Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster said late in the game but that bold part, How does that make sense?

Think before complaining.

Yeah, that is the plan. Throw on James and Crouch, the speed and height will kill teams in the last 10 minutes.

Pep and Poch will be fecked. No answer to our tactical masterpiece.

Jesus. Let’s bring a speedy player on late in the game....rolls eyes.

It’s not like fifa or football manager though. Sometimes the players have taken a holiday or their agent is tied up with another client.

Maybe he asked for a couple days for think about it.

It’s not always incompetence.

With every passing day, we lose the opportunity to strengthen in another area. We need to wrap up deals a lot quicker. We had our targets in mind... Our sure shot targets like James should have been tied up the moment the window opened up and we should be spending more time on deals that probably going to take the entire window (aka Felix and possibly signing a CB)

With every passing day, we lose the opportunity to strengthen in another area. We need to wrap up deals a lot quicker. We had our targets in mind... Our sure shot targets like James should have been tied up the moment the window opened up and we should be spending more time on deals that probably going to take the entire window (aka Felix and possibly signing a CB)

No one wraps up deals 'quick' these days. Even some of the deals that have gone through have been pending for months in the background

Plus clubs know we're desperate

United fans: We've had enough of washed up superstars. We want young dynamic hungry players who will come in and give the club new life.

*United sign excited 21 years old winger*

United fans: he's only played in the championship! This is madness!
Its funny because its true..

Yeah, that is the plan. Throw on James and Crouch, the speed and height will kill teams in the last 10 minutes.

Poster you replied to said "late in the game" and you're saying the last 10 mins. if thats "Plan A" then what about the first 80 mins? :lol:

You clearly haven't watched spurs lumping it to that big fella, "late in the game".

It wouldn’t surprise me if the press links were what identified him to us in the first place. I can just imagine Ed sat in his office with his feet on his desk, flicking through Sky Sports on his phone. *SSN understands Manchester United are close to signing Daniel James*

So he looks him up on YouTube and decides to give Swansea a ring.

Christ.

Not gonna lie it's pretty funny seeing Redcafe losing it's shit because we are signing players they've never heard of in their various FIFA career modes :lol::lol:

It's funny that you mentioned Poch because his plan has been literally to bring on a big man(Llorente) to unsettle the defenses in the last few months.

22 is the new 29, which was the new 31, it seems. Incredible that all but City of the top 6 was monitoring such a talentless pile of shit. How often have you watched him play again?

So tightly monitored that the only other team that made an effort to actually sign him was Brighton, but yeah, lets keep pretending we are signing some amazing prospect, he's nearly 22 and has never kicked a ball in a top league, at least he's cheap I guess. You are always looking to start some shit with smug garbage so I'll lay it on the line, I think he'll be a complete waste of time who we'll flog on for roughly the same amount of money in a couple of years, and I'm sure I'll be right, hold me to it rather than getting into some dreary pissing contest.

So tightly monitored that the only other team that made an effort to actually sign him was Brighton, but yeah, lets keep pretending we are signing some amazing prospect, he's nearly 22 and has never kicked a ball in a top league, at least he's cheap I guess. You are always looking to start some shit with smug garbage so I'll lay it on the line, I think he'll be a complete waste of time who we'll flog on for roughly the same amount of money in a couple of years, and I'm sure I'll be right, hold me to it rather than getting into some dreary pissing contest.

Talking about holding onto things you said.
Will you stop supporting United after this signing as well like you claimed that you will after United signed Lukaku or Matic?

It just seems weird to me you've writte this player off even though he hasn't signed.

Will be an interesting option to have on the bench and give him 20 min against a tired defense. Let us see if we can develop him into a classy player.

His technique and skills are too raw.
But the high workrate (attacking, defending, pressing), discipline and hunger though :devil: the kid got balls.

Definitely suits Ole's preferred high press and high energy style of football.

the way he tracks Walker at 0:55 is amazing.

He's raw, but I really like the look of this lad. Blistering pace and a high workrate, two things we have been lacking. Sign him up.

One thing to say that he should be a very raw player as he's only got about 30 odd appearances in the first team. Would be an interesting option but certainly one for the future. I expect him to play as much as Greenwood this season.

So if we sell him in a couple of years for similar money, what’s the big deal?

Nothing ventured nothing gained

Will you stop supporting United after this signing as well like you claimed that you will after United signed Lukaku or Matic?

It just seems weird to me you've writte this player off even though he hasn't signed.

Oh it'as been a while since a petty keyboard warrior pulled that old chestnut out, it was just Lukaku though, I simply said Matic was a waste of money as he can barely play half a season and is immobile and past his best, I was right about both as it happens but whatever, yes I was angry and said it, other posters have said similar in recent weeks regarding other players, but whatever.

I am commenting on what I see which is nothing but speed, if he was 17 and coming into the academy it would be different, but he's almost 22 and has developed nothing but pace, and it's not like he was even pulling up trees in the second rate league he plays in like Sessegnon.

United fans: We've had enough of washed up superstars. We want young dynamic hungry players who will come in and give the club new life.

*United sign excited 21 years old winger*

United fans: he's only played in the championship! This is madness!

And the obsession with increasing players ages. He'll be 22 next season! That's getting on!

Ah, so they were all monitoring them for shits and gigz. It's because you keep making outlandish, bullshit comments with zero foundation in your quest to become the most intolerable member of the forum. I notice you didn't tell me how many times you had watched him play. I think we can safely assume it's less than 1. He may well turn out to be garage, but you've already decided to write off a player you have zero knowledge of just because. Maybe, just maybe, people who have actually watched him play, and had time to properly assess him, might just know more than you.

So if we sell him in a couple of years for similar money, what’s the big deal?

Nothing ventured nothing gained

We don't have time to waste on punts right now, we are already behind and need to make up ground, this is the kind of money you waste when you are in a position of strength and can afford to just have a dabble, and if I could trust the club that he was not factored in to our summer squad rebuild and merely an extra side piece, then ok, but knowing how this club is run he'll count as one of our main buys.

No no, he's written off a player who hadn't signed that he hasn't even watched play.

No no, he's written off a player who hadn't signed that he hasn't even watched play.

It seems incredible to me. He has completely written off a player that he has seen just from YouTube clips.

This. It's been mentioned before by other posters that James coming on for the last 10 minutes to run at defenders would scare the life out of most PL fullbacks. Kyle Walker is the fastest fullback in the league but James would make others look silly going past them. It's a no brainer really

If he's that fast and can terrorise full backs, lets have him for the first 80 minutes too

Ah, so they were all monitoring them for shits and gigz. It's because you keep making outlandish, bullshit comments with zero foundation in your quest to become the most intolerable member of the forum. I notice you didn't tell me how many times you had watched him play. I think we can safely assume it's less than 1. He may well turn out to be garage, but you've already decided to write off a player you have zero knowledge of just because. Maybe, just maybe, people who have actually watched him play, and had time to properly assess him, might just know more than you.

Yeay yeah, I have zero interest in your insults or attempts to bait me kid, I've made my view, and I'm certain I'll be right, if I'm not then throw it in my face, when I'm right I wont do the same as I'm not into petty shit. Also don't worry, no one will take your place as the most intolerable person on the Caf.

Yeay yeah, I have zero interest in your insults or attempts to bait me kid, I've made my view, and I'm certain I'll be right, if I'm not then throw it in my face, when I'm right I wont do the same as I'm not into petty shit. Also don't worry, no one will take your place as the most intolerable person on the Caf.

I did throw something in your face about what you said but you called me "petty keyboard warrior".

Anyway let's hope you're wrong.

It seems incredible to me. He has completely written off a player that he has seen just from YouTube clips.

I'm giving an opinion he has nothing in his game that stands out and will be a waste of time, so what? It's easy to sit on the fence and not have an opinion on what you see and then jump either way when the bandwagon rolls.

Players rarely improve their control and touch once they are professionals. That is something that needs to be mastered at a young age.

Absolute nonsense.

Any skill is improvable with hard work, look at what David Beckham did on the training ground

If only Daniel James knew he would cause this much shit :lol:
I like the look of him for what it's worth and as a few have said, giggsy knows the kid well I'm sure there have been words.

I'm giving an opinion he has nothing in his game that stands out and will be a waste of time, so what? It's easy to sit on the fence and not have an opinion on what you see and then jump either way when the bandwagon rolls.

It's weird to form such a definitive opinion over a five minute YouTube clip and completely write off a player or hype him to be world class. I can't believe actually that I've to write this sentence as its this obvious but hey ho.

Edit: if you have seen him play full matches then fair enough.

I did throw something in your face about what you said but you called me "petty keyboard warrior".

Anyway let's hope you're wrong.

Because it was the post of a petty keyboard warrior, like I'm the only emotional United fan that's gotten pissed at things the club has done and crap we've bought over the last 6 years. I don't get upset when people drag it up but I will address how petty it is when it has zero bearing on a topic at hand, it's attempting to score points with something not relevant.

It's weird to form such a definitive opinion over a five minute YouTube clip and completely write off a player or hype him to be world class. I can't believe actually that I've to write this sentence as its this obvious but hey ho.

I had a strong opinion on Fred prior to his signing as well and I bet you'd find less than 20% of the Caf that would give a shit if we sold him this summer, and I'd wager most want Mourinho's two lugs gone as well, both players I said were bad buys, just because James is a bit younger and plays in a crap league I don't see any reason not to plant a flag, same as if we sign de Ligt I'll say he'll be a world class player for us, that'll be ok though because it's positive, I find it incredibly cheap when people hang back on predicting from what they've seen, waiting for the bandwagon to see if they can join in with the crowd whichever way it goes.

Taking this long to tie up a signing like this doesn't bode well for any high profile signings this summer, but not surprised with Eddie or should we call him woody at the wheel.

I had a strong opinion on Fred prior to his signing as well and I bet you'd find less than 20% of the Caf that would give a shit if we sold him this summer, and I'd wager must want Mourinho's two lugs gone as well, both players I said were bad buys, just because James is a bit younger and plays in a crap league I don't see any reason not to plant a flag, same as if we sign de Ligt I'll say he'll be a world class player for us, that'll be ok though because it's positive, I find it incredibly cheap when people hang back on predicting from what they've seen, waiting for the bandwagon to see if they can join in with the crowd whichever way it goes.

It's incredible that people not commenting definitive about a player who they hadn't seen once is called bandwagon sitters or something.

It's just common sense to judge a player on full matches rather than YouTube vids.

I had a strong opinion on Fred prior to his signing as well and I bet you'd find less than 20% of the Caf that would give a shit if we sold him this summer, and I'd wager most want Mourinho's two lugs gone as well, both players I said were bad buys, just because James is a bit younger and plays in a crap league I don't see any reason not to plant a flag, same as if we sign de Ligt I'll say he'll be a world class player for us, that'll be ok though because it's positive, I find it incredibly cheap when people hang back on predicting from what they've seen, waiting for the bandwagon to see if they can join in with the crowd whichever way it goes.
You find it cheap when people don't predict how players will turn out until they've seen them play?

It's incredible that people not commenting definitive about a player who they hadn't seen once is called bandwagon sitters or something.

It's just common sense to judge a player on full matches rather than YouTube vids.

Here's the thing with Youtube videos, they are designed to show you the best of a player, his Youtube video's are crap, nothing but running fast with kick and run stuff, very little in the way of craft, good crossing, passing or shooting, or actual skill. Now if that's the best then what about the rest? On top of that there are plenty of more basic, less flashy looks at him out there to see what's in his game, which is basically speed and a bit of graft, then add in a couple of games that were on TV and you see a picture. Like I said, and I know you can be relied on for this, if he does really weel then by Christmas you can throw this in my face, but I'm commenting on what I see which is nothing but speed and not even great fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.