Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing with Youtube videos, they are designed to show you the best of a player, his Youtube video's are crap, nothing but running fast with kick and run stuff, very little in the way of craft, good crossing, passing or shooting, or actual skill. Now if that's the best then what about the rest? On top of that there are plenty of more basic, less flashy looks at him out there to see what's in his game, which is basically speed and a bit of graft, then add in a couple of games that were on TV and you see a picture. Like I said, and I know you can be relied on for this, if he does really weel then by Christmas you can throw this in my face, but I'm commenting on what I see which is nothing but speed and not even great fundamentals.

YouTube videos will focus on his pace because that's his strongest part. You seem to have assumed that he doesn't have good attributes in the rest of the areas you've mentioned.

As far as the bolded part goes, You'll just wheel out of it by saying you were angry or some emotional bollocks. You don't seem to be capable of holding on your own word. So meh, not interested.

You find it cheap when people don't predict how players will turn out until they've seen them play?

I find it cheap when people can't look at a player and give a view on how they think he'll do, instead waiting to see which way the popular opinion goes and jumping on that, there's more than enough footage out there to access his qualities and lack thereof, it's not like he's playing in outer Mongolia.

I think he’ll hopefully pleasantly surprise a few people next season. He looks fit, rapid and relentless and it’s obvious he has some talent. It is worrying we can’t just tie it up and move on though unless Cardiff or worse we are taking the piss.

YouTube videos will focus on his pace because that's his strongest part. You seem to have assumed that he doesn't have good attributes in the rest of the areas you've mentioned.

As far as the bolded part goes, You'll just wheel out of it by saying you were angry or some emotional bollocks. You don't seem to be capable of holding on your own word. So meh, not interested.

Youtube videos focus on all of a players attributes, not a singular one, it's like Bruno Fernandes, another one I am happy to make a view on now, his videos are filled with long range shots because the rest of his game isn't that great, unlike players like Joao Felix or Sancho who you can see have a vast array of attributes in their game.

I'm not wheeling out of anything, I said it because I was angry and emotional, and I have watched every United game since, I'm pretty sure I am not the only fan to have said or typed in anger that they were done with the club after another stupid choice or decision that would hurt the club rather than help it, more often than not the club has felt self destructive since Fergie retired and that the people running it don't give a shit about it or us, so it boils the blood and you lash out, the fact you are trying to hold that to my word is ridiculous.

Yeay yeah, I have zero interest in your insults or attempts to bait me kid, I've made my view, and I'm certain I'll be right, if I'm not then throw it in my face, when I'm right I wont do the same as I'm not into petty shit. Also don't worry, no one will take your place as the most intolerable person on the Caf.
You have zero interest in having an actual debate about it, hence why numerous people are calling you out on your nonsense. For some reason, that doesn't seem to register with you, does it?

You're certain based on what? You haven't seen him play! It's ridiculous. You literally can't qualify your drivel, and so now you're backing away as quickly as you can. Better not engage with people willing to question your complete and utter lack of logic, hey? You may well be correct in saying he will turn out garbage, but that doesn't mean you were right to call him shit without knowing who he is. I could say that I am absolutely certain a coin toss will land heads up. If it does, that doesn't mean I'm vindicated in my surety, or that there's any critical thinking gone into my arbitrary choice.

Oh and 'kid.' The irony in your choice of wording. :lol:

Youtube videos focus on all of a players attributes, not a singular one, it's like Bruno Fernandes, another one I am happy to make a view on now, his videos are filled with long range shots because the rest of his game isn't that great, unlike players like Joao Felix or Sancho who you can see have a vast array of attributes in their game.

I'm not wheeling out of anything, I said it because I was angry and emotional, and I have watched every United game since, I'm pretty sure I am not the only fan to have said or typed in anger that they were done with the club after another stupid choice or decision that would hurt the club rather than help it, more often than not the club has felt self destructive since Fergie retired and that the people running it don't give a shit about it or us, so it boils the blood and you lash out, the fact you are trying to hold that to my word is ridiculous.

Have you closely watched any of these players, or are these all mainly based off youtube highlighs?

His technique and skills are too raw.
But the high workrate (attacking, defending, pressing), discipline and hunger though :devil: the kid got balls.

Definitely suits Ole's preferred high press and high energy style of football.

He looks great. He seems smart too with his passing and isn't greedy holding the ball. Can't wait till see him in action.

@Devil may care

You could be absolutely spot on regards Dan James. But I think with good coaching he could potentially develop into a effective player. Overmars was a very direct player with pace but was also very effective due to his decision making. Not saying James will be as good as Overmars. But if he can improve some facets of his game, then he will at the very least be a good squad player.

But I'm still yearning for us to be linked to Federico Chiesa who would be the most exciting signing we could potentially make not named Sancho IMO.

You have zero interest in having an actual debate about it, hence why numerous people are calling you out on your nonsense. For some reason, that doesn't seem to register with you, does it?

You're certain based on what? You haven't seen him play! It's ridiculous. You literally can't qualify your drivel, and so now you're backing away as quickly as you can. Better not engage with people willing to question your complete and utter lack of logic, hey? You may well be correct in saying he will turn out garbage, but that doesn't mean you were right to call him shit without knowing who he is. I could say that I am absolutely certain a coin toss will land heads up. If it does, that doesn't mean I'm vindicated in my surety, or that there's any critical thinking gone into my arbitrary choice.

Oh and 'kid.' The irony in your choice of wording. :lol:

Oh little green smiley, good stuff. Back away from what exactly? He's rapid and works hard, his control is average, as is his crossing, he's not skillful on the ball and relies totally on kick and run to beat a man, and he's not a goal scorer or creator. That's facts not drivel kid, now like I said, when I turn out to be right you can come and apologize for your silly little post above witha ll it's little insults that a kid would use, or you can just hide away like you do the rest of the time when you are shown up as a the troll you are, peace.

Oh it'as been a while since a petty keyboard warrior pulled that old chestnut out, it was just Lukaku though, I simply said Matic was a waste of money as he can barely play half a season and is immobile and past his best, I was right about both as it happens but whatever, yes I was angry and said it, other posters have said similar in recent weeks regarding other players, but whatever.
You also said we must sign Andrea Beloit around the same time if I recall. Right then as well, were ya?

Have you closely watched any of these players, or are these all mainly based off youtube highlighs?

I've seen loads of Sancho, a few games of Felix and Fernandes, I had to donwload the latters as he's not as easy to find, and I've watched every video I can find on James while I've seen him twice on TV, once he didn't stand out, the other his pace was effective to a degree.

@Devil may care

You could be absolutely spot on regards Dan James. But I think with good coaching he could potentially develop into a effective player. Overmars was a very direct player with pace but was also very effective due to his decision making. Not saying James will be as good as Overmars. But if he can improve some facets of his game, then he will at the very least be a good squad player.

But I'm still yearning for us to be linked to Federico Chiesa who would be the most exciting signing we could potentially make not named Sancho IMO.

Overmars was vastly better technically though mate, yes his pace was a big part of his game but there was a lot more quality in it and at a young age. If James is somehow coached up then cool, I'll wear it, but IMO there's not much to work with, people are all over Rashford and Lingard right now and both have a lot more in their locker than James.

If he's that fast and can terrorise full backs, lets have him for the first 80 minutes too

It's almost impossible to do those kind of running for 90 min. Unless we have Barca's or Liverpool's team doctor.
You know this, I know this, but we just let it out there.

You also said we must sign Andrea Beloit around the same time if I recall. Right then as well, were ya?

I didn't say we must sign him, I did think he was a better option than Lukaku, I also thought Lacazette was as well, I got that part right but lets not focus on that, you are right sir, I did think Belotti would be a better option than Lukaku and I was wrong, they both are shit, my bad.

I've seen loads of Sancho, a few games of Felix and Fernandes, I had to donwload the latters as he's not as easy to find, and I've watched every video I can find on James while I've seen him twice on TV, once he didn't stand out, the other his pace was effective to a degree.

Overmars was vastly better technically though mate, yes his pace was a big part of his game but there was a lot more quality in it and at a young age. If James is somehow coached up then cool, I'll wear it, but IMO there's not much to work with, people are all over Rashford and Lingard right now and both have a lot more in their locker than James.

It could also be like the Buttner signing, this time to give some competition to Martial.

He falls in to category of 'can't be any worse'.

We've just had a season of Martial, Sanchez, Mata, and Lingard, absolutely stinking the place out on the wings, so a kid with pace, determination, and a work ethic, will be a breath of fresh air come what may, even if he will undoubtedly have big limitations initially.

Oh little green smiley, good stuff. Back away from what exactly? He's rapid and works hard, his control is average, as is his crossing, he's not skillful on the ball and relies totally on kick and run to beat a man, and he's not a goal scorer or creator. That's facts not drivel kid, now like I said, when I turn out to be right you can come and apologize for your silly little post above witha ll it's little insults that a kid would use, or you can just hide away like you do the rest of the time when you are shown up as a the troll you are, peace.
Says the bloke who used 'kid' as a power move. :lol::lol:You can have two for that.

You haven't watched him play. You have absolutely no idea what's he capable of. As if you're trying to justify your complete and utter lack of knowledge on a player, and that your arbitrary viewing on YouTube is enough for you to conclude he isn't good enough, and to go ahead what people far more knowledgeable on the subject and the player has deemed. You're the type of person people laugh at. You might as well just use his FIFA19 rating as a barometer and be done with it.

Ah, so I see you didn't like the little lesson in critical thinking. Best entirely ignore it and hope no one will notice. There's a good lad.

He falls in to category of 'can't be any worse', we've just had a season of Martial, Sanchez, Mata, and Lingard, absolutely stinking the place out on the wings, so a kid with pace, determination, and a work ethic, will be a breath of fresh air come what may, even if he will undoubtedly have big limitations initially.

Whilst the jury on James is still out, and I'm not saying he's hit or flop, the bold bit sort of sounds like an attack full of Rashfords. Which would be pretty shit.

Says the bloke who used 'kid' as a power move. :lol::lol:You can have two for that.

You haven't watched him play. You have absolutely no idea what's he capable of. As if you're trying to justify your complete and utter lack of knowledge on a player, and that your arbitrary viewing on YouTube is enough for you to conclude he isn't good enough, and to go ahead what people far more knowledgeable on the subject and the player has deemed. You're the type of person people laugh at. You might as well just use his FIFA19 rating as a barometer and be done with it.

Ah, so I see you didn't like the little lesson in critical thinking. Best entirely ignore it and hope no one will notice. There's a good lad.

Two! For me? Awwww I'm so blessed, the rest of this is just your usual slack jawed garbage, run along now kid, I'm bored of you.

We don't have time to waste on punts right now, we are already behind and need to make up ground, this is the kind of money you waste when you are in a position of strength and can afford to just have a dabble, and if I could trust the club that he was not factored in to our summer squad rebuild and merely an extra side piece, then ok, but knowing how this club is run he'll count as one of our main buys.

It’s a long term rebuild not a short term splurge. It needs to be done right so best buckle up your expectations for the next 2 years

Whilst the jury on James is still out, and I'm not saying he's hit or flop, the bold bit sort of sounds like an attack full of Rashfords. Which would be pretty shit.

It would, but to be fair Rashford is a trier, a bit crap atm, but a trier all the same, and we have slipped that far as a club that just seeing this from more players will be a step up, and hopefully be a kick up the arse for players like Martial, Lingard, Pogba, etc, to do the same.

He's clearly going to be raw, and personally I doubt we'll see him much, but this has to be a better approach than what we've seen in recent transfer windows.

It would, but to be fair Rashford is a trier, a bit crap atm, but a trier all the same, and we have slipped that far as a club that just seeing this from more players will be a step up, and hopefully be a kick up the arse for players like Martial, Lingard, Pogba, etc, to do the same.

He's clearly going to be raw, and personally I doubt we'll see him much, but this has to be a better approach than what we've seen in recent transfer windows.

We can't have just triers though. We need some level of established quality.

I don't think there is a single person here that thinks this is a bad transfer if there is an established winger brought in with him. That's yet to be confirmed so it's likely made some people wary.

For what it's worth I think Lingard runs around enough too, bless him. He's just very shite.

Two! For me? Awwww I'm so blessed, the rest of this is just your usual slack jawed garbage, run along now kid, I'm bored of you.
And now we've come to our natural conclusion. You're called out to justify your utter drivel, you try pivoting and fail, and finally you completely ignore anything in the post you reply to, hoping somehow no one has noticed you made a bit of a prat of yourself. It's OK though, there's plenty of other people digging you out for it.

I think if we put him into the team now he would be better than Martial, and much better than the Martial of last season. More pace, more motivated and looks to have more of a brain on him.

I think if we put him into the team now he would be better than Martial, and much better than the Martial of last season. More pace and looks to have more of a brain on him.

Again in a YouTube video you can't judge an intelligence of a player as they'll only show his best moments.

What worries me apart from his average control is his lack of agility. He seems like a straight line runner who can't twist on a run or change direction like Zaha does easily. Zaha also has an average control on the ball. I would rather we get Ounas whom I don't think will cost much. He's impressed me each time he played on the right wing for Napoli, albeit for few games. His stats look good too. (4 goals and 1 assist in 6 starts is quite impressive).

Can't say I saw much of him before his Arsenal move.... when he was older than James is now? Guessing you watched a lot of Dutch football? (don't think YouTube around then?)

We can't have just triers though. We need some level of established quality.

I don't think there is a single person here that thinks this is a bad transfer if there is an established winger brought in with him. That's yet to be confirmed so it's likely made some people wary.

For what it's worth I think Lingard runs around enough too, bless him. He's just very shite.

People will be wary of James because he's probably going to be the first transfer, I'm sure if he came in later on after Kouilbaly, Wan Bissaka, Pepe, and Tielemans (hopefully anyway), then it'll be viewed as been alot more exciting.

Unless we have a shocker it's highly unlikely he'll be anymore than a bench player/reserve player initially, but he'll still put our wingers from this season to shame when we do see him imo.

People will be wary of James because he's probably going to be the first transfer, I'm sure if he came in later on after Kouilbaly, Wan Bissaka, Pepe, and Tielemans (hopefully anyway), then it'll be viewed as been alot more exciting.

Unless we have a shocker it's highly unlikely he'll be anymore than a bench player/reserve player initially, but he'll still out wingers from this season to shame when we do see him imo.

Sure, but they are also wary because last season we started with Dalot and then got next to nothing (Fred I guess, but meh).

This is his full match compilation against Stoke which is a close to premier league team. Here he shows lots of good touches, flicks and link up play. He shows his tremendous pace, dribbling and crossing. Based on this, he is way more than a kick and rush merchant.

Sure, but they are also wary because last season we started with Dalot and then got next to nothing (Fred I guess, but meh).

True, but we'll crash and burn if we have that sort of window this time, and everyone, including Ole and Ed know it, so I'm expecting alot more from this summer..

Unless we have a shocker it's highly unlikely he'll be anymore than a bench player/reserve player initially, but he'll still put our wingers from this season to shame when we do see him imo.
That's probably true.... I'm hoping he's at least a good squad player/sub option.

I've got no idea if he'll work or not but (1) we've bought dear players that have turned out poorly, so if he doesn't work out, he'll still cost than a year of Sanchez's wages and (2) we've had plenty of failures but he could be one of the good ones . .... Sharpe wasn't world class when we bought him (though a lot cheaper) and neither was Kanchelskis. Sure I read Fergie bought Andrei after watching videos of him?

Can't say I saw much of him before his Arsenal move.... when he was older than James is now? Guessing you watched a lot of Dutch football? (don't think YouTube around then?)

Overmars was playing for one of the best teams in Europe and had played for Holland in World Cup 94. He missed Euro 96 with injury before joining Arsenal in 97 and then onto Barcelona a few years later.
Top class player.

What worries me apart from his average control is his lack of agility. He seems like a straight line runner who can't twist on a run or change direction like Zaha does easily. Zaha also has an average control on the ball. I would rather we get Ounas whom I don't think will cost much. He's impressed me each time he played on the right wing for Napoli, albeit for few games. His stats look good too. (4 goals and 1 assist in 6 starts is quite impressive).
why choose all goals and all assists (well... one) but only number of start s? He's play ed more than that this season hasn t he?

why choose all goals and all assists (well... one) but only number of start s? He's play ed more than that this season hasn t he?

My bad. I failed to include his Europa matches. he's got 4 goals and 1 assist in 7 starts.

From the image below, Daniel James' stat doesn't look bad except his dispossession rate and conversion rate.. And from his YouTube video, he looks a bit stiff to me and doesn't seem as agile as Zaha who's got his agility going for him despite his poor control on the ball.. However, he's got good cross and his off the ball movement looks good and his pace is frightening.

3f7668973aa3535f51741b3110884dce.jpg

df2e278926fb03d6ac3db5c9f81a9fa3.jpg

Watch this if you think it's just long shots :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.