Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Dumb question but how do I upload photos? This thread really showing how much of a technophobe I am :lol:

I'm nearing the end of Phantom Liberty, I think - and while it's fun and a cool story with some epic quests, I don't quite understand the whole "2.0 is basically a completely different game" spiel. Like, yeah, the perks and the cyberware are handled much better but actually playing the game feels exactly the same.

Also, I hate that fecking Dogtown checkpoint. I'm guessing it's a disguised loading screen but ugh.

I'm nearing the end of Phantom Liberty, I think - and while it's fun and a cool story with some epic quests, I don't quite understand the whole "2.0 is basically a completely different game" spiel. Like, yeah, the perks and the cyberware are handled much better but actually playing the game feels exactly the same.

Also, I hate that fecking Dogtown checkpoint. I'm guessing it's a disguised loading screen but ugh.
I found the enemies much smarter but that could be because I played on medium then switched to hard on the update. They be flanking more often and using grenades. Its more challenging. The police also have better responses. You actually make specific builds now too.

I have picked this up recently again, having initially bounce off of it the first time just after release and I still can't really get into it. I mean the world is fantastic and walking around Night City is quite engrossing but the actual game part of it I find incredibly tedious and boring. Most of these missions are just go from point A to point B, do a very basic thing that will nonetheless be explained to you in details so you don't actually need to think about what you do, rinse and repeat. It's not a bad game, the writing is good, the setting is fantastic but I find it the whole experience to be completely bland. To be fair though I've had this with so many of modern games recently that I begin to think it's just me.

Some of the later car theft missions with timers how the actual hell do you finish them. I mean some of them you are meant to have no damage to the car. You are being chased and shot at and rammed AND there is still a timer. I can only make it if its a motorcycle. Those drive the best and I can just weave in and out of traffic without damage and lose the guys chasing me.

Am I just a terrible driver or what on the timed ones?

I have picked this up recently again, having initially bounce off of it the first time just after release and I still can't really get into it. I mean the world is fantastic and walking around Night City is quite engrossing but the actual game part of it I find incredibly tedious and boring. Most of these missions are just go from point A to point B, do a very basic thing that will nonetheless be explained to you in details so you don't actually need to think about what you do, rinse and repeat. It's not a bad game, the writing is good, the setting is fantastic but I find it the whole experience to be completely bland. To be fair though I've had this with so many of modern games recently that I begin to think it's just me.
My advice is go with a completely different build, as in radically different to what you're usually accustomed to.

I've always gone through stealthy/hacky setups (as I did on my first playthrough with this game) and for 2.0 I thought feck it and just went full reflex katana demon. It honestly breathes new life into the game for me.

Some of the later car theft missions with timers how the actual hell do you finish them. I mean some of them you are meant to have no damage to the car. You are being chased and shot at and rammed AND there is still a timer. I can only make it if its a motorcycle. Those drive the best and I can just weave in and out of traffic without damage and lose the guys chasing me.

The timers are ridiculously tight. The one time I made it, it was with something like two seconds left.

Nah I had one earlier where I had to travel 4.5k in a literal banger. I had a job staying alive and the car blew up before I even got to within half that distance. I got a text massage saying “you fecked up” mate I had no chance! I think In future I’m going to stick to motorbikes and super cars!

My advice is go with a completely different build, as in radically different to what you're usually accustomed to.

I've always gone through stealthy/hacky setups (as I did on my first playthrough with this game) and for 2.0 I thought feck it and just went full reflex katana demon. It honestly breathes new life into the game for me.
I’d recommend anyone go for the katana build, it’s unbelievably fun and strong. The mission where I had to take on MaxTac I just demolished them without taking a hit!

I've only bought it recently but it's the same story here, I should be loving this but I have to force myself to boot it up again in the hope that it'll eventually click. These are the two main issues for me personally:

- The game seems to non-stop bombard me with new contacts, jobs, gigs, side quests and whatever else. In a couple of hours of trying to make some progress, I must've been contacted by at least 10 people trying to get me to do shit. I don't know who they are, why they know me, why I should know them or why I should care. I'm trying to go against my gamer instinct and just straight up ignore all of them, but the game isn't making that easy for me. I feel like this leads me to a playstyle where I have to open my journal, mindlessly pick a job from the ever growing list without having any context and just go perform whatever task it wants me to. I feel completely detached from the world and characters.

- This might just be me, but this is one of the least intuitive games I've ever played. I constantly feel lost, both in the game's systems and in the dialogues. Someone told me to do police missions. I don't even know what this means, but I see these icons on the map, so I try to help the police. I take out some hostiles and now I've got the police on me. Great. Someone tells me to go and neutralize cyberpsychos in a non-lethal way. I honestly don't even know what my non-lethal options are, but sure, I'll go there. Try to sneak up on the cyberpsycho but they always magically know I'm coming and obliterate me in seconds. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what I'm supposed to be doing. Person A gives me a job and tells me to talk to person B first. I do that, and after that conversation, my imaginary friend suddenly tells me I'm dumb for going ahead with the mission behind person A's back. What?? I did what they asked, where did I mess up this time? I feel so fecking dumb and lost the whole time.

Anyway, this turned into a bit of a rant but the game just frustrates me. The main story missions are actually pretty good so I keep telling myself if I just focus on that and ignore all the noise, maybe I'll love it. But it's not easy when the game keeps trying to distract me.

I've only bought it recently but it's the same story here, I should be loving this but I have to force myself to boot it up again in the hope that it'll eventually click. These are the two main issues for me personally:

- The game seems to non-stop bombard me with new contacts, jobs, gigs, side quests and whatever else. In a couple of hours of trying to make some progress, I must've been contacted by at least 10 people trying to get me to do shit. I don't know who they are, why they know me, why I should know them or why I should care. I'm trying to go against my gamer instinct and just straight up ignore all of them, but the game isn't making that easy for me. I feel like this leads me to a playstyle where I have to open my journal, mindlessly pick a job from the ever growing list without having any context and just go perform whatever task it wants me to. I feel completely detached from the world and characters.

- This might just be me, but this is one of the least intuitive games I've ever played. I constantly feel lost, both in the game's systems and in the dialogues. Someone told me to do police missions. I don't even know what this means, but I see these icons on the map, so I try to help the police. I take out some hostiles and now I've got the police on me. Great. Someone tells me to go and neutralize cyberpsychos in a non-lethal way. I honestly don't even know what my non-lethal options are, but sure, I'll go there. Try to sneak up on the cyberpsycho but they always magically know I'm coming and obliterate me in seconds. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what I'm supposed to be doing. Person A gives me a job and tells me to talk to person B first. I do that, and after that conversation, my imaginary friend suddenly tells me I'm dumb for going ahead with the mission behind person A's back. What?? I did what they asked, where did I mess up this time? I feel so fecking dumb and lost the whole time.

Anyway, this turned into a bit of a rant but the game just frustrates me. The main story missions are actually pretty good so I keep telling myself if I just focus on that and ignore all the noise, maybe I'll love it. But it's not easy when the game keeps trying to distract me.
Sounds like you just need to stick with it a little more until you understand the game systems. My advice would be to follow quest chains no matter where they take you on the map. The way I tend to play then is to just pick an area to focus on, go on the map, look for all the blue icons and any side biz (quests) and then just stick around that area demolishing everyone.

Basically my sentiments, very well said. I force myself to play it, and it kind of leads me by the hand (there is very little need for creativity) but I’m not really picking up much interest in it and I am beginning to treat it as a tick box exercise to just complete the missions as they come.

Basically my sentiments, very well said. I force myself to play it, and it kind of leads me by the hand (there is very little need for creativity) but I’m not really picking up much interest in it and I am beginning to treat it as a tick box exercise to just complete the missions as they come.
It’s wild how much it leads you by the hand, too. I’m maybe 10-13 hours in and enjoying it a bit more but I swear until now I had the same issues as Ainu and most missions I was just a passenger in someone else’s car while they did stuff, or just walked to somewhere and talked to people. Oh and feck braindances, forgot how bad a mechanic they are. So fecking frustrating and boring!

but yeah, it definitely gets better after the opening 10 hours and @Ainu I honestly wouldn’t bother with the side gigs. Main story missions and side quests (some of the side quests are great and more interesting than the main plot itself) is the way to go.

Sounds to me like you are a beginner at this stage and only need a bit more playtime/experience. Police missions are "NCPD" icons on the map and to take out cyber psycho non lethalily use a stun baton or blunt weapon when the health is low. Your game may be buggie because I do not get bombarded with contacts. They usually take a while before hitting me up and I can go through hours without hearing from them. The police never come after me during NCPD missions. Are you on previous gen console?
The game is very easy and you can ignore Jonny as he has his own anti corpo agenda

Sounds to me like you are a beginner at this stage and only need a bit more playtime/experience. Police missions are "NCPD" icons on the map and to take out cyber psycho non lethalily use a stun baton or blunt weapon when the health is low. Your game may be buggie because I do not get bombarded with contacts. They usually take a while before hitting me up and I can go through hours without hearing from them. The police never come after me during NCPD missions. Are you on previous gen console?
The game is very easy and you can ignore Jonny as he has his own anti corpo agenda
That's just the thing, I consider myself, while not necessarily skilled, at least extremely well versed in a wide variety of genres, yet this game constantly makes me feel like a rookie. :lol: And, since I'm not insane, I'm not playing this on a previous gen console, no.

Something about the way the game presents itself just doesn't seem to vibe with how my brain is wired. Curiously, I didn't have that issue with any of their previous games, having played all three Witcher games at the time of their releases.

On the other hand, I read The Neuromancer a few years ago, the 80s novel that spawned the entire cyberpunk genre, and that was a completely disorienting and confusing experience. So I guess the game is true to the genre, at least for me.

So I just finished Phantom liberty, what a wild journey that was. Fantastic expansion, love how they condensed the best bits of the game into Dogtown. Even the gigs all had a complex story to them with choices and ramifications that are felt well after. The ending I got felt depressing as hell though, and from what I've read all of them are pretty bleak.

Oh but that last mission on the Reed path

That whole segment can go feck itself, didn't sign up to play clunky Alien Isolation

There's also been a patch released today too, from what I've skimmed they've added more lenient timers for those new vehicle missions.

So I just finished Phantom liberty, what a wild journey that was. Fantastic expansion, love how they condensed the best bits of the game into Dogtown. Even the gigs all had a complex story to them with choices and ramifications that are felt well after. The ending I got felt depressing as hell though, and from what I've read all of them are pretty bleak.

That whole segment can go feck itself, didn't sign up to play clunky Alien Isolation

There's also been a patch released today too, from what I've skimmed they've added more lenient timers for those new vehicle missions.

What did you choose?
I killed Reed (reluctantly) and sent songbird to space to be cured

I'm on the very last mission of the game, and while I'm still really enjoying it I think doing all the side missions etc has led to me being too powerful. I also love headshotting with Agaou

What did you choose?
I killed Reed (reluctantly) and sent songbird to space to be cured

I'm on the very last mission of the game, and while I'm still really enjoying it I think doing all the side missions etc has led to me being too powerful. I also love headshotting with Agaou

I sided with Reed, and right at the end I chose to kill Songbird instead of handing her over to be used as an NUSA slave. I didn't trust Songbird at all (which seemed dignified since I'm hearing she's lied about curing you), and I wasn't about to unleash a blackwall infested AI supernuke onto the world. The ending I got was Reed being pissed at me, the President being pissed at me (but I told her to go feck herself which was satisfying), but eventually Reed contacts you and concedes you did the right thing.

I just wish we had one ending that wasn't so goddamn bleak.

Will play the patch later. I finished the expansion on my new character. Still have a few Dogtown gigs left for Mr. Hands. I chose to
Help Reed. Ambush Songbird. Got the horror level where I died 6 times by the spider machine thing. I got the Militech Canto Mk.6 cyberdeck to use. Which still needs some buffs imo but I like the evil AI. I let NUSA take her and cure her when she asked me to just die.

Probably didn't chose the best path for the "best ending" But, I wanted the exclusive goodies for that choice for my Netrunner.

I was getting some of those hidden weapons my last playthru.

Will play the patch later. I finished the expansion on my new character. Still have a few Dogtown gigs left for Mr. Hands. I chose to
Help Reed. Ambush Songbird. Got the horror level where I died 6 times by the spider machine thing. I got the Militech Canto Mk.6 cyberdeck to use. Which still needs some buffs imo but I like the evil AI. I let NUSA take her and cure her when she asked me to just die.

Probably didn't chose the best path for the "best ending" But, I wanted the exclusive goodies for that choice for my Netrunner.

I'm glad two people picked the same path as i originally did as seemingly everyone else did the opposite and i was beginning to do my usual and wonder why i'm such a weirdo when it comes to always picking the options in games that no one else does :D

I liked Reed as a character- thought Idris did a great job.

Unironically, I think the best ending is if you do nothing during the opening sequence:

When the plane crashes, just walk away and refuse to help. What follows is an amusing scenario where the President dies (deserved), and Songbird loses her shit and calls you a cnut, end of the story. Reed lives, Alex lives, Songbird lives, and the President dies. Mr Hand still contacts you giving you gigs for Dogtown.

Thats the only 'happy' ending I can think of :lol:

I'm glad two people picked the same path as i originally did as seemingly everyone else did the opposite and i was beginning to do my usual and wonder why i'm such a weirdo when it comes to always picking the options in games that no one else does :D

I liked Reed as a character- thought Idris did a great job.

I'm a huge Idris Elba fan, sorry but Songbird had no chance :lol:

I'm a huge Idris Elba fan, sorry but Songbird had no chance :lol:
I liked her and i went back and did all the all endings but, other than the fact she's attractive, I can't really see why so many people would side with her. Reed is obviously a bit suspicious but he felt more trustworthy to me even when he killed those twins. Songbird was cool with killing all those people at the stadium and it was obvious she was hiding something big which turned out to be very true so i felt justified in siding with Reed. That's the path with then least player choices though according to the trophies.

I liked her and i went back and did all the all endings but, other than the fact she's attractive, I can't really see why so many people would side with her. Reed is obviously a bit suspicious but he felt more trustworthy to me even when he killed those twins. Songbird was cool with killing all those people at the stadium and it was obvious she was hiding something big which turned out to be very true so i felt justified in siding with Reed. That's the path with then least player choices though according to the trophies.
I agree. Storywise I just didn't buy what she was selling personally. Even though the main reason was I wanted the exclusive items from the other choice. I still wouldn't have sided with her from a story perspective.

Sidenote is anyone trying those axe builds at all? I got that iconic axe but i was watching vids of people just throwing hatchets into faces etc it looked fun but I am terrible aiming the knives and throwing weapons at weakpoints

I sided with Reed, and right at the end I chose to kill Songbird instead of handing her over to be used as an NUSA slave. I didn't trust Songbird at all (which seemed dignified since I'm hearing she's lied about curing you), and I wasn't about to unleash a blackwall infested AI supernuke onto the world. The ending I got was Reed being pissed at me, the President being pissed at me (but I told her to go feck herself which was satisfying), but eventually Reed contacts you and concedes you did the right thing.

I just wish we had one ending that wasn't so goddamn bleak.

While I totally get the decisions you guys made, I decided that I was going to go against Reed because of how he's the ultimate example of ends justifying the means. He knew that Netrunner was going to die and forced him into it, he killed the twins because they were 'criminals', I'm a criminal! Also I know Myers sent them a payment, but when he said Jacob and Tyler had been 'taken care of' I wondered if he off'd them as loose ends too. I'm actually surprised in the other endings where you help him he doesn't attempt to kill V. His main saving grace is that he's a really good character, very believable and well acted.

I didn't mind the stunt Songbird pulled, as for meta reasons I knew I wasn't going to get cured. The plane crash in an empty stadium only killed a few of the President's aids, who I actively dislike anyway. So as she'd been manipulated and used her whole life, turned into an actual tool, saving her and giving a feck you to Myers was my favourite option (and Alex got to retire to the place she'd always wanted).

I think it's a highlight of the writing that all the endings feel wrong to me. The characters are all believable and plausible, and well acted.

Forgot to add this too

The other reason I picked her, the main reason really, is that she just wanted out. She didn't want power or to control the world, she just wanted to escape. Whereas Reed was loyal to Myers, NUSA just want a WMD

While I totally get the decisions you guys made, I decided that I was going to go against Reed because of how he's the ultimate example of ends justifying the means. He knew that Netrunner was going to die and forced him into it, he killed the twins because they were 'criminals', I'm a criminal! Also I know Myers sent them a payment, but when he said Jacob and Tyler had been 'taken care of' I wondered if he off'd them as loose ends too. I'm actually surprised in the other endings where you help him he doesn't attempt to kill V. His main saving grace is that he's a really good character, very believable and well acted.

I didn't mind the stunt Songbird pulled, as for meta reasons I knew I wasn't going to get cured. The plane crash in an empty stadium only killed a few of the President's aids, who I actively dislike anyway. So as she'd been manipulated and used her whole life, turned into an actual tool, saving her and giving a feck you to Myers was my favourite option (and Alex got to retire to the place she'd always wanted).

I think it's a highlight of the writing that all the endings feel wrong to me. The characters are all believable and plausible, and well acted.
Interestingly, the only option for a cure came from helping Reed. So he was the only party that came good on his promise. If you return Songbird to him, he ensures you're put up in the FIA's best medical facility where they're able to extract the relic from you. Granted its a double edged sword since while you're 'cured', you become a weak, atrophied NPC who loses all their chrome, strength and friends, but it does save your life. He also offers you protection and a job at the FIA. So as unrelenting as he may seem, he did ultimately prove to be an honest ally that came good on their promise, which you can't say the same for Songbird who never intended to help you.

Interestingly, the only option for a cure came from helping Reed. So he was the only party that came good on his promise. If you return Songbird to him, he ensures you're put up in the FIA's best medical facility where they're able to extract the relic from you. Granted its a double edged sword since while you're 'cured', you become a weak, atrophied NPC who loses all their chrome, strength and friends, but it does save your life. He also offers you protection and a job at the FIA. So as unrelenting as he may seem, he did ultimately prove to be an honest ally that came good on their promise, which you can't say the same for Songbird who never intended to help you.

The downside for me though is he's loyal to Myers, who wants a WMD, that's why NUSA is supposedly breaking the treaty on going beyond the blackwall. So while Reed would come good on the promise to me, he's still a loyal soldier for someone who I think is evil, and ultimately a threat to the average person in a way Songbird isn't. She just wanted out, and while she lied to me, she also came clean when she didn't have to which I liked. Ultimately I found her goal more noble than the others

This is a big part of why I liked the expansion a lot. Because I can easily see why you think that is the best option. Reed was more trustworthy than Songbird, and he delivered (albeit at great cost to you, but still better than what Songbird ultimately offered). So I can see why people wouldn't want to kill him Edit: In fact it makes killing him much more tragic

Last edited:
Stop openly talking about the ending you whackos

Finish Phantom Liberty and take part then :p
The downside for me though is he's loyal to Myers, who wants a WMD, that's why NUSA is supposedly breaking the treaty on going beyond the blackwall. So while Reed would come good on the promise to me, he's still a loyal soldier for someone who I think is evil, and ultimately a threat to the average person in a way Songbird isn't. She just wanted out, and while she lied to me, she also came clean when she didn't have to which I liked. Ultimately I found her goal more noble than the others

This is a big part of why I liked the expansion a lot. Because I can easily see why you think that is the best option. Reed was more trustworthy than Songbird, and he delivered (albeit at great cost to you, but still better than what Songbird ultimately offered). So I can see why people wouldn't want to kill him
Yeah I was uneasy with playing directly into Myers and the NUSA's hands, but I could absolve Reed somewhat as I felt he had nothing to fight or live for but his assignment, its all he's ever known. And I believe him when he says he genuinely wants to help Songbird in the process.

The other reason I couldn't bring myself to help Songbird is firstly - she's already infected with the blackwall, as far as I'm concerned she's a terrifying, ticking timebomb that needs to be tamed, or unfortunately -neutralised. And the other reason is - Mr Blue Eyes. There's a lot of speculation on who he is and what he wants, but I buy into the theory in that he's an AI from beyond the blackwall that's pulling the strings from the shadows. I believe he was responsible for indoctrinating the Peralez family (you can spot him creepily watching you from afar while you talk to Jefferson at the end of that questchain), and I believe he was also the mysterious benefactor who helped Songbird at the spaceport (again, you can spot him during the train ride at the spaceport). I feel like he has some malevolent intention with Songbird, and simply freeing her plays right into his almost certainly nefarious plans. As an added bonus, I'm also sure he's what that crazy conspiracy theorist Preacher was alluding to - 'corpo suits with blue eyes'.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say he'll play a big role in the sequel :smirk:

Finish Phantom Liberty and take part then :p

Yeah I was uneasy with playing directly into Myers and the NUSA's hands, but I could absolve Reed somewhat as I felt he had nothing to fight or live for but his assignment, its all he's ever known. And I believe him when he says he genuinely wants to help Songbird in the process.

The other reason I couldn't bring myself to help Songbird is firstly - she's already infected with the blackwall, as far as I'm concerned she's a terrifying, ticking timebomb that needs to be tamed, or unfortunately -neutralised. And the other reason is - Mr Blue Eyes. There's a lot of speculation on who he is and what he wants, but I buy into the theory in that he's an AI from beyond the blackwall that's pulling the strings from the shadows. I believe he was responsible for indoctrinating the Peralez family (you can spot him creepily watching you from afar while you talk to Jefferson at the end of that questchain), and I believe he was also the mysterious benefactor who helped Songbird at the spaceport (again, you can spot him during the train ride at the spaceport). I feel like he has some malevolent intention with Songbird, and simply freeing her plays right into his almost certainly nefarious plans. As an added bonus, I'm also sure he's what that crazy conspiracy theorist Preacher was alluding to - 'corpo suits with blue eyes'.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say he'll play a big role in the sequel :smirk:

That's actually a really good point, I hadn't considered the latter part of your argument. The first part about the timebomb I had considered, and I did think about neutralising her, but ultimately took a leap of faith (which does seem naiive of me considering what's at risk).

But yeah really good argument, I missed all that and it makes a ton of sense

After reading @Kaos argument, I now actually regret my choice. I still prefer Songbird's goal, in comparison to that of Myers, but I think now she has to die

Glad I wasn’t the only one. Since when was I playing a horror movie!

I really enjoyed it I just felt deflated after completing it because I sort of felt like my ending gave me very little. Will definitely be experimenting on other endings on my next playthrough.

Glad I wasn’t the only one. Since when was I playing a horror movie!

I really enjoyed it I just felt deflated after completing it because I sort of felt like my ending gave me very little. Will definitely be experimenting on other endings on my next playthrough.
They all feel pretty deflating tbh. You walk away from all of them feeling immediately regretful and asking the inevitable 'what if?' questions. Think that's by design.

That's the whole shtick with the Cyberpunk genre in general, its painfully dystopian with no room for fairy tale happily every after tropes, best you're going to get is some sort of bittersweet conclusion, verging more on the bitter. I still think my V deserved a better end, it feels like which ever ending I go with (both PL and the base game) always ends up being a pyrrhic conclusion. Someone you care for gets hurt, or you're doomed, and often it was all for nothing. Ugh.

Was hoping they'd give us one more expansion which finally offers V a more fitting end.

They all feel pretty deflating tbh. You walk away from all of them feeling immediately regretful and asking the inevitable 'what if?' questions. Think that's by design.

That's the whole shtick with the Cyberpunk genre in general, its painfully dystopian with no room for fairy tale happily every after tropes, best you're going to get is some sort of bittersweet conclusion, verging more on the bitter. I still think my V deserved a better end, it feels like which ever ending I go with (both PL and the base game) always ends up being a pyrrhic conclusion. Someone you care for gets hurt, or you're doomed, and often it was all for nothing. Ugh.

Was hoping they'd give us one more expansion which finally offers V a more fitting end.
Yep agreed and it’s probably one of the strongest parts of the game. Think that just surprised me slightly though because some many video game stories just say yay you saved the day, you’re the hero”. I haven’t played all the base game endings but I remember being really happy with my Nomad character choices and ending. Not sure if some of the other base game endings are bittersweet.

Yep agreed and it’s probably one of the strongest parts of the game. Think that just surprised me slightly though because some many video game stories just say yay you saved the day, you’re the hero”. I haven’t played all the base game endings but I remember being really happy with my Nomad character choices and ending. Not sure if some of the other base game endings are bittersweet.
Honestly think that's probably the most optimistic one. The others are pretty much guttingly depressing or just flat out infuriating. Think the conversation you have with Dexter DeShawn in the cab as well as the tarot card explanations with Misty pretty much foreshadow the options you have.