Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

91 on metacritic with some of the lower scored reviews main criticism being bugs but I’d imagine the 40gb patch on release will clear a lot of that up

Got my pre order in anyway I can’t wait

This is a bit of a crazy idea but people should read the gamespot review before commenting on it.

That reviewer is pretty harsh. She also bogged it down a few because of the trans stuff. Think she only gave TLOU2 a 7 or 8 too.

Yeah was just reading it through there. It's the second lowest review out of 43 on metacritic and their main gripe is trans representation, probably best ignored.

Glad the main story isn’t too bloated, I’m ready to play it at my own pace and explore.

This game seems to have been completely removed from ResetEra? not sure what’s happened but the main thread is gone and they don’t have a review thread up, it must have kicked off somewhere.

There is a 43gb day one patch in fairness. 90 seems really good to me for a game that is riddled with bugs. From the way they talk about the world, sidequests, choices etc. it sounds like exactly what I wanted it to be.

TW3 got something like 92 and wasn't really lauded as "best ever" material on its initial release, only after a few months when the dust settled and it was patched to the high heavens.
Yep. It sounds like the aspects CDPR are amazing at are still amazing in this game.

This is a bit of a crazy idea but people should read the gamespot review before commenting on it.

Too crazy for this place :lol:

I read the review and it echos what some of the guys who have played it already seem to suggest, that the world is detailed but shallow and a lot of the stuff you can get seems unnecessary. It's the details, the side quests and mostly the characters that shine.

That sounds like textbook CDPR to me.

This game seems to have been completely removed from ResetEra? not sure what’s happened but the main thread is gone and they don’t have a review thread up, it must have kicked off somewhere.
To do with the trans issues.

GameSpot reviewer was the same IGN reviewer who infamously scored down Subnautica for having "too much water" - a game where you spend the entire time under the ocean.

Edit: wrong game, it was pokemon alpha sapphire.

Last edited:
I can see this is the wrong place to bring up any criticism you don’t agree with. Have fun!

I can see this is the wrong place to bring up any criticism you don’t agree with. Have fun!
To be fair you are literally focussing on one minor element of the game and don't seem keen to discuss anything else. Why don't you do us all a favour and tell us straight what you have an issue with so that we can see what your point and try and understand your viewpoint? I'm open to the idea this could be a challenging theme but from what I've seen and read the transgender issue just doesn't seem that big of a deal here.

Because it’s a pointless thing to bring up. What’s wrong with there being a trans person in the game? Is that what it’s about?
There isn’t a trans person in the game, that’s the point.

Complaining about a non issue with the gender stuff.

She doesn't though. See this is how it starts, @Massive Spanner makes a throwaway comment that isn't actually true, and some of you jump on it without reading the bloody thing.

In the whole review, she comments in a very short paragraph that the advert in question would be fine with context but it has none and that isn't helped with the lack of character creation options. She makes no mention of it being in any way an issue apart from the confusion as to where the context is other than being a seedy city. In fact she is clearly big on the story and characters having meaning and the actual criticism is a lot of it goes nowhere.

In the "Bad" list is this:
  • The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive
Now without playing the game and seeing what she means for ourselves (that's clearly not just referring to transgender there, she mentions minor translation and culture issues), then how are we to label her "one of those people"? Some of you need to wind your necks in, it gets as bad as twitter for misinformation in here sometimes.

So what’s the issue people are having? Lack of that representation?

This gist is that there's a transgender advert plastered all through the game with the phrase "mix it up", yet you can't create a transgender character and there's only one known minor-roled trans npc. As usual the sensible people merely point out it's inconsistent and a bit odd, but there's been a number of the usual outraged whining all over twitter and Restera about it as if CDPR are the worst people in history.

And as with TLOU 2 we are now seeing people push back and having pops at reviewers who dare to give it any less than a 10 and mention in any way the advert/transgender issue.

It's all very tiresome.

It’s actually a really good review so it’s a shame people are dismissing it because they disagree with how important the gender issues are.

This gist is that there's a transgender advert plastered all through the game with the phrase "mix it up", yet you can't create a transgender character and there's only one known minor-roled trans npc. As usual the sensible people merely point out it's inconsistent and a bit odd, but there's been a number of the usual outraged whining all over twitter and Restera about it as if CDPR are the worst people in history.

And as with TLOU 2 we are now seeing people push back and having pops at reviewers who dare to give it any less than a 10 and mention in any way the advert/transgender issue.

It's all very tiresome.

Ah fair enough. Thought it was people mad about being able to select non binary as your gender. Not sure if that was true.

It's all very tiresome.
Thanks for explaining. The bolded bit is what I take issue with, creating problems where there is none...

Re the reviews trying to avoid them as they can be detailed and give stuff away.

Bit shitty that reviewers aren't allowed to use their own footage for video reviews and have to use CDPR's own marketing material.

Also really worrying that no reviewers received console code.

But, hey, TW3 was a big mess when it launched and look how that ended up.

Kallie Plagge reviewed the game on Gamespot, so it basically means it is a terrible review that is to be ignored. Her Days Gone review is one of the worst reviews I have ever read.

Kallie Plagge reviewed the game on Gamespot, so it basically means it is a terrible review that is to be ignored. Her Days Gone review is one of the worst reviews I have ever read.

That divvy doesn't appear to understand games at all. Pretentious bellend who goes against the grain just to get her name out there. Waffles on aswell. He reviews get a 1/10.

Bit shitty that reviewers aren't allowed to use their own footage for video reviews and have to use CDPR's own marketing material.

Also really worrying that no reviewers received console code.

But, hey, TW3 was a big mess when it launched and look how that ended up.
What is console code?

I’m not concerned about the bugs. CDPR will get on it and patch it up.

Does sound like this’ll take up less time than AC Valhalla.