IIRC. We can't assume loyalty from players just because we raised them - many of them will look after number one, and you can't really blame them.

At least with Welbeck, we've only got ourselves to blame. We shouldn't have sold him. We certainly shouldn't have sold him to a top 4 rival. And we certainly shouldn't have sold him so cheap. We, as a club, brought this on ourselves.

And given his age, we've got potentially many more years of this ahead of us.

Feck me, Danny Welbeck barely scores as it is, and when he does you want him not to celebrate it? Bunch of evil feckers...

tase93.jpg
:lol:

Feck me, Danny Welbeck barely scores as it is, and when he does you want him not to celebrate it? Bunch of evil feckers...

:lol: That was my own thought. Anyway his celebration was muted and he deserved it. Giroud is the main striker at Arsenal but he wouldn't have gotten that goal that Danny got tonight.

I prefer him celebrating than doing an obviously fake "non-celebration" like Ronaldo did. It's been clear since the weekend of Moyes' last game for us against Everton when all the papers had been briefed about Welbeck wanting to leave, that he didn't have any real respect for us, so why pretend now? It must've been a dream come true for him to score against us at Old Trafford and knock-us out of the cup - he'll probably be walking on air right now. Hell, he even got a largely good reception going off.

For some reason some of our youth products don't have any loyalty or appreciation to us as the club that made them - not just Welbeck, but also Cleverley turning-down a move last summer so he'd get a larger fee moving on a free instead of us getting anything for him, or Fryers going along with that Belgium scheme en route to Spurs so we'd get less for him on tribunal. Pogba of course needs no explanation. Even Cathcart and Eckersley I think left against Sir Alex's wishes IIRC. We can't assume loyalty from players just because we raised them - many of them will look after number one, and you can't really blame them.

At least with Welbeck, we've only got ourselves to blame. We shouldn't have sold him. We certainly shouldn't have sold him to a top 4 rival. And we certainly shouldn't have sold him so cheap. We, as a club, brought this on ourselves.

And given his age, we've got potentially many more years of this ahead of us.

I think selling him was right thing to do, but selling to a top 4 rival, would never have happened under SAF, even more so the price, even more funnier is how we bought Shaw who had 1 season in the PL for 30 mill

While Welbeck has played about 3-4 seasons before we sold him

Christ, you'd think he'd taunted the United fans. It wasn't much of a celebration really.

Severed all ties tonight I feel. Not gonna stand and applaud a player who so gleefully knocked us out of the cup. I wouldn't boo him though.

Who cares if he celebrates. He scored the winner in a cup quarter final. His team goes on to play in the semi. Build a bridge and get the flip over it.

Could care less if he celebrated to be honest. I'm actually glad he did instead of the usual faux respect.

I think selling him was right thing to do, but selling to a top 4 rival, would never have happened under SAF, even more so the price, even more funnier is how we bought Shaw who had 1 season in the PL for 30 mill

While Welbeck has played about 3-4 seasons before we sold him

I suppose with the attitude he was showing us that we didn't have that much choice, but if you take the emotion out of it, then I think we could've used a player like him - he brings something different to our other strikers, and clearly had an important role in the eyes of our greatest manager. But you can't really take the emotion out of it, there's no guarantee we would've seen the same dedication from him as we had before the way things had gotten, but even so I'd have preferred him to see out his contract here whilst we're trying to get back into the top 4 than see him helping another club up there.

I think it was a bad decision by us from start to finish, but I know many disagree. Tonight's goal changes nothing really on that score. Hopefully we can soon forget about him completely, he's not worth any more thought from us at this stage.

I do not understand why people are so upset about him celebrating. It was barely a f u Manchester United celebratory goal. Had he done something like this below, I would understand the uproar.

090912zzz.gif

And for those saying it was an easy goal, some of my Arsenal mate said that Giroud would not have scored that because he would not have gotten their on time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Predictability of it his scoring the winner. No care at all that he celebrated, wasn't exactly exuberant and sooner that players were real. Still was a bit of a downer. Disappointed he was let go due to his athleticism, pace and endeavor- tireless work rate pays off and he presses well and wins the ball. Full of energy. Sure there are better players and it is done but witnessing some of those on our books a bit of care/effort is lacking.

Wouldn't wish ill of him and still hope he does well for himself. As others have said ties severed and all, he is an Arsenal player now. No end to this clubs frustration in how it does business, barely any money recouped by player sales yet absolutely robbed and willing to be so whenever the buying party.

Could care less if he celebrated to be honest. I'm actually glad he did instead of the usual faux respect.

Yep. Not that fussed about it either. I'm just annoyed at the stupid mistakes that cost us a place in the semi not the fact that a former player scored against us.

I would still celebrate if I were him.The manner in which he was kicked out of the club still make me sad.Plus the disgraceful booing.

He was poor and was gifted a goal. Could not have crafted his a goal on his own if we played for 500 minutes last night.

Glad we sold him.

don't care about the celebration. He celebrated with his team. He was anonymous besides the gifted goal he had. Typical Welbeck performance for the majority of the game. New Henry, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.