Dan Ashworth 2024/2025

I love the visibilty of the new management. They are front and centre where they should be.

100%

I'm very interested to see how the new regime deals/controls the media circus around any United manager, they need to be a stone wall between the two, as its far too easy to destabilise the club with that shite.

100%

I'm very interested to see how the new regime deals/controls the media circus around any United manager, they need to be a stone wall between the two, as its far too easy to destabilise the club with that shite.
I'm hoping that's one of the things they look into once the transfer deadline settles down

Newcastle have had a shite summer. Rumours of a rift brewing between Howe and Mitchell over Howe only wanting Guehi at centre back while Mitchell wanted to look at alternative targets and Newcastle fans wonder why Ashworth was desperate to get out of there.

Newcastle have had a shite summer. Rumours of a rift brewing between Howe and Mitchell over Howe only wanting Guehi at centre back while Mitchell wanted to look at alternative targets and Newcastle fans wonder why Ashworth was desperate to get out of there.
Howe seems toxic

Personally I think Howe is angling for the England job and this could be his get out.

Kind of fits with why Ashworth was so keen to get away from Newcastle.

i wonder what he's got up his sleeve to get done in these last few hours....he seems happy with the business so far but other than adding Ugarte, he sounds like we may not be done quite yet

He's walked in and shown he can get results. 5 first team signings over the line in his first summer, 4 of which seemed to not be totally straightforward and 2 additional youth signings.

Time will tell obviously but right now it's a pretty strong statement.

He's walked in and shown he can get results. 5 first team signings over the line in his first summer, 4 of which seemed to not be totally straightforward and 2 additional youth signings.

Time will tell obviously but right now it's a pretty strong statement.

Let's not forget he brought in 85M on selling deadwood. At least 20 players have left us.

only signing that i'm still a bit perplexed by is the zirkzee signing.....De Ligt, Ugarte, Maz and Yoro fit the age profile and talent profile

Let's not forget he brought in 85M on selling deadwood. At least 20 players have left us.

Absolutely, you look at some clubs really struggling to do 1 or 2 things over the summer and even with the international break limiting time him and the rest of management have got through a lot of work.

I'm much more impress on how he has handles the outgoing players than the ones comming in, and I love the players we are bringing.

It's just the style of player he is.
true...gives off berbatov type of vibes

what is more interesting is ashworth sanctioning the loan iwht obligation to buy Sancho heading to Chelsea without having a ready made replacement for him or at least an additional squad player joining us

Not to forget the sales we've pulled off this summer. I'd say that's the biggest improvement transfer wise.

Not the biggest sales, but to get around 100 mio. (euros) for the likes of Greenwood, McTominay, AWB, Kambwala, Hannibal, Pellistri, Van de Beek and who else has left is a big step forward.

All squad players or less as it stands right now. And Sancho could very well also leave for a decent fee given the circumstances.

Best summer in a long time and the backroom staff barely in the door. Fair play.

Just screams of "no fuss, does what it says on the tin".

I feel like he's just a very good, knowledgeable football man with a lot of common sense that people enjoy working with.

Not trying to be the Messiah, just a top class, sensible job.

I was skeptical about Ashworth but he's impressed me with his immediate impact. Our transfers in/out have been smooth and seamless, with excellent communication and decisive execution unseen in the last hierarchy. Long may it continue

Now just imagine that we did what some of you numpties wanted..

Like get bored of waiting and hire someone else

Like Mitchell.. who wants to overpay for Guehi

Obviously for now it looks good, but ultimately if it doesn’t deliver on the pitch it suddenly looks bad.

Delighted so far!

Judging by how he’s front and centre of all the press releases we now make on our first team signings, I imagine he’s going to be a pretty influential figure for us going forward.

All of the transfer fees this summer have been fairly modest compared to what they used to be. We’re buying a younger age profile than we used too and they are players who I believe would be compatible with other potential managers other than ETH, which is great mid to long term planning. I think pre-INEOS we would have been involved in the bidding war for Guehi and getting Sterling in on loan and paying 100% his wages

Crucially a lot of fat was trimmed from the squad so to speak, namely Sancho and his ridiculous wages.

Still early days but Newcastle fans and media portraying it like getting rid of "useless" Ashworth and replace him with a "great sporting director with a proven track record that also rejected United" is mildly amusing come deadline day.

Best signing so far.

Signing of the season.

Though we have no idea how the signings will turn out yet it’s so promising to see a clear idea there.

And this is why I refuse to accept the Glazer kids as good businessmen. It was obvious to me these 10 years that to get the maximum profit, they needed to get the best in class and make United operate well. They couldn’t see it at any point and wanted to cheap out and simply make money off the name alone

Things didn't look good at the time to be fair. Berrada caught tapping up because ashworth blundered and leaked the emails. Looked like they held all the cards at one point.

Things didn't look good at the time to be fair. Berrada caught tapping up because ashworth blundered and leaked the emails. Looked like they held all the cards at one point.
I wonder how much of it is Newcastle leaking the emails. Newcastle as the employer have access to all communications on company accounts. Dan’s mistake is using company email for private correspondence but it happens too easily if he was using something like an email client with multiple accounts.

I wonder how much of it is Newcastle leaking the emails. Newcastle as the employer have access to all communications on company accounts. Dan’s mistake is using company email for private correspondence but it happens too easily if he was using something like an email client with multiple accounts.
Ah your right, he only used the email, Newcastle bloody hacked into it.