Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

The fact that it’s next gen only is promising at least. Maybe this and the improvements to the base game will convince me to do another play through.

The fact that it’s next gen only is promising at least. Maybe this and the improvements to the base game will convince me to do another play through.
I've been playing it recently on the Series X and the difference compared to release is quite big. They've made huge improvements. It's a lot of fun to play now (even if it isn't the game CDPR originally promised).

Just finished it for the first time. Outstanding.
:drool: What type of build/ ending did you go for?

I'm taking my time over my 2nd playthrough. Doing side stuff with story once in awhile in between. With the Witcher 3 next gen update I'll be playing two CDPR games at the same time.

I'm taking my time over my 2nd playthrough. Doing side stuff with story once in awhile in between. With the Witcher 3 next gen update I'll be playing two CDPR games at the same time.
This is what I’m doing after the Witcher 3 update on Wednesday.

This is what I’m doing after the Witcher 3 update on Wednesday.
4th playthrough for me. Damn I love that game. Only question is performance or ray tracing. So far I just can't deal with anything other than 60fps on the PS5 as I've gotten used to it but I want to see the difference in this case if any.

Any idea of the PS4 version is playable? I suppose I could get it for my PC, but I've never really used my computer for gaming.
No idea honestly. I'm playing it on PS5 and that is fine. I heard that on PS4 to fix the performance they have drastically decreased traffic on the streets making the city feel a bit like a ghost town. I must say even on PS5 the streets are a bit empty for such a supposedly bustling metropolis, but it's not that immersion breaking to me.

Still after playing it more, it is also a bit of a shame that it's very apparant that this game could've been so much more than it ended up being.

I ended up in Orbit with no romances. Mostly brute forced my way through it with decent weapons.

Just started this.
Must say I prefer open world games which aren't based in a city. Find them too busy.
The driving is god damn awful but overall finding lt ok so far.

This would be perfect to play over Christmas but I know I won't play any of the DLC or the update once that comes in a few months. So I am forcing myself to wait still.

I'm currently playing two concurrent playthroughs / builds - one a shotgun brawling Nomad (body / tech and some reflex / cold blood) and the other my netrunner ninja corpo (intelligence / reflex / nintinsu).

I've got other games to play but I can't seem to let go of this. Just so much fun. And thr writing is so good I don't mind replaying story missions either. I thought shotgun and blunt weapons wouldn't be good but it's actually quite interesting in a carefree manner.

Finished this the other day and loved it. It's launch is a real shame as its a genuinely good game, one that many will miss out on.

Finished this the other day and loved it. It's launch is a real shame as its a genuinely good game, one that many will miss out on.
Yeh I completely agree, I just recently finished it too and loved every minute of it. Definitely going to go back and play again with a different start. I chose nomad first, going for corpo this time!

I was going to start the TW3 after GOW but have absentmindedly got into Cyberpunk.

CDPR have done a good job rescuing this, there’s a massive difference to the state of it since the last time I tried to play it. Enjoying it so far.

Think I’ll do The Witcher upgrade when I finish Mass Effect as I never properly finished it. Then hopefully once I’m done the next update for this will be out and I can actually try this game properly.

I was going to start the TW3 after GOW but have absentmindedly got into Cyberpunk.

CDPR have done a good job rescuing this, there’s a massive difference to the state of it since the last time I tried to play it. Enjoying it so far.
How’s your playthrough going?

Im now 90 and 60 hours into my concurrent 2nd and 3rd play throughs. Can’t figure which I enjoy more - my netrunner blades V or my sandevistan shotgun V. Safe to say I’m a bit obsessed with this game:nervous:

Love this game so far and taking it absolutely slow on my first playthrough. Already 70+ hours in and about 10% left in the games' main story.

Love this game so far and taking it absolutely slow on my first playthrough. Already 70+ hours in and about 10% left in the games' main story.
What’s your build? Erm I mean your V’s build.

Good thing now is that a lot of the content which was earlier optional and not even marked as formal quests, hence resulting in tons of early players missing out, has been marked as such. My brother didn’t experience so much content that I did due to timing.

I just played the Paralez and River story arcs again and those are some of the best in the entire game. Brilliant stuff.

What’s your build? Erm I mean your V’s build.

Good thing now is that a lot of the content which was earlier optional and not even marked as formal quests, hence resulting in tons of early players missing out, has been marked as such. My brother didn’t experience so much content that I did due to timing.

I just played the Paralez and River story arcs again and those are some of the best in the entire game. Brilliant stuff.
Mostly on Intelligence. I already maxed it out and have the Tetratronic Mk4 equipped (Legendary Version). The NCPDs quests are particularly fun. Even before they know what's happening, I either Short Circuited them or reset them. :drool:

In the off chance that I could not hack them quick enough, rely on an old fashion Assault Rifle as my secondary.

Yeah, the River story was really creepy. Also liked the Lizzy Wizzy Mission, although fairly short.

How’s your playthrough going?

Im now 90 and 60 hours into my concurrent 2nd and 3rd play throughs. Can’t figure which I enjoy more - my netrunner blades V or my sandevistan shotgun V. Safe to say I’m a bit obsessed with this game:nervous:
I got blown off course dude again!

I’m terrible for focus. Had a play around with Mass Effect, got into that for a bit, then some GT7 with my new wheel setup. Then Uncharted 4, but then decided I needed to play through the entire Uncharted series which I managed in a week :lol:

Now preparation the PSVR2 I’ve dusted down No Man’s Sky and am currently as obsessed with that as you are CP2077!

I’ll get back to it at some point as I was enjoying it.

I love your enthusiasm about lt this game though. Flying the CPRD flag!

I got blown off course dude again!

I’m terrible for focus. Had a play around with Mass Effect, got into that for a bit, then some GT7 with my new wheel setup. Then Uncharted 4, but then decided I needed to play through the entire Uncharted series which I managed in a week :lol:

Now preparation the PSVR2 I’ve dusted down No Man’s Sky and am currently as obsessed with that as you are CP2077!

I’ll get back to it at some point as I was enjoying it.

I love your enthusiasm about lt this game though. Flying the CPRD flag!
I’m happy to fly that particular flag! Witcher 3 and Deus Ex are in my top 3 games of all time so a love child of the two was going to be right up my alley. But I didn’t expect to be this lost in it. What I love is that you can have so many different experiences via different builds, decisions, genders and dialogue choices.

Playing it on PC after getting it at launch on PS4. It's certainly a lot better than it was but I'm amazed that the text message and double game launch bugs are still there. It's a shame that the majority of mods for it are still just horny shite.

But it's more than enough to redeem the game in my eyes. They fecked up and lied to customers on launch, and they deservedly got shit for it. But fair fecks for putting the effort into improving it. Might even get the upcoming paid DLC...

Downloading this now. I want to try it with the 4090 pray I dont burn my house down!

Digital foundry did some videos on this. Looks incredible. Wish the PS5 could pull this stuff off. Anyhoo.

So aside from the ‘spy thriller’ story arc that Phantom Liberty will offer, they’re revamping or upgrading most of the games mechanics / systems which will also extend to the base game. This includes - vehicle combat and arsenal, cop system, perk system, damage and difficulty, melee bullet deflection / finishers (part of perks), cyberware as well their negative buffs etc

Seems I’ll be going in for another full playthrough then

So aside from the ‘spy thriller’ story arc that Phantom Liberty will offer, they’re revamping or upgrading most of the games mechanics / systems which will also extend to the base game. This includes - vehicle combat and arsenal, cop system, perk system, damage and difficulty, melee bullet deflection / finishers (part of perks), cyberware as well their negative buffs etc

Really looking forward to this. Read that Idris Elba also gave a great performance too. Content creators had about 1.5 hours worth of gameplay content (On Next Gen Consoles and PC), so I really hope that it is not going to be a repeat of the launch for the base game.

Really looking forward to this. Read that Idris Elba also gave a great performance too. Content creators had about 1.5 hours worth of gameplay content (On Next Gen Consoles and PC), so I really hope that it is not going to be a repeat of the launch for the base game.

You'd expect they'll do absolutely everything to make sure it's in a top state at release. Last thing they'll want is a repeated failed launch. The DLC will probably bring others back to the game too.

Really looking forward it though one of the best games in recent years when it was all fixed up.

You'd expect they'll do absolutely everything to make sure it's in a top state at release. Last thing they'll want is a repeated failed launch. The DLC will probably bring others back to the game too.

Really looking forward it though one of the best games in recent years when it was all fixed up.
Yeah, and usually CDPR DLCs are fairly long, can't wait for it.

Finally. Been waiting for this since release basically (but was tempted last Christmas) to have my first proper playthrough of it. I was expecting this would be Feb-March 2023 but I'm basically going to have waited another year to play it. TOTK has helped bridge that gap though.