Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely spot on, Ronaldo is a true pro. Whether he's on a good or bad day, you know he gives 100% in every match. Messi at times is a disgrace with the way he just doesn't care.

Messi has showed indifference, in any serious way, only this season, especially in those 2 tough games against Atletico when we needed him the most. To be fair to him, this has to be noted.

I would say Ronaldo is nailed on to score in the final now. He has a great record in finals and he also has a great record vs atletico which im sure one of the stats guys could find if they wanted.

Ronaldo or not, I have no idea why any neutral would root for Real. Athletico epitomize a beautiful underdog story and deserve it all
I cant cheer for Athletico in this because of Diego Costa. Why?, well just go have a look at the various videos of him spitting into his own hand and then throwing it or smearing it in opposition players faces. He is right up there with Suarez as far as being an utter cnut and I couldnt cheer for any team to win something if they had anyone of that level of cuntiness in the side.

I cant cheer for Athletico in this because of Diego Costa. Why?, well just go have a look at the various videos of him spitting into his own hand and then throwing it or smearing it in opposition players faces. He is right up there with Suarez as far as being an utter cnut and I couldnt cheer for any team to win something if they had anyone of that level of cuntiness in the side.
Fair enough. Costa is definitely top of the cnut lists in football right now

I actually love what diego costa does. it's the perfect counter to the likes of ramos and pepe etc. watching costa against Madrid last season was hilarious, ramos/pepe didn't know how to handle the abuse that THEY usually gave out, when it was dished out at them.

I actually love what diego costa does. it's the perfect counter to the likes of ramos and pepe etc. watching costa against Madrid last season was hilarious, ramos/pepe didn't know how to handle the abuse that THEY usually gave out, when it was dished out at them.
Two wrongs will never make a right and smearing spit in opposition players faces will never be acceptable. If you love that then you are a very sad case indeed.

so you're looking forward to Pepe lifting that trophy instead?

Im hoping to see Ronaldo lift the trophy. I dont ever recall Pepe smearing spit in an opposition players face.
He blew snot out of his noes at costa before :lol:. When him, ramos and costa are on the pitch together their level of cnutery rises to a new level

He blew snot out of his noes at costa before :lol:. When him, ramos and costa are on the pitch together their level of cnutery rises to a new level

stamped all over opponents. Kicks players then feigns injury when he's not touched. Flat out assaulted two Getafe players which resulted in a huge ban.

Clearly the guy doesn't take his eyes of Ronaldo when he's watching Madrid

stamped all over opponents. Kicks players then feigns injury when he's not touched. Flat out assaulted two Getafe players which resulted in a huge ban.

Clearly the guy doesn't take his eyes of Ronaldo when he's watching Madrid
Hes mental. I was getting sick of him and wanted him sold, but his form this year has made me happy we have kept him. He always had a lot of talent and what it took to be a great cb, but I thought he lost it when he had the knee injury in 2009. He lost a lot of pace after that and that is part of what made him such a unique cb was his great pace. This is his best season since the start of 09/10 I feel.

I would say Ronaldo is nailed on to score in the final now. He has a great record in finals and he also has a great record vs atletico which im sure one of the stats guys could find if they wanted.

After Espanyol (4 in 10), Sporting Gijón (2 in 4), Betis (3 in 6), Barça (13 in 21) and Valencia (7 in 10) his record against Atlético is probably among the "poorer" (very relative of course) in his time at RM, though not because of the gpg ratio which remains outstanding.

in all comps, Cristiano v Atlético: 12 goals in 13 appearances (all 13 starts), but because 5 of them were penalties which is a ridiculous amount really (nearly half).

Hes mental. I was getting sick of him and wanted him sold, but his form this year has made me happy we have kept him. He always had a lot of talent and what it took to be a great cb, but I thought he lost it when he had the knee injury in 2009. He lost a lot of pace after that and that is part of what made him such a unique cb was his great pace. This is his best season since the start of 09/10 I feel.

I think he's a great defender and a great athlete. But he can be a massive liability because he's not right in the head!

Ronaldo always tears Courtois a new one.

Real Madrid easy win, as much as I want Atletico to take it.
I don't really see why its an easy win..

Ronaldo's goal scoring is truly phenomenal. He is one of the best players ever. In the top 10, maybe top 5 players to ever play the game.

I think he's a great defender and a great athlete. But he can be a massive liability because he's not right in the head!
I agree, although I think this year he has been less of a liablility, but his style of play is reckless and thus risky which I think was on full display in the first leg vs Dortmund where he made lots of challenges which could have been fouls if there was another ref. He is probably saving his mental breakdown for the final :lol:

After Espanyol (4 in 10), Sporting Gijón (2 in 4), Betis (3 in 6), Barça (13 in 21) and Valencia (7 in 10) his record against Atlético is probably among the "poorer" (very relative of course) in his time at RM, though not because of the gpg ratio which remains outstanding.

in all comps, Cristiano v Atlético: 12 goals in 13 appearances (all 13 starts), but because 5 of them were penalties which is a ridiculous amount really (nearly half).
When I think about it he has scored a lot of freekicks against them too. Two of his most memorable performance for Madrid imo were vs atletico. The 4-1 in 11/12 whwere we were under immense pressure to win as we had to play barca soon and we were only 4 points ahead and he scored a hattrick including a stunning freekick against them in their stadium. Also in 12/13 where again we were under pressure as we were not consistent at the time, where we won 2-0 and he scored (again a freekick) and he set up ozil for a goal.

Madrid always have the upper hand against Atletico.

They haven't this season, it's been even enough. 2 wins for Real Madrid, 1 win for Atlético and the draw that probably should have been an Atlético win. Through in the Copa del Rey final at the end of last season too and you'll see it's a lot closer now under Simeone. Real Madrid will obviously be favourites, but no one beats them easily any more.

Ronaldo or not, I have no idea why any neutral would root for Real. Athletico epitomize a beautiful underdog story and deserve it all
Yup. Got very lucky with their group draw and handled it excellently. Nothing but tough fixtures from there on out and have only conceded 6 times in 12 games. That's some Ronaldo kind of statistic.

Atletico have beaten AC Milan (not a great team tbh), Barca and Chelsea. How awesome would it be for them to win the CL with all these teams they've faced.

If Ronaldo won the CL and scored 5 goals in the WC, he will win it again.

Unless Messi lead Argentina to WC glory with over 5 goals scored of course.

Why specifically 5 ? You have a thing for this number ?

Well just for the sake of convenience, historically speaking 5 goals (more or less) would usually put you into strong position to win the golden boot, or even the golden ball.

Should Ronaldo win these 2 awards in WC, alongside with his CL glory and record-breaking goalscoring year, I can't see why he won't win Ballon d'Or again.

Well just for the sake of convenience, historically speaking 5 goals (more or less) would usually put you into strong position to win the golden boot, or even the golden ball.

Should Ronaldo win these 2 awards in WC, alongside with his CL glory and record-breaking goalscoring year, I can't see why he won't win Ballon d'Or again.

I think he could score zero goals in the world cup but win it that he'll nail the ballon d'Or easily.

Absolutely spot on, Ronaldo is a true pro. Whether he's on a good or bad day, you know he gives 100% in every match. Messi at times is a disgrace with the way he just doesn't care.

Ronaldo's sufficiently self absorbed that I wouldn't be so sure of that if Portugal had a real chance to win the WC.

yea. I wrote that like an illiterate person.

I meant that.. if Portugal had a chance to win the WC like Argentina did, Ronaldo would well be doing the same thing some people are accusing Messi of doing now.

A WC win would boost his credentials as a player and that seems to be the thing he cares the most about.

Ronaldo is far superior to Messi in terms of athleticism. I guess he is more professional and dedicated in training as well which means that he could preserve top form a bit longer than Messi even though he is 2 years older. Messi is likely to get mentally (and maybe physically) exhausted from the competition with Ronaldo whereas the same doesn't hold for the Portuguese. Time will tell but I can see Ronaldo continuing to score 50 + goals for 2-3 another seasons. I doubt that Messi is capable of such consistency even though he's obviously the more talented player.

Last edited:
yea. I wrote that like an illiterate person.

I meant that.. if Portugal had a chance to win the WC like Argentina did, Ronaldo would well be doing the same thing some people are accusing Messi of doing now.

A WC win would boost his credentials as a player and that seems to be the thing he cares the most about.

At the end of the day what motivates a player isn't really important for me, whether it's about personal glory or collective glory. Ronaldo searching for glory will always his team anyway, Messi has had some great stats despite his bad form. He seems to have lost that spark and hunger whereas Ronaldo has always had it and will always have. That's the only way Ronaldo will compete with Messi in terms of personal stats.

Messi's goalscoring consistency hasn't suffered. He still has 40 despite missing a lot of games.

Those injuries and his attitude in some of Barca's recent games may be a sign of some form of exhaustion, be it mental or physical or both. My point was that Ronaldo's better prepared for a long lasting rivalry because of his athleticism, professionalism and mental strength.

Ronaldo and Messi's goalscoring records in the CL are amazing. What a lot of people forget is that the players who currently are close to the record and hold the all time records played the CL in an era where there were many more games - people forget the two group stages.

Ronaldo and Messi's goalscoring records in the CL are amazing. What a lot of people forget is that the players who currently are close to the record and hold the all time records played the CL in an era where there were many more games - people forget the two group stages.
People also forget that the current attackers are playing more games than anyone who played in the competition prior to 1998.

People also forget that the current attackers are playing more games than anyone who played in the competition prior to 1998.

But most of the players in the top 10 for goal scoring played most of their games post 1998. Indeed, the most goals in a season records are all also largely held since post 1998.

That's not it. You can always list the games played alongside goals as well and Messi/Ronaldo come across favorably in that ratio as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.