Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Then again I’m conversing with someone who didn’t know the game had bikes which is utterly bemusing. I think you should go for a bike ride instead of wasting time in this thread. It’s your true destiny.
You can't take the criticism of the game. Not even one counter argument.

So so incredibly sad.

Hahah. Yeah, variety in combat is hugely important.

Original Cyberpunk RPG had 4 melee styles of combat. Aikido, Judo, Karate and Taekwondo. This unfinished video game doesn't even have proper parkour to utilise these styles as it brings nothing new to the table. Deus Ex did stealth and gameplay variety, way earlier.

There should be bike gangs roaming Night City from release day one, feckin shit up, and stirring chaos. They missed that opportunity, and bikes are simply underused.

Imagine open world action game with supposedly strong RPG elements, and downplaying the interactivity with NPC's. Even GTA V had bike racing.
62f7b56e9e431-edit-66088743899289.jpg

Imagine shilling this game in 2024 as it's still unfinished.

Just blind consumerism.
Critics and users do not share your criticisms. The opposite in-fact. Post-PL DLC and corresponding overhaul patch with the entire reworking of perk and skill systens, police chases, random road gang chases and encounters, the addition of frame generation, to mention a few things, everyone in general is very highly positive and praiseworthy of the game.

It's ok to not like it. It's subjective for you. Most people aren't you.

And Steam reviews
ylujvIl.png

Critics and users do not share your criticisms. The opposite in-fact. Post-PL DLC and corresponding overhaul patch with the entire reworking of perk and skill systens, police chases, random road gang chases and encounters, the addition of frame generation, to mention a few things, everyone in general is very highly positive and praiseworthy of the game.

It's ok to not like it. It's subjective for you. Most people aren't you.

And Steam reviews
ylujvIl.png

Already appealing to mass of people as somekind of authority ? Why not just address the point that this game needs bike racing events.

This is gold. Holy shit. :lol:

No ouch intended btw. I care about this game almost on autistic level. It's more like needed reality check to devs to maybe sometimes try cutting budget on 60 year old Keanu Reeves and, and bring some content that will elevate them above Rockstar.

They did it with Witcher III, they can surely do it now, it's just gamers need to clamor for quality more, imo.

Next Cyberpunk probably in 2035, I'll be 153 and most likely soul trapped on a Commodore 64 floppy.

I still think the base game is incredibly average, personally. Or at least nowhere near as good as people claim it to be.

Phantom Liberty is awesome though, and basically everything the vanilla game should have been.

Imagine shilling this game in 2024 as it's still unfinished.

Just blind consumerism.
You don’t have to imagine. The game is brilliant and not unfinished at all unless you’re strangely obsessed with bike racing.

Blind consumerism is people paying for rubbish often cosmetic downloadable content on multiplayer games or the same FIFA experience that barely changes from year to year. This is just a great game that clicks for me.

You don’t have to imagine. The game is brilliant and not unfinished at all unless you’re strangely obsessed with bike racing.

Blind consumerism is people paying for rubbish often cosmetic downloadable content on multiplayer games or the same FIFA experience that barely changes from year to year. This is just a great game that clicks for me.
Bike racing events is just a tip of the iceberg, they've cut down entire 2nd dlc and features that comes with it. The so called 'Moon' dlc completely scrapped and rumours are there were 3 big dlc's in mind.

If it helps you cope with the reality check, you can call me obsessed, and write stuff like yesterday, that I can jog off from the thread. Responses typical for the textbook rampant consumer zombie, and you kinda making that point for me.

Bike racing events is just a tip of the iceberg, they've cut down entire 2nd dlc and features that comes with it. The so called 'Moon' dlc completely scrapped and rumours are there were 3 big dlc's in mind.
Yeah becuase they had to fix the broken game they released in 2020. The DLC we did get was fantastic. I’m guessing you haven’t played it given you didn’t know it even had bikes FFS.

If it helps you cope with the reality check, you can call me obsessed, and write stuff like yesterday, that I can jog off from the thread. Responses typical for the textbook rampant consumer zombie, and you kinda making that point for me.
:lol: What do I have to cope with? I’m not the one blathering on a forum about bike racing in a game I hate. I had a blast with CP 2077 and have played it 5 times now. I only have to cope with negative things in my life rather than the positive ones.

Hopefully I have to “cope” this much with CDPRs next game too

Yeah becuase they had to fix the broken game they released in 2020. The DLC we did get was fantastic. I’m guessing you haven’t played it given you didn’t know it even had bikes FFS.
Yeah, they had to fix their own game, and in result they didn't finished it. You finally get it.
:lol: What do I have to cope with? I’m not the one blathering on a forum about bike racing in a game I hate. I had a blast with CP 2077 and have played it 5 times now. I only have to cope with negative things in my life rather than the positive ones.

Hopefully I have to “cope” this much with CDPRs next game too
I just gave you examples of full story dlc that were cut down from the game.

You can't comprehend someone can have a critical thinking standpoint, you're unable to question the product, you just want consume. I get it.

Hi, does anybody here knows how to recover the double jump that was combine with sthg (I can remember what, I think with that special ankle) that allows to make great jumps and almost reach any building?.
After the upgrades I've lost that ability and I trully do not want to play it anyomre without it, I fecking hate that they fvck up that ability. I couldn't find anything remotely similar, some peopel said dash with sthg. but it ain't even remotely as easy to pull it out nor as great. Thanks in advance!

Hi, does anybody here knows how to recover the double jump that was combine with sthg (I can remember what, I think with that special ankle) that allows to make great jumps and almost reach any building?.
After the upgrades I've lost that ability and I trully do not want to play it anyomre without it, I fecking hate that they fvck up that ability. I couldn't find anything remotely similar, some peopel said dash with sthg. but it ain't even remotely as easy to pull it out nor as great. Thanks in advance!
Think they're called ripper docs. Think an update kind of broke existing characters cybernetics and you just have to reequip them.

Reinforced tenders from a ripper doc

Yeah, they had to fix their own game, and in result they didn't finished it. You finally get it.
It would be rather weird if they were fixing someone else’s game. They fixed it and finished it. That they made 1 DLC or 10 doesn’t change that.

You can't comprehend someone can have a critical thinking standpoint, you're unable to question the product, you just want consume. I get it.
You can have a critical standpoint just as someone can respond to those points. Seems you’re not able to take that. The difference is that I love the product (despite whatever flaws it has like most products) and you don’t. I have a more “critical standpoint” of games I didn’t enjoy.

Think they're called ripper docs. Think an update kind of broke existing characters cybernetics and you just have to reequip them.

That might be, I'll give a try to reequip them

Reinforced tenders from a ripper doc

like I've said above, I think I still have them in fact it wa froma particular ripper doc, that creepy bald fella, so I'll try that tip of reequip them and see what happens

Thanks to both! and I hope that it's not working on puropose because it was damn easy to reach many places with that combination

It would be rather weird if they were fixing someone else’s game. They fixed it and finished it. That they made 1 DLC or 10 doesn’t change that.
Nope. Story expands after the main campaign, and there was full DLC planned for that. The story of main campaign is not finished, and it shows by it's relative short length.

You can have a critical standpoint just as someone can respond to those points. Seems you’re not able to take that. The difference is that I love the product (despite whatever flaws it has like most products) and you don’t. I have a more “critical standpoint” of games I didn’t enjoy.
Your critical standpoint is telling me to get feck out of the thread and calling me obsessed, even when I'm giving you example, upon example of cut content from the game.

Don't try to spin it. I wrote what I think about the game and you started responding to my posts, you didn't like the criticism of the game, so you resorted to typical trash talk.

Nope. Story expands after the main campaign, and there was full DLC planned for that. The story of main campaign is not finished, and it shows by its relative short length.
It’s a bit on the shorter side I agree but the side quests and multiple endings make up for it. I don’t think cut content makes a game necessarily incomplete - depends on your experience. If someone told me Outer Wilds was initially intended to have 12 planets instead of the 5-6 it wouldn’t change my view on it being one of the best games ever made, or cause to believe it to be incomplete.

Anyhoo I’ve put 100 hours into each play through of this.

Your critical standpoint is telling me to get feck out of the thread and calling me obsessed, even when I'm giving you example, upon example of cut content from the game.

Don't try to spin it. I wrote what I think about the game and you started responding to my posts, you didn't like the criticism of the game, so you resorted to typical trash talk.
You sound really affected by this game. Gaming is supposed to be fun. Not, whatever this is doing to you.

It’s a bit on the shorter side I agree but the side quests and multiple endings make up for it. I don’t think cut content makes a game necessarily incomplete - depends on your experience. If someone told me Outer Wilds was initially intended to have 12 planets instead of the 5-6 it wouldn’t change my view on it being one of the best games ever made, or cause to believe it to be incomplete.

Anyhoo I’ve put 100 hours into each play through of this.
Gladly waited for all dlc's and some fixes, played it all and moved on. Very good game, could try mod it to add more flavour and lore, but these annoying new patches rectify compability. Twice the budget of Witcher III, and it's not entirely fulfilling experience, even despite neat performances from voice actors.

If only Outer Wilds had Cyberpunk's budget, we wouldn't need tripple A gaming. Then again, Annapurna Interactive dissolved, and this is what's really affecting me negatively, and probably the industry, as it needs that kind of devs.

You sound really affected by this game. Gaming is supposed to be fun. Not, whatever this is doing to you.
On a contrary, I see what game really is, and not falling under it's illusion and marketing manipulations.

Gladly waited for all dlc's and some fixes, played it all and moved on. Very good game, could try mod it to add more flavour and lore, but these annoying new patches rectify compability. Twice the budget of Witcher III, and it's not entirely fulfilling experience, even despite neat performances from voice actors.

If only Outer Wilds had Cyberpunk's budget, we wouldn't need tripple A gaming. Then again, Annapurna Interactive dissolved, and this is what's really affecting me negatively, and probably the industry, as it needs that kind of devs.

On a contrary, I see what game really is, and not falling under its illusion and marketing manipulations.
Outer Wilds didn’t need a bigger budget. It’s perfect just the way it is. Möbius Digital made it anyway, the absolute wizards.

Yes only you apparently see and say it like it is. What a hero.

Are the enemies still very bullet spongey?

Also still perplexed at the decision to make it a first person game :confused:

Outer Wilds didn’t need a bigger budget. It’s perfect just the way it is. Möbius Digital made it anyway, the absolute wizards.

Yes only you apparently see and say it like it is. What a hero.
In that case, it's good news. Hoping more of this type productions, rather than another generic open world like Valhalla.

Please leave us first person perspective lovers alone... almost every game is 3rd person these days, just leave us something you greedy fecks.

Please leave us first person perspective lovers alone... almost every game is 3rd person these days, just leave us something you greedy fecks.

1st person perspective was the right choice, imo.

The game world was designed with an impressive level of verticality and scale. You get the benefit of that best when you utilise 1st person, rather than 3rd person perspective.

On a contrary, I see what game really is, and not falling under it's illusion and marketing manipulations.

What is the illusion and marketing manipulation you speak of, and why did almost every major critic fall prey to it at PL DLC and base game overhaul patch and offer it unanimous and overwhelming praise? That's a disparity between your experience, and the vast majority of professional video game critics, is it not?

Isn't this what general consensus is for? Isn't that why we go to websites such as Metacritic? For when critics and users alike both agree that something is excellent, whether it's a film, TV series, or video game, then it can be reliably stated that is fulfills the criteria of being sufficiently good enough to warrant praise.

What's the alternative?

The alternative is that I'm wrong, @amolbhatia50k is wrong, SkillUp is wrong, the vast majority of Steam PC users (who apparently don't need 4090's to have a great experience, hence the review) are wrong, the overwhelmingly positive professional critics are wrong, the majority of positive RedCafe experiences are wrong, the majority positive user scores on a number of platforms and websites are wrong. Everyone's wrong.

Except Van Piorsing.

I don't even know why I even have a Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, Letterbox'd or Metacritic account. I don't even know why I bother consulting the "masses", when all I have to do is consult Van Piorsing, who is apparently the arbiter of all that is altogether good and right.

"Professional video game critics"

:lol: feck sake, that one had me more than the earlier "frame generation" post.

Great work, I'm a fan! :lol:

Why address the fact that most people in the gaming space love the game when you can nitpick your own subjective shtick. :lol:

I remember you from TLOU original thread telling everyone that it was underwhelming and not great when everyone else was praising it to high heaven. You got a rep, chief. ;)

Why address the fact that most people in the gaming space love the game when you can nitpick your own subjective shtick. :lol:

I remember you from TLOU original thread telling everyone that it was underwhelming and not great when everyone else was praising it to high heaven. You got a rep, chief. ;)
Oh stop you, I'm already onside! ;)