Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see I semi agree with that assertion. I think he has been so overrated by some on here mainly due to how poor our forwards have been. I would have definitely kept him this season and not signed Falcao. All in hindsight of course. He certainly isn't the answer to our striking problems and if he was here, I doubt he would have more than 8/9 goals. One of the problems is how our forwards have been starved of proper service.

He did show tonight that he's no great loss and has consistently done since he left. He's pretty average and will be nothing more than a good squat player for Arsenal.

Yeah, if you'd quoted the second part of what I said you'd have seen I pretty much said that.

Spot on.

Plus he's allowed to be happy he scored. Obviously.

100%. It'd annoy me if we had a player look glum after scoring the winner in a cup match.

Really don't know why he still has a thread to be honest, doesn't warrant any reaction from our fans - whether good or bad - he was an ok player from our academy who couldn't get into the first team, much like the Bardsley's,Shawcross' and Ebanks Blake's of the world, he shouldn't have been booed by the fans its not like he played extremely well or his goal wasn't a fluke.

He isn't going to win the League for Arsenal thats for sure or get a guard of honour from our players so.....meh

My problem isn't that Danny Welbeck celebrated, or even scored against us.. that happens.

The most worrying thing is some United fans are "happy" for him? What's all that about?

Fair play, I must have missed that then. Surely jumped before he was pushed though. Anyway the point still stands, he didn't snap any legs or give the bird to the crowd, he shouldn't be chastised for a muted celebration. We need to move on, it's Danny Welbeck, not Paul Pogba for fecks sake.

I do not understand why people are so upset about him celebrating. It was barely a f u Manchester United celebratory goal. Had he done something like this below, I would understand the uproar.

090912zzz.gif

And for those saying it was an easy goal, some of my Arsenal mate said that Giroud would not have scored that because he would not have gotten their on time.

Couldn't give a shite if he was a local lad. Never fulfilled his potential here, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, & moved to a rival. Fair enough that he celebrated, but also fair enough that he got booed when he was subbed. We owe him nothing.

He can feck off back to London & take some selfies with Sczenzy on the team bus. Lanky streak of piss.

Good on him for celebrating with his teammates, you'd have to be a jumped-up wanker not to. It's a game of football and scoring a goal is fun.

I do not understand why people are so upset about him celebrating. It was barely a f u Manchester United celebratory goal. Had he done something like this below, I would understand the uproar.

090912zzz.gif

That was bloody fantastic though. :lol::lol::lol:

Fair play to him. Still, not good enough to lead the line for us (or Arsenal, imo) so I'm glad he's gone.

You chose to sell him to Arsenal. He didn't run his contract down or force a move.

He was at United since he was a child. It's understandable that some fans clapped him as they literally watched him grow up.
Who cares then, he's a gunner now and I think he himself wanted the move as he said, bye then. Doesnt deserve any clapping imo, he has been rewarded for his servings to the club when he was here, now when he's gone its over. Maybe its me but I lose the sentiment when a player joins the rival.

Because LvG said he wouldn't play him. LvG then publically said he didn't think Welbeck was good enough after he'd left.

He wanted to leave first under Moyes and then under van Gaal.

He was also one of the main internal dissenters to Moyes, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your viewpoint.

He wanted to leave way before van Gaal turned up. Van Gaal rightly telling him he's not good enough to start up front for United only reinforced that view of his.

Did none of you see his interview where he just talked about how hard it was to know he's knocked you out and how much respeck he still has for the fans?

Feckin' drama queens....focus on that mallet-headed, melty-face twat manager that you have and why he's into route-one Fellaini ball instead of actually playing proper footy.
Leave our manager alone dude. He's not responsible if Valencia and DiMaria decide not to use their brains.

Get over it people. Who cares about Welbeck anymore? It's the past. We have more worrying things to think about.

It depends on your views on sport in general, if you think that it's all just about winning & losing then you will obviously believe that he did the right thing by celebrating. For me sport is more than that, hate it when people bash players for not celebrating against their former clubs. There are a lot of people at the club responsible for making him the player he is, add to that the fans who always supported him (some are doing it even now) , not celrbrating a goal is just a small gesture towards them. Great to see our fans showing class despite his celebration

Personaly I don't have a problem with him or his celebration tbh.

But in the world of footballers where the norm is to make a gesture of not celebrating against your former club (even tho inside we all know they love it!) Welbeck celebration showed he was just another footballer doing his job, no connection to United and in a few years he will have no connection to Arsenal either.

Well done for your winning goal Welbeck, enjoy the headlines tomorrow.

Tactical masterstroke by Wenger. Plays him down the middle and tells him to stick it to the Mancs and he does just that. If we win the cup now he'll have been worth every penny.

Tactical masterstroke by Wenger. Plays him down the middle and tells him to stick it to the Mancs and he does just that. If we win the cup now he'll have been worth every penny.
I've changed my mind. Think I don't want Arsenal to win now. Up the dippers:D

He's a bit shit, goal or not. Not really bothered that he scored or celebrated really, it's normal. No way was he going to miss after Valencia put him through like that. Can't believe people still use this as a stick to beat Van Gaal with. He's shown this season more then ever that he really just isn't that good. He's a decent player yes, though squad player at the very best. Just like he was here. He wasn't wanted here anymore because he wasn't good enough, and that's proven to be the case at Arsenal with him on the bench once everyone is fit. Of course we would have preferred it if somebody else scored, but if anything today proves that he just isn't very good.

It's funny. When he left I wasn't too disappointed. He's never really done it for us. But this season, looking at how immobile and static our forwards have been, he'd probably have had a pretty good season for us if he had stayed. He's the type of player we need.

Now, that's not me saying he's the answer to our problems. Far from it. I don't think he's good enough to lead the line for us at all. But just with how this season has gone, he'd have been a nice alternative to RVP and Falcao on many occasions this season. Either way, even if we had kept him, we'd still need to be in the market for a top class forward this summer.
Agree. We would have been better off keeping him ahead of Falcao because Falcao is shite and Welbeck is at least quick and works hard. But I still would have eventually sold him, probably this summer, and brought in a better player. He's a squad player at best.

He wanted to leave first under Moyes and then under van Gaal.

He was also one of the main internal dissenters to Moyes, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your viewpoint.

He wanted to leave way before van Gaal turned up. Van Gaal rightly telling him he's not good enough to start up front for United only reinforced that view of his.

Moyes told him he didn't train hard enough, despite Him putting in more training hours than everyone else (allegedly)

090912zzz.gif

And for those saying it was an easy goal, some of my Arsenal mate said that Giroud would not have scored that because he would not have gotten their on time.
I didn't think anything could cheer me up right now, but the reaction of those Arsenal fans has just about done it :lol:

You won't though. You're Arsenal. A team of cowards managed by a serial loser. Well done for winning the Danny Welbeck bragging rights cup. Almost as much kudos as your perennial fourth place trophy. Go Arsenal.

I actually thought he was looking... like Danny Welbeck (donkey work ok, not a chance in hell of scoring) before Valencia played him in so expertly, best Valencia to Wéle combination goal in the last 5 years no doubt.

You won't though. You're Arsenal. A team of cowards managed by a serial loser. Well done for winning the Danny Welbeck bragging rights cup. Almost as much kudos as your perennial fourth place trophy. Go Arsenal.

:lol:

There there...only 5 months till next season and you get to try and win something again.

I didn't think anything could cheer me up right now, but the reaction of those Arsenal fans has just about done it :lol:

That celebration was truly brilliant from a neutral perspective. Arsenal fans must have been calling for his head after that :lol:

Looked like I saw one fan threw their child at him :lol:. Can't tell what that small object is at the bottom corner

Status
Not open for further replies.