Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also had strong opinions on players like Belotti, Morata (how he is so much better player than Lukaku), Kovacic (how he is an elite talent) and many more.

Lets not forget gems like

Guess who scored 22 league goals this season?

Not sold on Firmino either

Van Dijk

KdB

On Mkhi vs Mane

Yeah, youtube videos is all that matters, so you are replying on the person who makes these compilations. if he thinks the basic stuff is not enough to put on youtube, you don't watch it and then complain how you haven't watched him do the basic stuff.

Shame how everyone wants to watch the player before passing any judgement rather than acting like a 'know it all' without watching anything.

We all have made stupid posts but when you go with "I told you so" posts, post some of them you got very wrong too.
Dude how long was your prep time for this post? anhilation

I think his style actually looks pretty similar to a young Valencia. His touch might not be the most pleasing on the eye but if it is like Valencia then it very very rarely let him down.

You also had strong opinions on players like Belotti, Morata (how he is so much better player than Lukaku), Kovacic (how he is an elite talent) and many more.

Van Dijk

KdB

On Mkhi vs Mane

Yeah, youtube videos is all that matters, so you are replying on the person who makes these compilations. if he thinks the basic stuff is not enough to put on youtube, you don't watch it and then complain how you haven't watched him do the basic stuff.

Shame how everyone wants to watch the player before passing any judgement rather than acting like a 'know it all' without watching anything.

We all have made stupid posts but when you go with "I told you so" posts, post some of them you got very wrong too.

Stop it! He's already dead!

We know we need a huge rebuild and we need to change the character of this team. Young, hungry and driven players are the adrenaline shot we need. Bring in more of the same to set a foundation to work with. Then sprinkle some quality on top when the right opportunities present themselves. We need something to build from and these types of purchases can provide that.

Van Dijk

KdB

On Mkhi vs Mane

FATALITY
roonster wins.

Van Dijk

KdB

On Mkhi vs Mane

I never said I didn't get a player wrong, I see a bunch of sad people patting you on the back but I find it kind of creepy and weird that you have essentially stalked through a bunch of posts that must go back nearly half a decade to try and "win" some points on an internet football forum, that took some real time and effort yet they think you are cool, strange as feck.

If you actually look at what I said about De Bruyne and Firmino it wasn't negative, I never said they had nothing to offfer or anything of the sort, in fact with De Bruyne I gave a logical reason at the time for why I wasn't bothered about us going for him, so those two weren't worth the time you spent to get your arse patted. Mane I was clearly wrong on, as I was van Dijk, again I never said I hadn't gotten any wrong, I even pointed some out myself, so you really didn't need to do this creepy shit to get your cheers from the sheep as adding 2 more players doesn't make any kind of point or me any less right in this case, but if this kind of weirdness is your thing and weirdos think it's "mic drop," so be it.

I never said I didn't get a player wrong, I see a bunch of sad people patting you on the back but I find it kind of creepy and weird that you have essentially stalked through a bunch of posts that must go back nearly half a decade to try and "win" some points on an internet football forum, that took some real time and effort yet they think you are cool, strange as feck.

If you actually look at what I said about De Bruyne and Firmino it wasn't negative, I never said they had nothing to offfer or anything of the sort, in fact with De Bruyne I gave a logical reason at the time for why I wasn't bothered about us going for him, so those two weren't worth the time you spent to get your arse patted. Mane I was clearly wrong on, as I was van Dijk, again I never said I hadn't gotten any wrong, I even pointed some out myself, so you really didn't need to do this creepy shit to get your cheers from the sheep as adding 2 more players doesn't make any kind of point or me any less right in this case, but if this kind of weirdness is your thing and weirdos think it's "mic drop," so be it.

There is a search feature on caf, I don't have to stalk or go through all the shit posts. Just search with key word and you get posts. It's easy than judging players based on Youtube videos.

So you just post shit about every player, somehow post "see how I was right about this player and now caf don't even care if that player is sold". Even more pathetic is talking nonsense about people who wants to wait and see what type of player he will be rather than getting their knickers in twist just because some player didn't have awesome video.

It was barely even a graze, 2 playeys from all of that saddo post stalking he did, grow the feck up.

:lol: You need to grow up and also should be introduced to search feature. Looks like too much salt now.

Edit: Btw it's not just 2 players, there are plenty. Those samples are enough for now.

There is a search feature on caf, I don't have to stalk or go through all the shit posts. Just search with key word and you get posts. It's easy than judging players based on Youtube videos.

So you just post shit about every player, somehow post "see how I was right about this player and now caf don't even care if that player is sold". Even more pathetic is talking nonsense about people who wants to wait and see what type of player he will be rather than getting their knickers in twist just because some player didn't have awesome video.

I know exactly how the search function works, it still takes time to go back through 5 years worth of posts to find your "Ammunition" to win your internet pats on the back, it's weird.

No, I pointed out some players I had gotten right and that the same one people that were acting with righteous indignation then are now camped in their threads baying for their blood, as that is exactly what will happen here, nothing more than that. You make it sound like all the videos out there are just comps, there are full game videos out there on the player where you can see all of the weaknesses in his game, to just blindly not have a take is cheap and lazy, just waiting to see which bandwagon you can ride.

:lol: You need to grow up and also should be introduced to search feature. Looks like too much salt now.

Edit: Btw it's not just 2 players, there are plenty. Those samples are enough for now.

I know about the search feature, like I said in the other post it still takes time to go through a lot of posts to find the ones to get your petty on with, which you did, you took the time out of your evening to "win" at the internet, and yet I never claimed to have gotten every player right, so you achieved nothing as such, green smiley useage as well.....

I know exactly how the search function works, it still takes time to go back through 5 years worth of posts to find your "Ammunition" to win your internet pats on the back, it's weird.

No, I pointed out some players I had gotten right and that the same one people that were acting with righteous indignation then are now camped in their threads baying for their blood, as that is exactly what will happen here, nothing more than that. You make it sound like all the videos out there are just comps, there are full game videos out there on the player where you can see all of the weaknesses in his game, to just blindly not have a take is cheap and lazy, just waiting to see which bandwagon you can ride.

I would prefer wait and see rather than watching few youtube compilations and come to conclusions.

Now I'm not going to believe if you say you downloaded and watched full swansea games. You went on and on about how his youtube compilation wasn't good and it's easy to judge based on that, now you are saying there are full games available.

It's not cheap and lazy, or jumping on bandwagons, it's just not trying to look like 'know it all' on the players whom you barely watched. It's sensible thing to do, instead of posting nonsense without knowing anything about the player.

Ironic talking about internet pats when the post I quoted, you were doing the same thing "look how right I was about Fred, even though I didnt have a fecking clue back then",

I know about the search feature, like I said in the other post it still takes time to go through a lot of posts to find the ones to get your petty on with, which you did, you took the time out of your evening to "win" at the internet, and yet I never claimed to have gotten every player right, so you achieved nothing as such, green smiley useage as well.....

It doesn't take time. It took me 5-10 mins to search those posts. Hardly ground breaking stuff, maybe it's more time than you take to watch youtube and judge players. So in 'i know it all because I watched 2 mins clip' world I spent shit loads of time. In a regular world, I spent 5-10 mins.

I would prefer wait and see rather than watching few youtube compilations and come to conclusions.

Now I'm not going to believe if you say you downloaded and watched full swansea games. You went on and on about how his youtube compilation wasn't good and it's easy to judge based on that, now you are saying there are full games available.

It's not cheap and lazy, or jumping on bandwagons, it's just not trying to look like 'know it all' on the players whom you barely watched. It's sensible thing to do, instead of posting nonsense without knowing anything about the player.

Ironic talking about internet pats when the post I quoted, you were doing the same thing "look how right I was about Fred, even though I didnt have a fecking clue back then",

No, you can get full compilations of a players individual games, one was posted in this thread vs Stoke, if you search video sites there are lots of comps of his every touch and move in matches this season.

I never tried to get any pats on the back, there was plenty of Fred games out there and he'd been on TV in the CL as well, I was just pointing out the same people attacking then are the ones now calling for the guys head, that was all as it was pertinent to the points in question.

It doesn't take time. It took me 5-10 mins to search those posts. Hardly ground breaking stuff, maybe it's more time than you take to watch youtube and judge players. So in 'i know it all because I watched 2 mins clip' world I spent shit loads of time. In a regular world, I spent 5-10 mins.

Sure that's all it took, yeah......

It's incredible that this discussion is basically about the merits and de merits of judging any player based on a 5 min video clip.

No, you can get full compilations of a players individual games, one was posted in this thread vs Stoke, if you search video sites there are lots of comps of his every touch and move in matches this season.

I never tried to get any pats on the back, there was plenty of Fred games out there and he'd been on TV in the CL as well, I was just pointing out the same people attacking then are the ones now calling for the guys head, that was all as it was pertinent to the points in question.

Compilation of player's individual games lack context, like how the game is building, which team is on the top, how tactics changed between games and what's the role some player is playing.

And the same people who kept shitting on Mane, Firmino, Van dijk (might be) are moaning why didn't we sign those players. It work both ways.

Still can't believe there is argument about judging players based on youtube videos.

It's incredible that this discussion is basically about the merits and de merits of judging any player based on a 5 min video clip.

Apparently that's more than enough.

Sure that's all it took, yeah......

How much time you think it takes to find bunch of posts about few players? :lol:

Like I said, you should be introduced to Search feature and how to use it. It's easy than judging players based on Youtube btw.

Compilation of players games lack context, like how the game is building, which team is on the top, how tactics changed between games and what's the role some player is playing.

And the same people who kept shitting on Mane, Firmino, Van dijk (might be) are moaning why didn't we sign those players. It work both ways.

Still can't believe there is argument about judging players based on youtube videos.

You can see the technique or lack thereof, you can see the sloppyness of the basics or if the basics are good, you can see the quality of the crossing or lack thereof, and so on, there's plenty of footage to judge the qualities. I'd seen Fred play a few full games, I've seen James play 2, I don't know how many you feel is needed but with Fred even without a full game it was clear in every video that his touch was very loose, that was just evident and you can see it now when he plays for us, it's how he got cost us the goal vs Wolves and it's why he's so risky as the deepest CM, as touch is erratic, the idea ytou cannot have an opinion unless you've watched 20 full games or something is bizzare.

I never shat on Firmino but sure, I mean in hindsight we should have bought Milner and Henderson as well, hell we should have gotten Liverpool's manager, that was something I think most were in agreement at the time, but what he has managed to do with some players in that squad is what Fergie did with ordinary players in a unit that is brimming with confidence and a complete footballing ideal.

How much time you think it takes to find bunch of posts about few players? :lol:

Like I said, you should be introduced to Search feature and how to use it. It's easy than judging players based on Youtube btw.

I think it takes way more time than most normal people would take out of their day for an internet forum, for instance I am not now looking back to find plenty of other players I was right about to continue the petty cycle, nor am I looking at your posts to find your early judgments on players as they'll be there, because it's just lame IMO. As for the constant Youtube comments, I pointed out the things you can see from watching the videos of a player.

You can see the technique or lack thereof, you can see the sloppyness of the basics or if the basics are good, you can see the quality of the crossing or lack thereof, and so on, there's plenty of footage to judge the qualities. I'd seen Fred play a few full games, I've seen James play 2, I don't know how many you feel is needed but with Fred even without a full game it was clear in every video that his touch was very loose, that was just evident and you can see it now when he plays for us, it's how he got cost us the goal vs Wolves and it's why he's so risky as the deepest CM, as touch is erratic, the idea ytou cannot have an opinion unless you've watched 20 full games or something is bizzare.

I never shat on Firmino but sure, I mean in hindsight we should have bought Milner and Henderson as well, hell we should have gotten Liverpool's manager, that was something I think most were in agreement at the time, but what he has managed to do with some players in that squad is what Fergie did with ordinary players in a unit that is brimming with confidence and a complete footballing ideal.

What if you watched his worst performances and missed his best? Lets take example of Rashford, if anyone watched his game in first 5-10 games under Solskjaer, he would be rated among the best strikers in the league, if same people watched him in the last 5-10 performances he would be among the worst. That's why it's hilarious to rate people based on few youtube clips or 2 full games.

There are plenty of players who looked out of place for a season before stepping up and this is for good players and we are talking about a young player.

I think it takes way more time than most normal people would take out of their day for an internet forum, for instance I am not now looking back to find plenty of other players I was right about to continue the petty cycle, nor am I looking at your posts to find your early judgments on players as they'll be there, because it's just lame IMO. As for the constant Youtube comments, I pointed out the things you can see from watching the videos of a player.

Yeah, I would look stupid if I made a post saying how easy it's to judge players based on few clips and make some dumb posts about player's quality.

feck me is he still prattling on? Just end it @roonster09 for your own sanity, you've already made him look the fool, anything more would just be cruel.

feck me is he still prattling on? Just end it @roonster09 for your own sanity, you've already made him look the fool, anything more would just be cruel.

Yeah should have done it earlier. I still can't understand how anyone can believe they can judge player based on few youtube clips and couple of games.

Lets see how the Rashford example goes.

Sad and pathetic to dig up old posts for some petty dick swinging cost. What a fecking loser.

Get a life, moron.

Knock knock.
Who's there ?
Post reported.

People should be held responsible for the stuff they say, especially when claiming to be na authority on a subject.

Credit to @roonster09 used the search function for its intended purpose, having had to use it in the past I can confirm using it and the multi quote would have meant that post took no longer than a standard YouTube comp.

What if you watched his worst performances and missed his best? Lets take example of Rashford, if anyone watched his game in first 5-10 games under Solskjaer, he would be rated among the best strikers in the league, if same people watched him in the last 5-10 performances he would be among the worst. That's why it's hilarious to rate people based on few youtube clips or 2 full games.

There are plenty of players who looked out of place for a season before stepping up and this is for good players and we are talking about a young player.

Yeah, I would look stupid if I made a post saying how easy it's to judge players based on few clips and make some dumb posts about player's quality.

You could see Rashford's short comings even in those good games he had, only if you are easily gassed a goals and assists do you miss the flaws in a players game. It's like the saying of form is temporary and class is permanent, the flaws and qualities remain no matter a purple patch. A player taking a season to settle in is not unusual, but again you can see the qualities in their game even if everything at the time isn't clicking.

I'm sure there are plenty of posts that make you look stupid on a number of topics, just like troll boy that just tagged you, but I wont be digging them up as this isn't a court of law or that serious that I'd waste my time.

Knock knock.
Who's there ?
Post reported.

People should be held responsible for the stuff they say, especially when claiming to be na authority on a subject.

Credit to @roonster09 used the search function for its intended purpose, having had to use it in the past I can confirm using it and the multi quote would have meant that post took no longer than a standard YouTube comp.

Tattling on the guy? Really, I am sure roonster will have done it already as he's on the staff and if not you can be sure Ivaldo did it, I mean if I reported every post in this thread calling me names.......but no, because I figured we were all capable of standing our own ground.

I never claimed to be an authority though, I gave an opinion on what I have seen and I am certain I'm right on this one, if not I already said I'd wear it without issue and the saddo post diggers can do their thing, the fact it would take 6 or 7 minutes to write a single post to "win" on the forum isn't something to be lauded.

You could see Rashford's short comings even in those good games he had, only if you are easily gassed a goals and assists do you miss the flaws in a players game. It's like the saying of form is temporary and class is permanent, the flaws and qualities remain no matter a purple patch. A player taking a season to settle in is not unusual, but again you can see the qualities in their game even if everything at the time isn't clicking.

I'm sure there are plenty of posts that make you look stupid on a number of topics, just like troll boy that just tagged you, but I wont be digging them up as this isn't a court of law or that serious that I'd waste my time.

For a person who can see qualities so easily, you really failed to see qualities in arguably the best player in the league.

Anyways, IMO you don't have a point and making things up as you go along.

Of Course I said in the very first post that we all made stupid posts/assumptions. I never argued against that. I'm arguing against your point that Youtube is enough.

Tattling on the guy? Really, I am sure roonster will have done it already as he's on the staff and if not you can be sure Ivaldo did it, I mean if I reported every post in this thread calling me names.......but no, because I figured we were all capable of standing our own ground.

I never claimed to be an authority though, I gave an opinion on what I have seen and I am certain I'm right on this one, if not I already said I'd wear it without issue and the saddo post diggers can do their thing, the fact it would take 6 or 7 minutes to write a single post to "win" on the forum isn't something to be lauded.

You are the one out of the two of you who is framing it as a "win/loss" scenario.

I use the report function because the discourse on here has become toxic over the last two years and I happen to like this place. I would urge you to do the same in the face of unwarranted name calling.

Funny for a poster who talks about "e-patting on the back" to get worked up by others opinion so badly. At least tag the person you are talking about @ivaldo

Go and report all the posts that called you names or abused you. In the last dozens of posts, all you did is calling everyone saddo just because they agreed with other posts. Please don't try to take any moral high ground here. People called out your posts, which is the point of discussion forum.

Meh.....do you think I care about getting banned? I am from the land of free speech.

The guy is total dunce. One of the worst posters on here.

Firstly, :lol:

Secondly, cool that you think that, the entire moderating and administrating staff disagree with you. So do a lot of Joe nobody posters. Our roonster is good folk. But by all means, continue to rate footballers on YouTube clips.

Everyone needs to chill. This thread :eek:

For a person who can see qualities so easily, you really failed to see qualities in arguably the best player in the league.

Anyways, IMO you don't have a point and making things up as you go along.

Of Course I said in the very first post that we all made stupid posts/assumptions. I never argued against that. I'm arguing against your point that Youtube is enough.

He's not the best player in the league and Klopp has coached him up a storm, no argument there, everyone gets it wrong at times, I'm not trying to deny it, you can add Moura to the list, not a great player but one that has done more than Lingard and Martial who I defended against him at the time.

I'm not, my point is this is a 22 year old player with very little in his game and a waste of a transfer at a crucial time, my other point was that I think digging up posts is sad, both points stand, the latter is purely an opinion, the former will be judged right or wrong in time.

No, your point was to dig up a bunch of posts I made 5 years ago to try and make me look bad for my view on James, for some it was a roaring success, I mean in the case of Mane I wasn't judging him off videoes I watched him play plenty of full games as he was in the PL and like most I watch the several live games on BT/Sky most weekends, so I got him wrong with a lot more to go on.

You are the one out of the two of you who is framing it as a "win/loss" scenario.

I use the report function because the discourse on here has become toxic over the last two years and I happen to like this place. I would urge you to do the same in the face of unwarranted name calling.

You don't do what he did without the express intention of scoring points in an internet debate, like I said I could do it to him now if I wanted "revenge" but I'm not into such petty stuff.

Did you report any of the posts insulting me? My point is people report people that disagree with their POV, I have served a couple of bans for simply not sharing the group view on a player without ever uttering an insult, where as posters like ivaldo and Ramshock insult people all of the time and the mods just overlook it as they tow the company line. In this thread golden blunder is posting, so I see no need to snitch on posters insutling me, I'll trust if he sees something he thinks is over the mark he'll deal with it, otherwise I couldn't care less about a couple of people on a message board calling me names.

This thread is pathetic . . . . A new low for the Caf now to be honest.
When it's signed can the admins torch the place?

Funny for a poster who talks about "e-patting on the back" to get worked up by others opinion so badly. At least tag the person you are talking about @ivaldo

Go and report all the posts that called you names or abused you. In the last dozens of posts, all you did is calling everyone saddo just because they agreed with other posts. Please don't try to take any moral high ground here. People called out your posts, which is the point of discussion forum.
Wow that’s really quite sad @Devil may care.

And FYI he isn’t 22, not for another 6 months. You can tell a desperate poster when they start to round up ages by half a year. Didn’t your YouTube videos outline this for you?

I'm not worked up about his opinion, I think he's a troll that is allowed to remain because he says what the higher ups want to hear, I also don't need to tag my stalker as I know he's watching and already referenced me without a tag in this thread, so I am sure he'll see any reference made about him.

I called it saddo because they were patting you on the back for doing something I think is sad, and I am not taking any moral high ground, I have been insulted and I don't care, my point was I don't go running to the mods because I got called a nasty name or two, do we really need that?

Status
Not open for further replies.