Daniel James | Officially Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t confirm this is happening lads. My best mates soon to be brother-in law is Lewis dunk, who shares same agent. He has just sent a group what’s app saying agreed yesterday.

It'll prob get a negative reaction if we don't do a lot of other deals this summer especially because it is the first deal. But I think it looks a decent punt.

We will have to think about what types of games this guy plays in given he is pure pace. I don't think he is going to be much use initially in our typical home games vs park the bus sides.

I disagree, we have plenty of players that run around a lot and don’t score goals, he’ll fit right in.

One thing we are definitely missing is someone being able to get to the byeline and getting crosses in. For 15m, it could be the bargain buy of the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoofex yes.

So @Kearnkoff69 posted this in the twitter thread yesterday. The reddit guy originally says James being announced with an agreement by 10pm is from a less reliable source. He then put the announcement as part of a bigger update. I asked him if it was backed up by a better source and fortunately he replied saying the better source said James will be done so he put both together and assumed a Lukaku style personal terms agreement would be announced at 10pm.

Given his previous track record and noting that James was announced to the same degree as he expected, a mere 12 hours later, tells me he has valuable information.

Other updates included :

Fletcher not yet announced.

DDG will run down his contract and leave for a free in 2020 unless we get a good fee.

Pogba hasn't answered to a deadline from the club on his commitment but indication is that he stays.

That we are keeping tabs on Griezmann Bale and Pepe. We will only sign one of them. Griezmann is likely using our interest to secure Barcelona anyway.

Sanchez to Inter on loan (we pay 50% of wages) and then he signs permanent the following year.

And the Koulibaly stuff.
If that guy is correct and the club is making contact with Bale, then feck me.

Sky saying it's pretty much done - I have to admit I can't remember if I've ever seen him play!

contacting Bale to see if he's got Ronaldo's new mobile number? ( I hear he doesn't like Conte who looks like a possible for Juve job)

Multiple sources now reporting that personal terms have been agreed.

At least it shows that Woodward's transfer policy this summer is more advanced than 'search Football Manager by player popularity and pick the first name I have heard of'.

Imagine the FM results for a search 'Daniel James' on a large database. Woodward must have some sick filters.

Looks like this could be boxed off in the next day or so.

Good news.

We need 5-6 hard-working young players who are desperate to play for us. Then we need to add the right kind of world class players who can compliment the squad. This could take 2-3 years but James coming in is step 1.

At least it shows that Woodward's transfer policy this summer is more advanced than 'search Football Manager by player popularity and pick the first name I have heard of'.

Imagine the FM results for a search 'Daniel James' on a large database. Woodward must have some sick filters.
Maybe he just recruited a lot of 5 star scouts and let them suggest signings. :smirk:

Like when we signed Dalot, or Bailly....

Close call this one. We fought off our rivals Brighton who tried to nick him from us.

There's no mention of Felix either. And what happened to Bruno? Suddenly there's complete radio silence on that one. Basically I don't think any of these ITKs know anything. We'll just have to wait and find out from official sources.

I can’t confirm this is happening lads. My best mates soon to be brother-in law is Lewis dunk, who shares same agent. He has just sent a group what’s app saying agreed yesterday.

I am not surprised. We bought alot of dung since SAF left

There's no mention of Felix either. And what happened to Bruno? Suddenly there's complete radio silence on that one. Basically I don't think any of these ITKs know anything. We'll just have to wait and find out from official sources.
Don't know why people don't do that anyway.

The rumour mill is rife with lies and clickbait

Close call this one. We fought off our rivals Brighton who tried to nick him from us.
Makes sense considering swans manager just signed there. Assume Giggs has had a say too, someone who has seen and assessed him far more than any of us.

Good punt at a cheap price, exceptional pace - hopefully can work on other areas of his game.

Looks like a good signing as a back up winger and someone to develop over a few years. Early business going better than expected. Should get some good game time in the early stages of the cups and substitute appearances.

On to the next one.

A lot of negativity on here, and a lot of snobbery. Appreciate that it’s a different era but isn’t this just like signing kanchelskis? An unknown speed merchant? Also, under Fergie he started by signing a lot of English based players, cleaned out a toxic clubhouse regardless of talent. If we can do that this summer then it’s a good start on a long road to recovery.

How do you pronounce his second name is it ‘Hamez’ ?

Like when we signed Dalot, or Bailly....
My post was meant strictly tongue in cheek!

Talking seriously about the two examples you gave, clearly they weren't household names but they were young players with decent resale value who both had the potential to be highly marketable if they developed into established players.

It's difficult to know at United whether a signing was originally a suggestion of Ed, the army of scouts he recruited, or the manager at the time.

Dalot seems like a Mourinho recommendation as he played in a league Mourinho has intimate knowledge of and he scouted him personally. As for Bailly... feck knows.

Individual transfers aside, it seems relatively fair to say that due to his public persona, statements and the deals he has signed off on Ed appears to at the very least have a penchant for the high profile, no?

My post was meant strictly tongue in cheek!

Talking seriously about the two examples you gave, clearly they weren't household names but they were young players with decent resale value who both had the potential to be highly marketable if they developed into established players.

It's difficult to know at United whether a signing was originally a suggestion of Ed, the army of scouts he recruited, or the manager at the time.

Dalot seems like a Mourinho recommendation as he played in a league Mourinho has intimate knowledge of and he scouted him personally. As for Bailly... feck knows.

Individual transfers aside, it seems relatively fair to say that due to his public persona, statements and the deals he has signed off on Ed appears to at the very least have a penchant for the high profile, no?

Personally I don't think it is. Ed doesn't suggest players and that is something that has come via the media. It always been said that the players come from either the manager or the scouting team.

The commercial department add commercial context to those players when assessing which ones to prioritise. Ed being the CEO too sanctions the budget and would sign off on exceptions (large purchases which go outside of the agreed budget)

I doubt Dalot was a Mourinho recommendation, we were looking at Dalot before when he was linked with a move to Real Madrid the year before, we also scout the Portuguese league regularly

When Ed makes comments about not paying X amount unless its for someone like Varane that is information from the scouting department (we have been tracking Varane for years) coupled with the commercial assessment of the player

Also re the last statement about Ed and high profile players, I would suggest having a look at the signings made since he was here, I think you will find every summer is usually balanced with a high profile target along with young prospects, its usually actually quite well balanced. Except the issue is mainly the high profile targets have largely flopped

Last edited:
I don't really believe in ITK's either. I assume anyone who genuinely knows anything of important when it comes to overall plans will be in a position where it's in their best interest to not share it.

My comment surrounding the ITK was after all under the premise of "if correct". :p

Whilst I don't necessarily believe in the ITK, he did say he didn't have much information about what was happening with regards to CM, apart from the fact it depends on Pogba.

Also they won't know about every single deal anyway

If he’s been signed as a back-up then I’d rather we go for Sessegnon who is two years younger, looks a better prospect and is more versatile.

My man Sadler, that you? Been a long time. I had the handle red_is_my_blood.

It has been a long time. I went on an arsenal forum (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cruyff_turn/general-discussion-f5/) for a few years after ESPN shut down their forums. One of the regulars there started one and invited everyone. It was ok for a while. A lot of guys from ESPN were invited so it wasn't just gooners going gaga. The last of the United supporters other than myself, to stay was Billabog but he hasn't posted in a while. Now it's basically about a dozen guys who post something every once in a while and it got boring so here I am

Seems a fairly risk free punt, and if it doesn't work out I'd imagine we can recoup most of the outlay. Gives us an option for the wing and will be interesting to see how he develops.

His technique and skills are too raw.
But the high workrate (attacking, defending, pressing), discipline and hunger though :devil: the kid got balls.

Definitely suits Ole's preferred high press and high energy style of football.

First I’ve actually seen of him, boy got pace! Can’t imagine many (any?) in the current squad tracking walker’s run like he does about 1 minute in

Status
Not open for further replies.