Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been one of my favourite players here even when he was doing the classic Bambi on ice imitation, always admired his workrate but he's a wanker for celebrating. Would be understandable if he got booed at the beggining or throughout the game but the fans were behind him.

He's paid back with a dive and a celebration. No rocket science to me here.
Is he balls a wanker, he's just scored a big goal and he's happy ffs.

Also worth pointing out that if it was down to him he'd almost certainly still be here, why should he show restraint after being pushed out?

Dunno why people are bothered,at the end,he will have same roll in Arsenal like he had with us,if not even less then that.Some here are surprised that he celebrated,what you expected after he decided to stay in PL and join Arsenal. He made his choice,some would not make same decision.

Wrong, I liked Welbeck when he was here, always respected his work ethic up front and didn't agree with selling him. The expectations were just too high for him, but that's the case with every promising youngster (Wilson and Januzaj being the current examples).

Imagine cAlling him a cnut.

He comes through and plays as well as anyone else at United. He gives his all every game and people come on forums and call him a cnut. They celebrate selling him and signing Di Maria and Falcao.

United have never done well from signing "legends". Where was Veron when we needed him. Di Maroa cost us the game, Falcao can get in the first team but of course Welbeck is a cnut.

We went out tonight Becasue we signed 100 million worth of attackers but left Valencia at the back. This is the "van gaalacticos" in action. We're disjointed. This isn't how United have ever done it and while our multi million pound FIFA legends let us down we get knocked out to a player we let down massively.

Dived against us, celebrated against us despite getting a very warm reception from the fans. You're a wanker Danny, shame on you.
fecking hell, why couldn't he celebrate? He got his team into semi-final, could have felt some kind of satisfaction too , wasn't really exaggerating it. Let him live, he's not the one who's acting like a wanker..

Is he balls a wanker, he's just scored a big goal and he's happy ffs.

Also worth pointing out that if it was down to him he'd almost certainly still be here, why should he show restraint after being pushed out?

Because he's not been pushed out by the fans that he's celebrated in front of but by the club/van Gaal (if he was pushed out indeed, because it seems to me that he wanted to play more / play centrally and he thought he'd get that at Arsenal, which he didn't).

And if it was down to me (and if he wanted to stay), he'd be here as well, doesn't justify him in the slightest.

No it doesn't. Celebrating scoring a goal for your team against your old team is not disrespectful.

Not in general, but against the team that raised you it is, at least in the first season after you transfer to the other club.

You sound bitter :(
I sound like someone he doesnt like seeing an ex player celebrate like that.
Ok he didnt get the chance, went to Arsenal but fans havent abused him, calling him names or sthing. ANd then he does that. I'm not against him celebrating but dont do it so wildly.

Rememeber RVP who got abuse from Arsenal fans to no end. Did he celebrate his 1st goal against them.
No he didnt. That's class.

Not in general, but against the team that raised you it is, at least in the first season after you transfer to the other club.

Only if you're going to the extreme and rubbing it in their faces. He was evidently pleased, but he was hardly doing an Adebayor against Arsenal. Nothing wrong with it.

Because he's not been pushed out by the fans that he's celebrated in front of but by the club/van Gaal (if he was pushed out indeed, because it seems to me that he wanted to play more / play centrally and he thought he'd get that at Arsenal, which he didn't).

And if it was down to me (and if he wanted to stay), he'd be here as well, doesn't justify him in the slightest.

You say it like he ran to the stretty and kissed the Arsenal badge! He had his back to the fans and celebrated with his team mates.

In your opinion.

Of course it's my opinion mate. I'm not claiming it to be anything else, but I just find the idea that a player celebrating scoring an important goal to get his team into the semi-final of a cup against a team who, while they nurtured him, were more than happy to cut their losses with him, is somehow disrespectful at all.

You say it like he ran to the stretty and kissed the Arsenal badge! He had his back to the fans and celebrated with his team mates.

No, of course he hasn't done a Adebayor there but it was still disrespectful in my book and he's a wanker from now on in my book, simples really.

As much as I cringed a bit watching him celebrate in real time, at the end of the day he's playing for another club and scored what looked to be a winner, can't blame him for being unable to control his emotions in a crucial moment.

Ronaldo's a knob but the guy showed respect when he scored for us against Sporting and against us. That's what makes him a top player. Welbeck may have scored the winner, he might even think he made a point but the fact is he scored an open goal. We sold him because he is has not history of scoring 20+ goals a season. He should remember that the next time he scores with no one in goal....

Big goal? Absolutely, but lacking class. He won't be a 25+ goal man with that kind of attitude because it seems to pass him by he's never proven himself.

Not at all. He's a football player why should he give a shit? He's into the FA cup semi final.

I don't really give a shit either way to be honest but it is very uncommon behaviour these days. 99% of ex players try to be respectful. Even more surprising when it's a player who spent his entire career here.

No, of course he hasn't done a Adebayor there but it was still disrespectful in my book and he's a wanker from now on in my book, simples really.
He doesn't play for us anymore, our manager was tossing himself off about smart he was replacing him with Falcao (despite Falcao being on 200k a week more meaning we'll have made no profit after 1 year) and that he wasn't good enough. He scored the winning goal in a big game cup quarter final, he's showing respect to the club that actually wants him. I never had an issue with replacing Welbeck, he isn't quite good enough to start for a top team, but he always gives his best for whoever he plays for and he'd definitely get in our team given the form of Falcao and Van Persie.

Ronaldo's a knob but the guy showed respect when he scored for us against Sporting and against us. That's what makes him a top player. Welbeck may have scored the winner, he might even think he made a point but the fact is he scored an open goal. We sold him because he is has not history of scoring 20+ goals a season. He should remember that the next time he scores with no one in goal....

Big goal? Absolutely, but lacking class. He won't be a 25+ goal man with that kind of attitude.

Are you taking the piss?

Not at all. He's a football player why should he give a shit? He's into the FA cup semi final.

In that case, I don't wanna hear complaints about football players being trashed either though.

He was having a poor game up until his goal. Not much was sticking to him but once he got the goal he was showing his ability. If he has more self-belief he can really go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.