Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd want Jose to win this, but I don't want JT to cry like a baby.

I'd want Ronie to win this, but I don't want RM to get their 10th trophies

The consolations is : Atletico to win it, and both Ancelotti and Mourinho got the boot (so that we can recruit them)

If the final is vs Chelsea then I will be for Real, I cannot bear the thought of John Terry and Cole being happy about the CL again. Ronaldo deserves to win it for his monumental efforts. I love when players always give their best and always improve.

This Madrid side will beat Chelsea comfortably if they get through providing they play the game and not the occasion.

This Madrid side will beat Chelsea comfortably if they get through providing they play the game and not the occasion.

Im not so sure. Chelsea pull of these back to the walls performances better than everyone. Madrid are pretty much a counter attacking team. One thing we can guarantee is Mourinho will not over commit his team and let them get hit like Bayern did. You will see a game where Madrid are trying to attack Chelsea and Chelsea hitting them at their weak spot (defence)

yeah sorry but I disagree with all of that.

How is it even debatable that Messi and Iniesta have better ball control and passing than Ronaldo. How often or when was the last time Ronaldo played a pass that you are in awe of?

Huge fan of his but he wasn't that special yesterday? Scored a tap-in (unconvincingly, neuer could have saved it), missed 3 million free kicks and got one in the end which, depending on who you ask, was either smart work or stupidity from a wall that was probably already deflated and wanted the game over anyway... great numbers and statistics though.

Huge fan of his but he wasn't that special yesterday? Scored a tap-in (unconvincingly, neuer could have saved it), missed 3 million free kicks and got one in the end which, depending on who you ask, was either smart work or stupidity from a wall that was probably already deflated and wanted the game over anyway... great numbers and statistics though.

Was not his greatest game but in no way was that a "tap-in". Neuer could have done better but then that can be said about half the goals scored around the world.

Was not his greatest game but in no way was that a "tap-in". Neuer could have done better but then that can be said about half the goals scored around the world.
Hardly takes an amazing player to score that goal in that position. It was an ok performance with everyone waxing lyrical because he's added to his amazing tally.. in what manner is easily forgotten because the numbers are sensational.

Modric was head and shoulders the best player yesterday.

Neuer should have definitely saved it. It was a bit of a scruffy shot and I think Neuer was expecting him to put it top corner which is what caught him out.

Hardly takes an amazing player to score that goal in that position. It was an ok performance with everyone waxing lyrical because he's added to his amazing tally.. in what manner is easily forgotten because the numbers are sensational.

Maybe it's because I don't like him (though I've always appreciated and respected his ability) but I think "it was an OK performance with everyone waxing lyrical because he's added to his amazing tally" could describe him in so many games. Won't always do much, will score a goal, best player of all time, innit?

Neuer should have definitely saved it. It was a bit of a scruffy shot and I think Neuer was expecting him to put it top corner which is what caught him out.

I don't think Ronaldo actually caught the shot well at all.

Neuer was a bombscare in general last night. Very unlike him. And to be honest, I think the Bayern team just wanted out of their after the first goal went in, they knew it was over and the heads went completely when Ramos scored.

He wasn't that special, no, but the celebratory posts are natural, he broke the Champions League scoring record, and reached his first final there. The spotlight was his as Real's best player, even if it wasn't his best game.

13 assists this season too, same as Messi but played 1 more game.

But all he's good for is scoring goals.

Every touch oozes confidence. I'd call him a machine but it'd be unfair on his dedication. Amazing to watch, even on off days. Weird celebration.

May not take an amazing player to score it but it was a good goal nonetheless. To simply put it as a tap-in is doing unfair to the player and the goal.

Im not so sure. Chelsea pull of these back to the walls performances better than everyone. Madrid are pretty much a counter attacking team. One thing we can guarantee is Mourinho will not over commit his team and let them get hit like Bayern did. You will see a game where Madrid are trying to attack Chelsea and Chelsea hitting them at their weak spot (defence)

I think they have too many goal threats for Chelsea to just sit and defend.

3 better than decent set piece takers, pace across the front three, two of the front three are excellent in the air, if they remain calm and dont force the issue I think they are more than capable of putting a couple past Chelsea with no reply.

13 assists this season too, same as Messi but played 1 more game.

But all he's good for is scoring goals.

He plays in a far better and far more attacking team with better teammates. I'm not surprised he has a lot of assists. It'd be strange if he didn't have.

I think they have too many goal threats for Chelsea to just sit and defend.

3 better than decent set piece takers, pace across the front three, two of the front three are excellent in the air, if they remain calm and dont force the issue I think they are more than capable of putting a couple past Chelsea with no reply.

I agree there, if they remain calm and don't let this whole decima thing get to them then they should win really.

He's such a weirdo. Genuinely looked more happy with his "15 goals" celebration than he did after either of the really crucial first couple of goals. Can't remember any footballer ever being so caught up in individual honours.

In a way, I guess that's part of what makes him great. His self-belief and drive to be the best he can be is ridiculous.

He's such a weirdo. Genuinely looked more happy with his "15 goals" celebration than he did after either of the really crucial first couple of goals. Can't remember any footballer ever being so caught up in individual honours.

In a way, I guess that's part of what makes him great. His self-belief and drive to be the best he can be is ridiculous.

Never cared for that either. Nearly creamed his pants when he got his 40th league goal in a meaningless end of the season game a few years back, this was after they'd lost the league and been put out the Champions league!

Never cared for that either. Nearly creamed his pants when he got his 40th league goal in a meaningless end of the season game a few years back, this was after they'd lost the league and been put out the Champions league!

Yeah, it's weird and totally goes against what I expect from someone playing a team game.

Although, like I said, if you have someone in your team with that sort of burning desire to be the very best footballer on the planet then the team will benefit too.

I was going to cut him slack on the basis that it was something to do with Real's 10th European Cup title, until seeing the vain fecker was going on about his 15 goals. Cringeworthy but a telling insight into the single-mindedness that has brought so much of his success.

Possibly. Or, alternatively, it isn't really true of either of 'em. They've hardly played for Stoke City as the sole beacon of talent at any point in their careers.
I'm pretty sure it's true that Barcelona were better than Real Madrid for a number of years.

I'm pretty sure it's true that Barcelona were better than Real Madrid for a number of years.

I'm sure they were. My point is that neither player has played for anything but brilliant sides, loaded with players capable of getting at the end of an assist.

He's well on the way to rivaling Cruyff as the best European player ever. 50 + goals in 4 consecutive seasons is an absolutely astonishing achievment in itself. What a player!

Compare parts of his game to messis and iniestas (while a completely different player to Ronaldo, has similar skills to messi that if Ronaldo had would improve him) and you will see. He doesn't pass the ball as well as them and nor is his touch as good in tight spaces and he is unable to dictate games like messi either. Messi unlike Ronaldo can play in the middle where there is less space because his touch is good enough whereas Ronaldo cant as was seen in the last classico as the most recent example of many cases.

Good point, combine his physical attributes and drive with that level of technical skill and that mentality he has and he would be the best player ever no doubt. What we do have regardless is a phenomenal player. I agree with a comment I read, he wasn't that great yesterday, but he finds the game so easy now and Madrid create so many chances that even on an off day he's getting one or two goals. You can't argue with his stats the man delivers. Ability wise it's still Messi for me. But at what he does Ronaldo is peerless. He deserves another Champ's League title at Madrid, hopefully it's there year (same Alonso will be out)

Modric was the MOTM, majestic.

I was going to cut him slack on the basis that it was something to do with Real's 10th European Cup title, until seeing the vain fecker was going on about his 15 goals. Cringeworthy but a telling insight into the single-mindedness that has brought so much of his success.
He just broke the all time record for goals scored in a single CL campaign with that goal, I don't see anything wrong with being ecstatic about that. The celebration itself was definately cringeworthy, but not the fact that he celebrated it. He works his socks off to give himself the best possible statistics, but that's rarely, if ever, to the detriment of the team. He's no Robben.

Absolutely mega player for me as a Barcelona fan. Easily one of the best of all time. On the back of monster season after monster season, and has been more consistent than the more naturally gifted Messi, at least recently. But his vanity loses him lots of popularity points. Referring to his record when Real Madrid are on the way to a historic final for them, just doesn't feel right.

Absolutely mega player for me as a Barcelona fan. Easily one of the best of all time. On the back of monster season after monster season, and has been more consistent than the more naturally gifted Messi, at least recently. But his vanity loses him lots of popularity points. Referring to his record when Real Madrid are on the way to a historic final for them, just doesn't feel right.

It was historic goal that broke the all time CL single season scoring record.

Some people will find anything to complain about Ronaldo, it's always polemic.

In fact I am highly praising Ronaldo there. The final comment, was a reply to another poster who felt similarly, and if I am not mistaken, he is a Real Madrid fan.

In any case, it is but a footnote. Ronaldo is (and I repeat) one of the greatest ever players, and many people tend to underrate him.

Well actually in the interviews he gave the politically correct answers regarding that matter. Was more important to be in the final but he was happy he achieved the record with the help of his teammates and their hardwork. The typical player soundbyte

Status
Not open for further replies.